Old 06-22-2018, 01:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
It's a money disc through all it's cycles. I went away from it only to come back. I was a PD thrower for a bit. I really liked it and had good crushes with it. After a while, however, I realized that I was able to push the Eagle out as far with more control. I felt the difference between the distance was minimal so I opted to go with something a little slower.

To brag on the EX a little more and show that slower doesn't necessarily mean less distance, I had one of my longest throws (measured with Google Earth) with a seasoned Star EX--I put out it around 420. That was an anamoly for me but everything was clicking for me that day. It showed that it is capable at longer distances with a good throw. Not only is it sneaky long, but it is also extremely versatile.

I highly recommend it in all of it's plastics and various weights.
I was a PD thrower too for a bit. It's a great disc,but I didn't feel it cycled fast enough. If there was a DX option I would be using that over my Teebirds.

Exactly. I've thrown my Teebirds 400+ in the right situation. Stick with the Eagles in different wears and it will far outweigh PD's.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hey man just curious. How do use google earth to determine distance. I'm not too good with this technology stuff lol
Old 06-22-2018, 04:47 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 49 Times in 38 Posts

Unless there is another way to do it, you have to download it on your computer. Once you do, find the location where you throw your discs at, preferably a location with markers that can show up on the satellite (trees, telephone poles, etc).

Here's a couple of links that explain how to actually measure distance once you figured out your location:
https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148134?hl=en

http://laearth.ohsep.louisiana.gov/i...measuring.html

Hope that helps.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 PM

Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Teebird View Post
Hey man just curious. How do use google earth to determine distance. I'm not too good with this technology stuff lol
Or check out the uDisc app...
Old 06-23-2018, 09:55 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 49 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigga View Post
Or check out the uDisc app...
Not saying it isn't, but how accurate is the UDisc app? I know Google Earth is pretty accurate based on what I've read.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:01 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 951 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
www.freemaptools.com/measure-distance.htm

Will get you "close" like CRD said just dont need to download anything and uses google maps.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 111 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Or fire up google maps on your phone, press the geographic overlay button in map right side Centerish.. Then press on bottom pull up tab. Set a marker and move the map. It should display distance.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:46 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 9
Niced 29 Times in 15 Posts

I'm a big fan of the Heat. I bag 2 and I probably don't have the same arm speed as you. But my Z is my control placement hyzer disc and my Z-Flx is a super reliable late fader. Don't know how else to describe it, and I haven't found a comparable disc yet. It's like an extra long Comet.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:32 PM

Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Not saying it isn't, but how accurate is the UDisc app? I know Google Earth is pretty accurate based on what I've read.
Well, as far as verifying it against a distance from any other measurement, I couldn't honestly say how "accurate" it is.
It does use the phones GPS and overhead satellite image. I can hit "measure throw" and put the phone down at the end of the teepad, take all the shots I want, and then pick up the phone and walk to the disc(s). At each stop I hit the button and get the GPS distance, and can go from disc to disc getting the specific measurement from the end of the original teebox location for each.
You can have all your discs stored in the app. Make/model/flight numbers/color/and a pic of each actual disc for easy reference. A little slider lets you toggle whether its in your bag currently or not. So you end up with a record of how far you've thrown any individual disc and can do notes on if there was headwind/tailwind, etc.

The beauty of it is you're doing it right in the app where your keeping score and able to mark every throw as being a fairway hit, scramble, inside C1 or C2, every option. You ghet all the exact stats for your rounds like you see on the coverage that they keep of the pros with uDisc live.
It's pretty sweet!

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Tigga; 06-24-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Par Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
www.freemaptools.com/measure-distance.htm

Will get you "close" like CRD said just dont need to download anything and uses google maps.
Awesome. Thanks