Old 04-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,261 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
This Week's Bag(3 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws. If anything I may be throwing this disc too often.
That is not possible.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
This Week's Bag(3 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws. If anything I may be throwing this disc too often. Its really fun to throw, so I'm letting it take over lots of Omega shots.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 83 total throws (75 putts) I added in a second gummy quantum thrower for this week, hit cage on 14 at Aviary with it. That one is a good flyer, but I might go back to 4 Omegas adding a flippy one in to complement the mix.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 19 throws. Pig things
2x Aurora MS (Quantum)- 4 throws. These may just replace the Buzzz in my lineup. I didn't add them to the bag to replace my buzz, more of a fun experiment that worked very well.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 8 throws. I had some trouble with my roadrunners this week, probably the archer not the arrow.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 8 throws. Still reliable workhorse control drivers. My flippy one is starting to get to Roadrunner level stability which is pretty cool since it will attempt to fade back too.
3x Firebird (Color Glow Champ)- 11 throws. Firebird things
1x Aries (Sirius)- 2 throws. Recently acquired in a trade, some more Millennium plastic to try out. Very mediocre results with the Aries, more testing required to have an actual opinion on it though.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 5 throws. I played a few different courses this week, so these had a chance to get some air time.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 4 throws. Love this pair for max D.

I added in a couple more Millennium molds for this weeks rounds, a recent pick up in the Sirius Aries, and some older QMS I used to throw. I wasn't too impressed with the Aries, but I will continue to use it for casual rounds in order to get a better feel for its flight. Right now I highly doubt it will permanently go into my bag. The QMS on the other hand may replace my Buzzz at some point here this season. They are a little bit shorter distance wise but I can keep them straighter when powered down, which is one of my more common uses for my mids. I'm going to keep the QMS in my bag for a few weeks and see how they perform for me. Definitely stilly going through a honeymoon phase with the QMS, but I could bag 2 that covers straight to understable mid shots easily
How do you actually keep track of how often you throw a disc in a round. This is something I would like to do
Old 04-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 331 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarriere View Post
How do you actually keep track of how often you throw a disc in a round. This is something I would like to do
I dunno how he does it, but I have a "sticky note" app that takes up a whole screen on my phone and I just write whatever I just threw down and then format it when I get home.
I also keep score on my phone so at the end of the hole it's easy to give myself a score and then jot down what I tossed before the next tee.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 110 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have an easy method for tracking throws. I will sit down with a cold beer at home after throwing that day and record every shot I took per hole in a notebook. I'll then tally up the number of throws with each disc for the round. I use the UDisc app, which helps me to remember the round better, but its usually not an issue unless I play the same course 3 times in a day (texasissouth has a good idea to record them using the notes app during your round too). I know its super nerdy/ time consuming, but counting how much I'm throwing each disc is helpful for determining what shots I need to practice more. I feel like I can make more informed decisions with my bag setup by tracking my throws this way.

Last edited by HERB brooks; 04-09-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 50.1
Courses Played: 4
Niced 168 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Take a notepad and pen.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,261 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
When I did this playing golf ball golf, I wrote annotations on my scorecard.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:25 PM
Birdie Member

This Week's Bag(2 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 1 throw.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 67 total throws (53 putts)
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 22 throws.
2x Aurora MS (Quantum)- 4 throws.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 1 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 3 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 3 throws.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 2 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 2 throws.

I Threw away a perfectly good round today at the Aviary, started 5 under through 8 holes and finished -3. The triple bogey on 18 was a great way to finish the choke job (I birdied the 19th hole to finish, but the damage had been done). I lost my go to Pig again today, every time I find one that I really click with I either lose the damn thing or ace and retire it. The QMS is working well for me, but its not an obvious replacement for the Buzzz. I may end up getting cold feet and keeping the Buzzz in my bag. I need to buy a couple more QMS before making any final decisions on my workhorse midrange.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (3 rounds):

Rocs are back in the bag in the place of my QMS as a result of a windy round at Cumberland Green. The holes are too short to disc up to an OLF, and the headwind was tossing my QMS around too much for my liking. They didn't flip uncontrollably, but I found myself wanting a mold with more stability. This led me to throw my three Rocs back in the bag for a trial run. My backhand has improved quite a bit this year, and they are much easier for me to throw consistently now. The Rocs should slot in well as my mid of choice, I just don't feel like the Buzzz or QMS are stable enough to cycle properly. I prefer to keep midrange and putter molds to a minimum, that way I can be more confident throwing them. I strongly feel that more reps with the same mold is beneficial to my short game.

