Old 11-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 54 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Lol yup. Just stole this one at a Facebook auction. Flying meatball ESP Glow MJ...

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Just scooped one of these yesterday for $20. Looking forward to throwing it, but not expecting it to glow at all.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-25-2019, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 164 Times in 117 Posts

Cheaper than a new Z was the best part.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2019, 01:39 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 495 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirepizza View Post
Just scooped one of these yesterday for $20. Looking forward to throwing it, but not expecting it to glow at all.
Good, because it doesn’t really.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:44 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 136
Niced 2,795 Times in 1,003 Posts

Lol. The one I throw is babyfood squash orange with almost no swirl to it at all, if it has any glow in it at all it's mixed in really well. It's really just an overpriced ESP Comet. I've lost it and needed to stop a round to go on a full-scale search for it a half dozen times because of that bland tan/orange color. The hotstamp is impossible to read, there is too much going on with it. It's really one of my least-favorite discs in terms of design/color.

It flies nice, though.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:57 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 495 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lol. The one I throw is babyfood squash orange with almost no swirl to it at all, if it has any glow in it at all it's mixed in really well. It's really just an overpriced ESP Comet. I've lost it and needed to stop a round to go on a full-scale search for it a half dozen times because of that bland tan/orange color. The hotstamp is impossible to read, there is too much going on with it. It's really one of my least-favorite discs in terms of design/color.

It flies nice, though.
Mine is a peach/orange that jumps out in the woods. I should have looked more closely but I don’t think it was any more than a normal premium plastic disc where I bought it.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Niced 225 Times in 147 Posts

Played a round today: Comets vs. the rest of the bag.

The Comets lost (mainly because of the putting), but it was such a pleasure to watch those Comet flights! If I had counted style points, the Comets would have won. ;-)

There's nothing like a Comet! :-)

Old 11-25-2019, 07:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I have a sample size of exactly one Big Z Comet.

Mine is an older run, the dome is in the pretty normal range for a Z Comet; maybe slightly on the less domey side of that range but not flat. It's also not heavy, it's I think 173g or something like that. I've always preferred Z Comets to X Comets; I like the little more stability. That Big Z for me slid right into my go-to Comet slot. It was maybe a tad less stable but still beefy enough for me, good glide, great flight. It was like a Z Comet that I didn't have to break in.

Since I picked up that Big Z there have been the Mike Jo Comets and Ledgestone Comets that seem to be all I buy anymore. I haven't bought a stock Comet in five or so years. So I still have that one Big Z, which isn't much of a sample size. That one was great, though. I really liked it.

If you prefer the X Comet over the Z Comet, your mileage may vary.
Always nice to read your posts.. That's what I was told to expect, mine is the same in terms of dome. I don't really feel like it's reacting the same as a small dome ESP or Z say. The shoulder is flatter with fast transition though...

It has a beefy feel, and low turn with a steady and faster starting but not extreme fade. Kinda odd for all the Comets I've thrown but sample size of one. Don't get me wrong I like the beefy but the flight line is kinda Buzzz sort of. It's got a different power range I think. Not so good up short but once you power it up its got a very straight flight

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 11-25-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

Hmmm so Addendum:

I went out and played a quick round in the yard with the dog after posting.. First throw with big Z was on the money. Great straight flight solid grip minimal turn and fade.. Next throw a little rough but solid, after that it went to sh**

I'm feeling like ambient temperature and grip issues are what's hampering me, it's not too bad here 6 or 7 Celsius but as the disc cooled off I lost more grip and it was slipping out on more of an underpowered hyzer line. Might give that thing a wash and a scuff.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1,040 Times in 562 Posts

Pffft on your fancy Comets. My best flyer is still probably the first one I ever bought a little over 3 years ago, stock Z 174g. Not bagging it currently since I like bagging 2, a beat X and a max weight Z Glo.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 164 Times in 117 Posts

My 2nd favorite comet ever was also a stock one. 173g double stamp. Sad day when it went for a swim. It was my second because my first Z was my favorite. Orange Walled lake Z. It taught me so much. I didn't like it much cause I over threw everything with it back then...

But hey, there's nothing wrong with liking fancy discs.

Niced: (1)