Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-25-2017, 10:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 530 Times in 392 Posts

Depends on what you're looking for and your preferences.
If similar feel: MVP Ion is like a wizard - now in electron plastic

Good Glide: Lat64 Dagger - I've been going daggers lately because I like the glide with lower speed, it rewards a solid putt, its not really overstable, it wears in quickly to be just stable straight, great in all conditions actually, bead isn't too big like wizard but somewhat similar feel. Innova Whale for about the same feel/flight

Slimmer Profile: Prodigy Pa3 - all around great putter - sorta similar to the wizard - feels nice, low profile, moderate speed, moderate-low glide I think but its really straight with a lil hook-up - def less OS than a Wizz
Streamline Pilot. Slim putter that goes straight but has glide - actually a cool disc

Beadless: Warlock would keep you with the gateway fam, good flight but the rim feels sharp on the bottom to me - McPro Aviar ...classic, fairly straight and stable

I really like the dagger mainly because of the flight, its a slower flying disc but has good glide and just goes straight, holds on a stable line really well and feels easier to gauge how it will fly/fade, which is fairly minimal but predictable - I don't love the plastic - I still like prodigy 300 the most for putter, idk they're all very similar but trilogy hard is pretty solid and medium has almost tooo much give, depends on weather Hot weather - hard plastic , cooler weather, medium actually does REALLY well.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 458 Times in 296 Posts

Dagger seconded - if you like the deep dish feel, the dagger gives you an even chubbier rim with tons of glide and less LSS.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 119 Times in 63 Posts

Vibram Ridge! Very similar to a Wizard. The Summit would be more US and the V.P. would be more over stable with a very similar hand feel.

Also you can get cool swirly colors again!
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Old 10-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

Old 10-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Thx for all the replies guys!!
I went back onto the field today with my soft wizards and just tweaked my putt a bit and man i think thats all i really needed! I might still try out some of these suggestions eventually though and see how they feel.. theres always some sort of new putter coming out that might work out better for some people.

but i think that meme above me says it all!! ^^^^^^^ LOL

Practice makes perfect!

Niced: (2)
Old 10-25-2017, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,090 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
Vibram Ridge! Very similar to a Wizard. The Summit would be more US and the V.P. would be more over stable with a very similar hand feel.

Also you can get cool swirly colors again!
Feels like a Wizard, but with the glide of a shoe.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Magic
I really like deputies for putting, they are what turned me onto beaded putters. Quite US and lots of glide for point and shoot.
I prefer the Wizard, and I just flatten my release angle to get a similar shot, but more predictable in the wind.
Yea thats the main thing with the wizards, if you can hit that flat release every time they're golden!!

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Feels like a Wizard, but with the glide of a shoe.
Guess those could be good for.... laying up while inside the circle????

Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 635 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I may get blasted for this, but I respectfully disagree that you should ever beat in your putter to get it where you need it to be. It’s hard to have multiples the correct level of beat in and if you lose it or it beats in too much, you may have some lag between putters that hurts your scores a little.

My opinion is that you should like the putter basically new, so that if you have to replace it, it’s going to feel any fly as close as possible to the one you’ve just replaced.

Putting is all about repitition and consistency, and with fewer variables in the equation you can be more consistent. I also don’t throw my putting putters on drives or approaches for that reason.
Or you are like me Using the Magnet 2 Jawbreaker Modified with sharpie to work for my purposes and one hard Pro D one Pre 2006 that is stiff all 3 are 173-174 grams and a similar disc is the Hydra with its rim and shape of disc. Both discs have the odd lip on the end of rim so the discs tend to fly straight and still fly straight when broken in or with the slight dump to the left on father putts that are not to the length they should be when broken in. I use the that disc as they work even when broken in they fly the same as long as the lip on the rim is fine the disc will fly the same unless they get a chunk taken out of them like softer hard Pro D Magnet I had got earlier this year. After 10 years the softer hard Pro D hard Magnet was it was starting to get too soft for the type of plastic it was anyhow.