Old 12-10-2017, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 34
Niced 345 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Can't go wrong with the Pure. It's like the one good disc Trilogy makes.
The "one" good disc trilogy makes. You're such a hater.. lol

You never fail to find some angle to bitch about something. Happy holidays
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-10-2017, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,467 Times in 1,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
The "one" good disc trilogy makes. You're such a hater.. lol

You never fail to find some angle to bitch about something. Happy holidays
Bah humbug!
Old 11-26-2019, 02:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 525 Times in 300 Posts

I see the Pure get mentioned here and there in putter threads, stunned it has been 2 years since the thread had a post... but maybe it was just Streets successfully killing something trilogy?

anyway, I thought I saw a few posts and discussions in some thread a few weeks or month ago about trilogy plastic and how it holds up but can't for the life of me find the posts. But something along the lines of Gold Line will hold its stability longer than Opto.
Most of my trilogy mids/drivers (which I don't throw drivers anymore) are in opto plastic, some for field work in base plastics but those never clicked with me)
I throw Harps in VIP, BT Soft and BT Hard. I've bounced around with the understable slot some but the Pure is 100% the disc i keep coming back to. I have zero hard, and mostly like it but they get beat up so damn fast, lots of rocks and trees on my course and i'm throwing not putting. We have a new course in the works, short and technical with lots of trees and need to finish right and without a forehand the Pure is getting a LOT of work. Now it is getting way to beat up way to fast.

SO... question is on Gold line or Opto?
I know the conventional thoughts are to compare Opto to Champ and Gold line to Star but I've kinda felt like grip/feel and durability don't fall into those comparisons and was wondering if anyone had more experience with the gold line VS Opto trilogy plastics to say which keeps its stability longer.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:34 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

I think the Opto Pure is the standard for most. Haven’t ever read much about GL Pures.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:46 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 858 Times in 718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
I see the Pure get mentioned here and there in putter threads, stunned it has been 2 years since the thread had a post... but maybe it was just Streets successfully killing something trilogy?

anyway, I thought I saw a few posts and discussions in some thread a few weeks or month ago about trilogy plastic and how it holds up but can't for the life of me find the posts. But something along the lines of Gold Line will hold its stability longer than Opto.
Most of my trilogy mids/drivers (which I don't throw drivers anymore) are in opto plastic, some for field work in base plastics but those never clicked with me)
I throw Harps in VIP, BT Soft and BT Hard. I've bounced around with the understable slot some but the Pure is 100% the disc i keep coming back to. I have zero hard, and mostly like it but they get beat up so damn fast, lots of rocks and trees on my course and i'm throwing not putting. We have a new course in the works, short and technical with lots of trees and need to finish right and without a forehand the Pure is getting a LOT of work. Now it is getting way to beat up way to fast.

I know the conventional thoughts are to compare Opto to Champ and Gold line to Star but I've kinda felt like grip/feel and durability don't fall into those comparisons and was wondering if anyone had more experience with the gold line VS Opto trilogy plastics to say which keeps its stability longer.
This is why for the most part if I threw the Swedish manufactured Trilogy I would throw mostly Latitude 64 and Westside Discs then Dynamic Discs as it almost seems that Dynamic Discs is getting the lesser plastic of the three brands. It is sad because Dynamic Disc has some good molds just not great molds but the plastic is lesser. Even the Hard baseline plastics are not as durable as Latitude 64 and Westside Disc plastic. The true baseline seems to be the same all around for these companies, that is something that is about the same if they have a modern DX/Pro D type of plastic in the brands lineup. Also I can't Stand the Disc Golf is life marketing of Dynamic Discs. Disc Golf is not life unless you are a Pro/other person who is making a full on living on Disc Golf in some way or you almost died due to drug abuse/headed in that path very soon or were thinking about killing yourself but Disc Golf stopped you from doing either.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-26-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Old 11-26-2019, 08:04 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 655 Times in 335 Posts

I miss TripleB. I wonder if he finally bought all of the discs...

Niced: (2)
Old 11-26-2019, 09:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 131
Niced 759 Times in 337 Posts

Sounds like a good time to thank Kristin Tattar for the new Moonshine Glow Zero Medium Pures hitting the market.

Not really a fan of Gold Line myself, prefer the Zero Med and Hard putters for better grip. Hards off the tee and Mediums for putting seems to work for me.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 48
Niced 866 Times in 585 Posts

Quote:

I have thrown both. I always have a Pure in the bag for approaches. I am throwing Gold Line now, but could go back to Opto in a heartbeat. For me, they fly exactly the same, and I have not noticed wear on either one.