Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 322
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 18 Posts

From Franklindisc's review of a new course in Nashville, TN- Fontanel Mansion: Pro- "Only took me 10 minutes to get there."

Not only is that ridiculous and completely unhelpful and irrelevant to just about everyone else, but I personally disliked the course and could not resist adding a Pro to my review: "Takes me more than 10 minutes to get there."
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 01:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 198
Niced 14 Times in 8 Posts

From a couple different reviews at Carver Rec Center:

I mentioned that there is not much difficulty. Actually there is an element of difficulty that is not found on many courses, namely fear. Because this course is situated in such an economically challenged community there are a couple of things you will be afraid of. First, you'll be afraid of not being able to see you vehicle from all of the holes. It's hard to concentrate on putting when, "I wonder if someone is breaking into my car" is going through your mind. Additionally, some of the park users are a little shady. You'll probably assume they have mischief on their mind. This includes but is not limited to being afraid that they will steal your wallet or just simply "pop a cap" in your ass. I guess in some way this makes up for the lack of difficulty but it's quite distracting.

and

these baskets need to get pulled and placed in a location where you can enjoy a round without the fear of being shanked.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 329
Niced 299 Times in 150 Posts

this may have been posted already but it's worth reading again

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie kid
Go with a local, preferably a local packing heat. He can help you with navigating this mess. He/she can provide security. And he/she can help you find your lost discs in the deep, dark rough of the woods. And when you're driving to this park and think you're lost as you drive through industrial areas and you come to the airport. Nope, you're here. Just get out before it gets dark.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#12778
Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 178
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

personal quote..

"-parking gets hairy- soccer moms and faded rednecks, its quite amusing from a distance..."

before i edited this i hadnt put a dash between 'hairy' and 'soccer moms' which made me laugh--'hairy soccer moms'
Old 07-21-2011, 02:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 1091
Niced 68 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140

Partly because I got mentioned in a review and noticed it on my own . . . I rarely read other reviews unless I am going to play a course and want to see what other think . . . and partly because this quote about the coeds and men of the cloth and other things is just awesome!

The Valkyrie Kid's review of Bethel University

"There are no signs although I was able to follow it easily with the help of the on-line map and by asking a future man of the cloth."

"Cons: Besides the fact that it's private and we're all sneaking on and playing it. I observed a beer bottle on # 2. Either harr0140 left it or a seminary student wasn't following the rules. There were a couple of longer walkouts." harr014 don't drink beer . . . its a safe assumption with me being born and raised and back in Milwaukee, WI . . . but I am a Rum and Gin kindof guy. Beer just doesnt taste good!

"Other Thoughts: I saw some coeds of the female variety and they were smoking hot so I've decided if I were younger, this would be the school for me. A great little course to play and lovely coeds. I'd enroll, play golf by day and chase the christian cuties by night until they caught onto my scam. Then they would send my heathen behind out the back gate. Maybe tarred and feathered. Who knows? It might be worth it!" I surely wish I saw some coeds when I was there . . . I must have gotten there too early (6:45 AM)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 41
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default UCSC part dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazillion View Post
From jhern's UCSC review:

"Disc golf course is impossible to navigate without a map. Maps are impossible to obtain on site."

Talk about a challenge!

And, as The Valkyrie Kid has so kindly pointed out,

Quote:
"The map was written by either:

A: University California Santa Cruz Graduate Students writing their Doctorate Thesis on: The Earth's Relative Position To Monterey Bay Regarding The San Andreas Fault"

or

B: Drunken Japanese Frat Boys

Either way. It made absolutely no sense to us."
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 254
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Big Moe wrote about the University of Essex, Colchester:

"I like to lick my discs to give them traction, but I'm not licking anything covered in bird poop."
Old 08-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.7
Courses Played: 361
Niced 105 Times in 54 Posts

a review for Valpo's course includes:

Hole 8 is jail from start to finish and has a neigh impossible line around a zillion skinny lil' trees. Throw right, you are OK. get left and just jump in front of a bus. You'll feel better.

Hole 10 is long, long, and long. Also, the fairway is narrower than a 10 year old's ass.

Hole 13 can die in a house fire. Uphill, long, jail the entire way down, and the pin sits on a cliff in the long position. I'd rather get taken to jail and made a large man's girlfriend than to play this hole again.

Hole 14 is 4598409584095 feet downhill with woods all the way down and a HUGE right hand turn. Hang glide to the bottom. It'll be MUCH faster.

there more, check out numbernine entire review:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#33720
Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 PM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 220
Niced 184 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discNDav View Post
a review for Valpo's course includes:

Hole 8 is jail from start to finish and has a neigh impossible line around a zillion skinny lil' trees. Throw right, you are OK. get left and just jump in front of a bus. You'll feel better.

Hole 10 is long, long, and long. Also, the fairway is narrower than a 10 year old's ass.

Hole 13 can die in a house fire. Uphill, long, jail the entire way down, and the pin sits on a cliff in the long position. I'd rather get taken to jail and made a large man's girlfriend than to play this hole again.

Hole 14 is 4598409584095 feet downhill with woods all the way down and a HUGE right hand turn. Hang glide to the bottom. It'll be MUCH faster.

there more, check out numbernine entire review:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#33720

Haha, gotta love Rogers Lakewood, but it WILL chew you up and spit you out if you're not ready for it.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 76
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl scott View Post
From a couple different reviews at Carver Rec Center:

I mentioned that there is not much difficulty. Actually there is an element of difficulty that is not found on many courses, namely fear. Because this course is situated in such an economically challenged community there are a couple of things you will be afraid of. First, you'll be afraid of not being able to see you vehicle from all of the holes. It's hard to concentrate on putting when, "I wonder if someone is breaking into my car" is going through your mind. Additionally, some of the park users are a little shady. You'll probably assume they have mischief on their mind. This includes but is not limited to being afraid that they will steal your wallet or just simply "pop a cap" in your ass. I guess in some way this makes up for the lack of difficulty but it's quite distracting.

and

these baskets need to get pulled and placed in a location where you can enjoy a round without the fear of being shanked.
I've played that course a couple of dozen times now and while there are sometimes a shady character or two, I have had no incidences or problems there. I am not a "tough guy" by any means as I tend to avoid confrontation, but generally found that the people that use the park are extremely friendly.

Either way through, for a first time park user, it can be daunting but overall a funny review. Even though I disagree with the review, I did laugh the whole time reading it and it was very entertaining.