Old 11-25-2019, 11:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,252 Times in 721 Posts

Try a Belgin style Saison or a Scottish 20 shilling. Both, if the craft brewer( or import if you are lucky enough to have that nice of a store local) has brewed them to to style, will be about 3 % abv, yet will have actual taste and mouth feel.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-25-2019, 11:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,863 Times in 604 Posts

IPAs are overrated.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:15 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 193 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
IPAs are overrated.
There are too many of them. Like every Brewer has to have one. If I'm in the mood for a IPA I don't one just one but I also don't want something that I can't taste the hoppiness of it. Something middle of the road like my favorite sierra nevada torpedo. I know I'm drinking an IPA but I'm not drunk after one. It's a balance that I think only a few Brewers do it right.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-26-2019, 01:36 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 849 Times in 714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
I think we are mostly in agreement here. I don't expect craft beer to disappear, but I do think that there are too many small breweries in many areas. When demand starts to level off (and eventually decline), I expect to see a lot of closures.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of the additional choices. I just see a bubble waiting to burst.
I agree but to a point, the beer is see dying are not ones connected to a restaurant with bar or the larger craft breweries say the ones even small time places that distribute the beer outside the venue, but the Micro Micro breweries that are just a micro brewery that are more niche in that they do not sell any bottled beer ever and you have to use a container to take it home in.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 525 Times in 300 Posts

Back in high school and college I was getting Henry Winheards in bottles rather than whatever canned cheap piss water for $3.50 a case other people were getting. I've always preferred flavor and substance. So happy I am in an area that was at the forefront of "craft" beer and regularly has had some of the best around... not to mention some of the best wines in the world... not as good for the course but just being here a bit of wine snobbery rubs off. Its great to see how many grocery stores Bud and Coors and Miller et al are relegated to a small corner of the beer aisle.
Yeah the $13 six packs are not ok, and I splurge on them but so many local breweries that are still pretty reasonably priced or just go into them and get growlers and crowlers for very cheap.

I have a T-shirt that says "the internet is a fad" its funny to me how much that offends some people, especially because its not like I wear it with a purpose. Point is micro brews may not be on the level of the internet but calling it a fad? Maybe in some regions but they are going to stay strong on the west coast for a long long time.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,863 Times in 604 Posts

"Your opinion is a fad"

I'm making that shirt, don't steal it.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:00 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 849 Times in 714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
Back in high school and college I was getting Henry Winheards in bottles rather than whatever canned cheap piss water for $3.50 a case other people were getting. I've always preferred flavor and substance. So happy I am in an area that was at the forefront of "craft" beer and regularly has had some of the best around... not to mention some of the best wines in the world... not as good for the course but just being here a bit of wine snobbery rubs off. Its great to see how many grocery stores Bud and Coors and Miller et al are relegated to a small corner of the beer aisle.
Yeah the $13 six packs are not ok, and I splurge on them but so many local breweries that are still pretty reasonably priced or just go into them and get growlers and crowlers for very cheap.

I have a T-shirt that says "the internet is a fad" its funny to me how much that offends some people, especially because its not like I wear it with a purpose. Point is micro brews may not be on the level of the internet but calling it a fad? Maybe in some regions but they are going to stay strong on the west coast for a long long time.
I know what you mean My family lived just outside Madison Wisconsin in a town smashed to Madison from 1991 to end of 2000 and on rare occasions my dad would get local beers from micro brew places that popped up in the 1990's One of them was New Glarus Brewing from town of same name, trying the Spotted Cow and the others. Before that my dad lived in California from 1966 on to 1991 and on rare occasions as Sierra Nevada Brewing was not yet nation wide was a more micro/regional brew he would drink on special occasions when he wanted to splurge on beer. Dad lived in Lompoc then in army near Ft Ord in mid 1980's then in SLO town for undergrad work a Cal Poly for late 1980's to very early 1990's.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-26-2019 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 413
Niced 210 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
To each their own, but damn....I don't know how anyone can drink that swill. Thank goodness I grew up in Detroit and I could at least get Labatt or Molson to drink. Even as a dishwashing high school kid, i sought out Erlanger, Michelob or Lowenbrau. Not great beer, but if I had to drink Weideman, Hamms, Goebels, Bud or Miller, I would have stuck to liquor.
Sorry about your childhood growing up in Detroit. I'm from Milwaukee. Brew city man. I'm not a fan of Miller lite but don't knock Hamms. That stuff is cheap AF. It's also from the "land of sky blue waters" and has some beautiful mountains on the case. Last I checked there are no mountains in Milwaukee. But I grew up on some Hamms. Bud light is gross and for vegetarians and wieners. If I want water I'll just have a Coors light.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:24 AM
Par Member

Niced 141 Times in 75 Posts

Microbrews, especially porters, are my favorite, but I can crush Budweiser, whiskey, vodka, or red wines any day. Why take sides, variety is the spice of life.

Oh, and judging by her travel blogs, Paige likes foo foo drinks, like Mimosas and Margaritas.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,441 Times in 1,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
foo foo drinks, like Mimosas and Margaritas.
Not much for margs but I will double fist some mimosas during Sunday brunch.

Niced: (2)