Old 03-15-2019, 07:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Yeah a beat-in Fuzion Trespass is an easy to s-curve bomber.

I bag an Opto Ballista for max D and and a VIP King for roller flippy shots. The Ballista is very rewarding when you get a good rip and fairly predictable if you don't. The King is more for rollers and long turnovers but super useful on long, uphill shots.

My Gyro bag is usually either a N Catalyst or Plaz Wave. They both bomb but have to be ripped clean. The N Teleport is also a bomber but I barely have any business throwing it due to speed. A N Insanity gets most of US line shaping shots though.

I like the Destiny a lot, it's very similar to the King. Also like Swords and other Trilogy drivers except the Freedom. That disc is stupidly finicky and that's coming from a flippy King thrower. I need to try Shryke. Sheriff, and Terns sometime.

IMO, the Shryke, Sheriff, King, and Ballista are the 4 best long range understable discs out there now. They're flippy, but not to the point of complete uselessness. Now, if I had to go further and only pick 1 I'm taking the Shryke. I find it the most consistent. A Shryke will USUALLY exhibit some good high speed turn without totally turning and burning. Anyone who likes discs of that speed/stability needs to try a Shryke for sure. Terns are pretty close to a Shryke, but a speed slower and maybe a touch more erratic.

The Freedom is fairly useless, I'll agree there. I can get 1 450' bomb with that disc in like 20 tries. The other 19 turn and burn.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 178 Times in 91 Posts

A beat version of your stable distance driver!

Niced: (1)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 17
Niced 134 Times in 78 Posts

For me, it's a tossup between the Discraft I-get-no-reSpectra and the Nuke SS.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 297
Niced 1,954 Times in 977 Posts

Crank... especially in lighter weights.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,187 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
[/B]

IMO, the Shryke, Sheriff, King, and Ballista are the 4 best long range understable discs out there now. They're flippy, but not to the point of complete uselessness. Now, if I had to go further and only pick 1 I'm taking the Shryke. I find it the most consistent. A Shryke will USUALLY exhibit some good high speed turn without totally turning and burning. Anyone who likes discs of that speed/stability needs to try a Shryke for sure. Terns are pretty close to a Shryke, but a speed slower and maybe a touch more erratic.

The Freedom is fairly useless, I'll agree there. I can get 1 450' bomb with that disc in like 20 tries. The other 19 turn and burn.
Have you tried the Infinite disc that's supposed to be similar to the Shryke? The Pharaoh I think?
Old 03-16-2019, 10:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Have you tried the Infinite disc that's supposed to be similar to the Shryke? The Pharaoh I think?
Nope. I haven't seen or tried one. If I run across one I'll give it a shot. Everything I've heard about the Pharaoh has been good.

It almost sounds like what a DDX is versus a Tern. Slightly more overstable.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:25 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,918 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Nope. I haven't seen or tried one. If I run across one I'll give it a shot. Everything I've heard about the Pharaoh has been good.

It almost sounds like what a DDX is versus a Tern. Slightly more overstable.
I-blend Pharaoh is very much like a Pro Shryke. Both are excellent.

Niced: (1)