Old 10-06-2019, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,011 Times in 1,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Wow thanks SW for those annotations. I played around with the knee things last night at home. When I do the motion it honestly just feels like my hips are engaging/firing/rotating..?. In the dr Yeager video it looks like the players are really pushing into the plant leg, but I thought pushing was a bad thing. Am I getting confused with pushing laterally and pushing into rotation? Are these even separate things?

Going back to post 195 on page 20, before the latest swing revelation, was the last time I felt that effortless heavy disc swing. So Im going to re-visit that era. I know to get that feeling I just kept on turning into the plant and caught myself on n the plant leg. Not sure how/why I lost that feeling.

When I go wider stride into plant I feel like I dont transfer my weight and get stuck on the back leg. Have I really got to just trust my front leg to hold me up? Is that where Im going wrong? I always thought I had to get there on top of the leg in balance. I have pretty decent balance in lots of other life aspects I feel like this shouldnt be as hard as it is to figure out.
That swing in 195 is much better, but need to shift quicker/compacter between the feet. Shift balance to one leg and then you can freely rotate posted upright on it with rear side hanging from front side. Heels should trade up/down. Your rear heel is coming up after your front heel goes down, so your rear heel is either being dragged from the front heel going down, or pushing too late after front heel down, instead of driving the front heel down with all weight shifted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 361 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
Losing the heavy feeling might be due to engaging your arm too early. You might have gotten too excited after you started feeling the heavy feeling and started rushing to try and throw farther.
This is something I'm struggling with. I need to keep reminding myself to slow it down.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 51 Times in 44 Posts

Nothing new here been -10 for a few days.

Just been reading lots and thinking. Am I meant to maintain pressure on the left foot all the way into the plant until weight has shifted? Or is it more of a sudden jump from left foot to right foot, then swing.

I’ve almost watched every video of YouTube about “the move” �� it really seems like just a kind of hip turn / lateral shift onto the front side.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Nothing new here been -10 for a few days.

Just been reading lots and thinking. Am I meant to maintain pressure on the left foot all the way into the plant until weight has shifted? Or is it more of a sudden jump from left foot to right foot, then swing.

Ive almost watched every video of YouTube about the move �� it really seems like just a kind of hip turn / lateral shift onto the front side.
Both toes/insteps should be on the ground with heels up - athletic position. Suddenly shift to one heel or the other heel with all your weight. See Wiggins in Frame 2 to 3.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=133319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s
Old 10-16-2019, 04:40 PM
Birdie Member

Hi guys!

Finally managed to get out to the field but after 6 hours (over two days) I still couldn’t find that magical well of power feeling I’ve stumbled upon a few times now. So I’m going back to OLD!

I’m really scratching my head with this shifting business. I never really figured it out from OLD, but found it with the x-step, so there’s got to be a few things fundamentally wrong.

Currently nothing looks or feels right (eek!)
In this first video I’m flexing the rear knee, but when I do so I take a wild wide stride and my knee gets locked out.

https://youtu.be/8o_EitGrAAQ

In this second one I’m trying to figure out how to shift differently/think differently. Concentrating on really pushing off that instep into the plant, but it feels wrong, like I’m intentionally dropping my knee/twisting my hips(which I believe is a big no no). I can’t stop getting pigeon toed/mega closed whilst doing the OLD, but I’m on the understanding that the stride must be equal and opposite to the swing.

https://youtu.be/Ova7bS28t0U

And thirdly ; just walking, and thinking about being on the front leg. Nice and slow.

https://youtu.be/ryEKJIpABcA

Thanks again for your patience guys! I will understand one day!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Birdie Member

Just playing around with how my plant foot behaves with my hips. Perhaps I’m not turning/loading the hips properly. If I do it one way, the right foot turns inwards with the hips, but if I do it a different way the foot remains neutral... ��
Old 10-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Birdie Member

Ok potentially scrap those posts! I think I found it again! (Weight shift)

I kind of abbreviated all of the mechanics to figure it out but I feel a huge lag in the disc again! I’m purely using my hips / weight to get the disc moving then adding the arm as late as I can. It *feels* amazing, here’s hoping I’m on the right track.

https://youtu.be/lWVIeu4bJyQ
Old 10-16-2019, 08:23 PM
* Ace Member *

In "knee flex vid" you flex(collapse) both knees and sink your CoG down into the ground flat footed like a jack in the box wobbling around. You are trying to use your knees instead of your feet. Keep your knees stable and plantar flex to push your heels up off the ground raising your CoG upward so that you can shift back and forth when either heel plants.

Your knee should flex in reaction to your foot/instep doing the pushing/plantar flexion as your heel/ankle rises, the knee should flex out of the way so you don't push yourself over the top when you shift to one foot/leg post.

"squeeze the knees vid" The knees should not squeeze(collapse) together inward like with both heels weighted on the ground into bad posture/stance. There must be a shift to one leg for the other leg/thigh to squeeze or rotate inward toward the posted leg due to the shift.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Ok potentially scrap those posts! I think I found it again! (Weight shift)

I kind of abbreviated all of the mechanics to figure it out but I feel a huge lag in the disc again! Im purely using my hips / weight to get the disc moving then adding the arm as late as I can. It *feels* amazing, heres hoping Im on the right track.

https://youtu.be/lWVIeu4bJyQ
The lower body looks a little better, but I think the x-step is just masking something that is fundamentally still off, and not sure you will get it right from x-step. IDK how you can abbreviate the follow thru like that and finish with the hand down(appears disc nose up). Your shoulder/s is/are barely swinging and that seems really awkward with an x-step that should be elongating the swing. I think you need more vid from behind tee to check your balance/posture and scrap the x-step.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Just watching butt wipe and I side swing video. It appears that the butt wiping brings the disc to chest. It looks like an active movement. When I drill this, I feel the same lag as in just waiting for my weight to bring the disc to chest. It makes more sense that it’s an active wipe as that way the rear leg would provide leverage. As of now I’m just trying to shift my weight targetward...