1x Polecat (XT)- 9 throws. Polecat things.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 89 total throws (81 putts). Still going strong as my main putter in the circle and off the tee.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 17 throws. Pig things.
2x Aurora MS (Quantum)- 2 throws. I switched these out for Rocs after one round in heavy wind. They just get pushed around too much in a stiff headwind to be a feasible workhorse. If I need to add more beef then I may as well try to throw the Rocs instead. They were a fun experiment though, I really enjoyed throwing these QMS.
3x Roc (Dx & KC Pro)- 5 throws. I have one beat 167 gram DX and a 175 gram DX for straight and turnover shots, while the KC Pro still has a good bit of stability left in it for headwinds. These Rocs will get a month or so of a trial run, like I did with the QMS. They should be a logical mid to use and I have liked adding them back to the bag so far
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 4 throws. I've been doing a better job getting these to hold a long anhyzer BH. That should open up even more possibilities with the Roadrunner. I also need to figure out BH rollers to get even more use out of this mold.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 6 throws. I probably don't throw these enough anymore to justify having 3 in the bag. However, they all hit different lines and I'm not inclined to remove any of them for now. If one were to go, it would be the flippiest of the 3, but that one is also my favorite so I'd rather keep throwing it.
2x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 16 throws. I threw these terribly at league today, but these are typically my go to fairways. My workhorse Sexton is beating in to where I may add in another fresh one. I have been throwing these more than my OLFs for about a month or two now, so it makes sense to add in a Firebird with stability in between the two I have bagged.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 4 throws. BH max distance, situational distance FH shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 7 throws. FH max distance, never BH.

Last edited by HERB brooks; 04-27-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds):

I went down to play the Pueblo City Park course yesterday, which is much longer than the local courses. As a result, I threw an Xcaliber off the tee on half of the holes down in Pueblo (I usually never throw them more than 3 times on the local courses). I have also been trying to use the Rocs as second shots off the tee if the course is not busy, in order to get them more dialed in. So far the Roc experiment has gone way better than I anticipated. While I'm still in the honeymoon phase with them, I feel like I have more midrange lines covered than I did with the QMS or Buzzz. I have one perfectly straight 167g Roc and a pair of newer DX in the bag. The idea is to beat in a pair of heavier backups over the next month or two as the 167g gets more understable. I may throw in my 30th anniversary Roc as an overstable bookend to the three I have now. I doubt I need 4 Rocs, but this will give me an excuse to throw one as often as possible for practice. Adding in a more stable 2018 Sexton Firebird was also a good choice. I've been playing pretty solid since my first tournament of the year, especially at the Aviary. I guess the win gave me a good boost of momentum going into this summer.

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws. Polecat things.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 147 total throws (131 putts). Main putter in the circle and off the tee.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 35 throws. Pig things.
3x Roc (Dx & KC Pro)- 11 throws. Workhorse midrange.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 7 throws. US utility mold of choice
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 13 throws. Workhorse fairway/ control drivers.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 18 throws. OS Utility mold of choice.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 5 throws. BH max distance, situational distance FH shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 15 throws. FH max distance, never BH.

Old 05-05-2019, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 145 Times in 94 Posts

I love all the notes and details. I'm going to play states at pueblo and widefield. Let me know if you want to throw before. Live in Greeley. Widefield is one if my favorite courses to play. I always play clash at the creek too. Dont know if you're in the tourney game big this year, but highplains is always a blast.

Niced: (1)