Old 06-21-2019, 01:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 65
Niced 662 Times in 319 Posts

I didn’t see the Trident when I went through though I didn’t end up in the briars on 9 and didn’t want to go in when I didn’t have too.

Probably gonna spin it again tomorrow.

Also: Biscoe, I can’t make doubles on the lake. I’d love to but I’m working and my preferred partner is taking his little brother to a Phillies game. Lake Marshall is fantastic!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-22-2019, 01:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 331 Times in 209 Posts

I would avoid briars too, if I could just stop throwing right into the middle of them...

I'm glad they finally mowed most of Rockland, the roughs are still very rough though. Would be nice if Apple Valley could get some sort of partnership with the park. If there was a way to keep like a weedeater and pushmower on site I wouldn't mind putting in some post-round work from time to time to keep it up.

Bag/disc news
Picked up 2 other wraiths, a super beat flippy Pro and a newer hyzerflip bottom stamp *. Pro wraith is going straight into the bag.
Friend gave me another 750G D2. That D2 run just goes so far, and I lost my backup doing fieldwork so it's nice to have another backup. I'm borrowing an A1 from the same friend to compare to the Stego, though I doubt it's as much of a trickshot disc.
Someone wanted to trade me for something so I ended up picking out a 400G D3 from his box. Bout the same distance/flip as the 750G D2
I also have a ton of shot overlap with Gazelle, Trident, FB and F1 (think fresh new teebird stable). I'm not sure if I want to bother trimming that section of my bag but it's a place I could.

I don't think I can do this Sunday but I've been eyeing the Gyro Blockhouse event, Flying Lotus, NG at Lake Marshall, and Maurertown Fly. I'm currently just signed up for WVO.

Oh I just noticed a tourny at Rockland, so I'll have to be sure to show for that. Gotta defend the turf lol.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Eagle Member

Found some of my missing Tridents at Rockland.
Shot a 59 (second time I've broken 60 I believe) from shorts.
Still rolling with just Wraiths for distance.
A1 is a poor stego substitute.
92% C1x putting which is great.
Gazelle is so much fun to throw, been really digging it lately.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Eagle Member

Been a minute. Been playing some, but bag hasn't been changing much.
18 at Spilman
2x Wraith
F1
Trident
2x F2
M2
Comet
2x PA4
A1
PA3

Someone has gone and spray painted some long pads for some of the holes at Spilman, but not all of them are well thought out. I tried 4b and 8b. 4b was ok, 8 b just pushes it back 5' and takes away the line lol.
Anyway shot a 53 including a lost disc 6 on 4b.
Also included my first ace! Hole 9 with a PA4, missed my line off to the right a little and it hyzer finished right in dead center.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,261 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Also included my first ace! Hole 9 with a PA4, missed my line off to the right a little and it hyzer finished right in dead center.
Congrats on the ace!

Old 07-07-2019, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

2 rounds of 18 for red white and blockhouse. 1 round darkside, 1 round sunnyside in the 2 Days in May layout.
Shot a 58 darkside and a 64 sunnyside. Missed 6 inside the circle putts on that second round, which is pretty awful compared to how I have been doing. Only dropped 1 inside the circle putt on that first round. Finished 7/12 for my first advanced tourny.

5 Wraiths (MF, Glow, 2*, Pro)
Starfire
Firebird
Gazelle
F1
2 F2
F7
M2
Comet
A1
Breaker
3 PA4
Stego
2 PA3

I'm taking the A1 out as I didn't have any good shots with it this weekend. Also not sure I'm gonna keep the gazelle in there moving forward. I could trim a lot of fairway space especially cause putters take up so much space and having a gamut of PA4's is really nice.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Eagle Member

Front 18 at my favorite course, Harmon Hills. It's pretty freshly mowed for a tournament recently, which was fantastic. Shot a 68
5 Wraiths
Starfire
Trident
F1
2 F2
F7
Comet
M2
M1
3 PA4s
Breaker
2 PA3s
Stego
Old 07-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Eagle Member

18 holes I'd rather forget at Mayflower Hills. The course was in great shape, and fun to play, if a little exhausting from all the elevation. One of my worst rounds in a while.
Only bag changes was that I swapped out my two bookend OS Wraiths (MF and Glow) for 2 D1's since I haven't thrown them in a while. And I lost a starfire immediately on hole 1.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Eagle Member

Luckily my affliction at Mayflower seemed to be a temporary condition. Was throwin a heater at Rockland shorts before the wheels fell off on the last two holes. Had a nice 83% c1x putting, parked a couple holes. Took a lost disc 5 on 17 and a 4 on 18 to end with a 58. Shanked a forehand way off to the left and it never came back and off the fairway on 17 is ROUGH.

Managed to pull off the backhand roller play on 16 again which is always funny.

D1
3 Wraiths
Champ Thunderbird
2 Tridents
F1
2 F2
F7
M3X
M2
Comet
2 PA4
Breaker
Stego
2 PA3

A friend picked me up one of the spectrum glimmer M3Xs from AM worlds, I'm digging it after throwing it a couple times. Very similar to the M2 I've had in my bag for the past 3 years, but a little bit more overstability and maybe more glide.

Also nabbed one of the infinite metal flake tridents, fantastic run of tridents

Old 08-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Eagle Member

Shot a terrible 61 at JB park last night for Apple Valley tags. I haven't played OR practiced putting in over a week and yeesh it showed. Tag #40 here I go!

Bag changes;
Slipped a slightly used D3 in, probably won't stay. Wraiths are much more workable for the shots I'd use it for.
I like D1's but flippier D series discs are just too speed sensitive for me I think. If I could throw consistently harder or softer it wouldn't be an issue, I'm just in a weird spot.
Bagged the new Opto Trident, it's goooood, better than the moonshines they ran a couple years ago.
Swapped F7 to reeeeeal beat up F2 and threw a great roller on 16 with it.
Kept the MX3 in, I'm liking it so far. Also got to feel up a 350g version, it's basically a small bead KC Roc. I can see this disc being a big hit.
Need to slide a Firebird back in, even if I don't throw them terribly often with how stable they are.

Tournaments coming up; Maurertown FLY, WVO, Cardinal, Duck Golf

Others; Possibly Hawk Hollow on the 11th, Something secret in October I'm cooking up