Old 03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 93
Niced 411 Times in 223 Posts

ocala greenway is better than the clearwater courses and is the best i've played in florida.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 265
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 787 Times in 455 Posts

Grew up in Miami, lived in Ft Laud and Boynton Beach... still visit every couple of years, so I'm pretty familiar with Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Sadly SoFla doesn't really seem to have much in the way of quality courses ...Okeeheelee and Tradewinds were the best I saw (good, but not great), with Easterlin being OK.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-30-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

I was born 'n raised in West Palm Beach but I've lived in Orlando since I was 18.

Dan & Rich have a great club going on down there at Okeeheelee Park, so hopefully you've been enjoying that course as your home course.. I know I would! They run club dubs on saturday mornings if you haven't joined up with them yet. When down there visiting my folks I try to get over there and join them on Saturdays.

Further south you have Tradewinds in Coconut Creek / Pompano. Great course! I haven't played any courses further south than Tradewinds but I will be playing the Indian Hammocks Open this year in May.. Looking forward to that.

On the west coast, North Charlotte Regional is definitely worth a stop.. Great course, particularly with the redesign. The front 9 can be a little rough, but the back 9 is practically an entirely different course and you get plenty of birdie opportunities to make up for all the bogeys from the front 9.

Further up the west coast, North Watertower in Sarasota is a cool wooded course worth a stop.

In St. Pete, tocobaga @ Maximo park is a must play.. So is Taylor Park in Largo, Coachman & Cliff Stephens in Clearwater. Even Youth Park is pretty cool. Lots of great options in the bay area.

Heading from Tampa to Orlando you have Ed Medard Park.. I haven't played it yet but I've heard my fellow Orlando locals saying good things about it so it's on my wishlist.

In Orlando we have Turkey Lake & Barnett park, both of which are top notch. They both have 2 courses onsite so plenty of disc golf within' 15 minutes of each location. Both well worth the trip.

Slightly north of Orlando you have DeBary River City Nature Park. It's a 9 hole course on a gorgeous piece of land that is well suited for disc golf. We play short pads for front 9 and back pads for back 9. I am involved in the club that is forming there and we are planning our approach with the city to get a full 18 finished there ASAP. We are averaging 16 - 20 peeps for dubs every Monday and the course can get very crowded these days. Excellent for beginners as well.

Wickham Park in Melbourne is cool. Also F. Burton Smith in Cocoa off 520 is a cool course that I feel is a little underrated. I love the course and it's kept pretty nice these days. Also it has 21 holes some of which take you back into some real wilderness unlike that of the more manicured parks.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 167
Niced 19 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
ocala greenway is better than the clearwater courses and is the best i've played in florida.
john, hope you can check out magnolia on your next visit.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

turkey lake and gordon barnett
Old 03-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you ever make it up to Pensacola, we've got 126 holes in a 30 minute radius...the best 54 are at Blue Angel Park (the Pamettos, the Palms, the Pines).
I know it's nowhere near you, but to all you FL naysayers, we have some solid courses here
Old 03-31-2012, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 265
Niced 787 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by who-dat View Post
If you ever make it up to Pensacola, we've got 126 holes in a 30 minute radius...the best 54 are at Blue Angel Park (the Pamettos, the Palms, the Pines).
I know it's nowhere near you, but to all you FL naysayers, we have some solid courses here
Too bad there are so few decent courses near the most populous area.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 93
Niced 411 Times in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny ritner View Post
john, hope you can check out magnolia on your next visit.
it's on my list for sure. if we drive down i could probably hit it on the way down or back. if we fly it's a little out of my range for a day trip. my inlaws are in brooksville... sadly they didn't move there until the canyon was just a memory.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 29
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I live in the clearwater area and I have to agree with this. It's about 2 1/2 hrs away but it is by far my favorite course, Taylor Park, and Cliff are my top 3.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 42.8
Courses Played: 156
Niced 187 Times in 111 Posts

You guys need to play Edward Medard.