Old 12-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 499 Times in 238 Posts
Default 2020 Majors

PDGA posted the 2020 Major Locations

I was disappointed to see Utah at first cause I have not really enjoyed the Utah Open course as a Youtube watcher outside of the background views. But it looks like they have a sweet woods course down the road that will be incorporated. Turns out there was only 2 bids, so I guess we should be thankful for anyone who hosts. It takes a serious group of folks to host worlds and they deserve praise. Considering how close Ogden is to some of the most spectacular National Parks in the country it would be worth a trip to spectate for sure. Doubt I'm selling the wife on that one though.

Other notable for me is the Tim Selinske masters at Harmony Bends in Columbia. I may take the 1.5 hour drive to watch some of that. I do think hosting anything at Harmony in May is risky though. Seems like a gamble because that course is simply unplayable right after a heavy rain. They have had to move events last minute in the past.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 36 Posts

I thought emporia bid on every major, guess they didn't get them.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:49 PM

Courses Played: 30
Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6854 View Post
I thought emporia bid on every major, guess they didn't get them.
Tries to hate on Emporia every time, doesn't always get 'em.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 123
Niced 243 Times in 94 Posts

"The event will feature the famed Mulligan’s Creekside"

The golf course course? Featured? I get there were only two bids, but this is a joke. I think you can see the mountains from the course, which will make this all the more sad. Go play in the mountains and forests. I guess facilities and the ability to accommodate lots of players, staff, and spectators is important, but I'm certainly not watching those rounds when they come out.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,590 Times in 1,554 Posts

Note that it's going to be played on 2 courses---the other being described as "heavily wooded".

Sounds like a good plan to have a championship contended on two very different courses, and require a champion to be good on both.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:49 PM
Birdie Member

Mixing in crap for the sake of variety? You can test distance and skills on a more open course without goofy shots that that ball golf course layout has. Look at Joensboro or the Toboggon course for good examples.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjt22 View Post
Tries to hate on Emporia every time, doesn't always get 'em.
Not hating I thought it would be cool, although not a huge fan of country club. They did bid on everything right? I thought I heard rusco say it on a vid somewhere.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
"The event will feature the famed Mulligan’s Creekside"

The golf course course? Featured? I get there were only two bids, but this is a joke. I think you can see the mountains from the course, which will make this all the more sad. Go play in the mountains and forests. I guess facilities and the ability to accommodate lots of players, staff, and spectators is important, but I'm certainly not watching those rounds when they come out.
These comments always crack me up. Especially the highlighted. It's as if you can just wander up into the mountains and just build a course anywhere. the area at the base of the mountains is all privately owned and extremely expensive. With very few exceptions, (ski resorts etc.) the mountains themselves are all protected land.

As for the disc golf course on the golf course. It may, or may not be the coolest place to watch on video, However I've found that once you've played a course like that you have a much greater appreciation for the amount of skill required to score well there. And it's much more enjoyable to watch when you know how difficult what they do really is.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Eky8; 12-21-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:40 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 243 Times in 116 Posts

That golf course is boring as hell to watch. One of the few events I won't watch the coverage of.

Niced: (2)

Old 12-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky8 View Post
These comments always crack me up. Especially the highlighted. It's as if you can just wander up into the mountains and just build a course anywhere. the area at the base of the mountains is all privately owned and extremely expensive. With very few exceptions, (ski resorts etc.) the mountains themselves are all protected land.

As for the disc golf course on the golf course. It may, or may not be the coolest place to watch on video, However I've found that once you've played a course like that you have a much greater appreciation for the amount of skill required to score well there. And it's much more enjoyable to watch when you know how difficult what they do really is.
There are courses in the mountains. I don't know Utah that well, but I've played plenty of great mountain courses. I don't think people can just wander into the mountains to play. That is a weird interpretation of what I said.
Seeing the mountains from the goofy golf course layout is a reminder that there are better places to play disc golf.