Old 05-31-2009, 11:23 PM

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ball Golf Courses that turn into Disc Golf Course for half the day?

I had a friend tell me that he has heard of courses in florida that they play ball golf till a certain time then switch to disc golf. He says u rent a cart and everything. We were just talking about how sweet that would be to play a course like that and i was wondering if anyone knew of something like this and where they were at.
I live in Kansas City and we would be willing to travel if we could find one of these close enough?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

i have heard of a disc golf course on a ball golf course but not switching out. i think that the grip and rip shots would get boring after a few holes.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If a course is designed well it's not just a grip and rip. I have played several courses that are on properties of ball golf courses, and one course that was a former ball golf course. I lived in Florida for several years and never herd of a ball golf course that shut down at a particular time for disc golfers. That just wouldn't be very business savy.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 260
Niced 172 Times in 90 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff

I have never heard of the switching off like that either, but there are a few course that do both. Only one I have ever played is Emerald Isle in Oceanside, CA.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 107
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well Spring Valley DGC in Spring Texas has a few holes on a ball golf course and it does ok. They dont shut the course down they just allow both to play. The only problem is when the golfers are driving and almost hit you in the face that's no fun. But in fairness that only happens on a few holes and only if you play the "power 9" I think they call it.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 285
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDgLover View Post
Well Spring Valley DGC in Spring Texas has a few holes on a ball golf course and it does ok. They dont shut the course down they just allow both to play. The only problem is when the golfers are driving and almost hit you in the face that's no fun. But in fairness that only happens on a few holes and only if you play the "power 9" I think they call it.
Yeah there is an 18-hole disc golf course in the woods surrounding the 9-hole power-golf that overlaps the ball golf course. I've played there once. We skipped most of the power-nine holes b/c of regular golfers, but one of the best comments of my life was on power-golf hole 9. We walked up in front of some preppy, popped-collar type golfers. Hole is around 400', slightly uphill. They waved us along to drive.

The hole plays over a small pond, just for dramatic effect. I got up, pulled out an Orc, and crushed the hole for the parkjob deuce, and all I hear behind me is one guy going, "Holy $$$$!" Then my brother steps up, and outdrives me. (I was closer to the hole). It was the two best drives we had all day (by far). Awesome moment.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 27.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

from the times i've been to ball golf courses and played i've got to say that turning any one of them into a DG course (for me) would be boring. when you have fairways that are 25 yards at the narrowest every shot would just seem like a distance throw for me.

but then again i like the skinny little 10 foot fairways that some call pinball holes.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 182
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

in scarborough me. there is an old executive ball golf course that was bought and turned into a pretty cool disc golf setup. 27 holes. one 18 holer and a 9 holer. always windy but still fun.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

ya all the posts made me think a little more about it and would agree about it being just a grip n rip it kind of course. my brain was strictly focused on the idea of using a cart to play. could get a lot of holes in with one of those!