Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 129 Times in 91 Posts

Picked one up again yesterday, loved it! Putted very well too.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Picked one up again yesterday, loved it! Putted very well too.
Overstables are going to be more consistent in my experience. VP putts really well once you lock in the spin-ratio and understand its flight pattern. I'm aiming to the right and wanting the disc to fade right into the basket. On misses the VP isn't going anywhere, so it's always close to basket for an easy two-putt.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My vp is 155m.

I think it complements my summit really well. I can throw the vp flat and to the left (LHBH) and watch it fade right into the basket. Or I can throw it on a slight anny and it will flow straight to the basket.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Card Charlie View Post
My vp is 155m.

I think it complements my summit really well. I can throw the vp flat and to the left (LHBH) and watch it fade right into the basket. Or I can throw it on a slight anny and it will flow straight to the basket.
The Summit/VP combination is a formidable one-two punch for approaches to the basket, which is a great way to start shaving some strokes off your game.

The Summit I sent you is a little beat-in already, but it should be nice in California because it's a firm. The medium VP will hold its stability well, and it'll grip the chains. Liked both of those discs!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 37.2
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Ive got a No number VP Firm. IMO the material used in the early run molds is more durable than runs of the past few years. The no number and eArly run Vibrams I have barely show any wear when compared with Vibrams aquired through VBBs. VIbram has a solid lineup. early run Soles in medium and firm are my favorite Vibram putters because they resemble wizArds.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:55 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post
Ive got a No number VP Firm. IMO the material used in the early run molds is more durable than runs of the past few years. The no number and eArly run Vibrams I have barely show any wear when compared with Vibrams aquired through VBBs. VIbram has a solid lineup. early run Soles in medium and firm are my favorite Vibram putters because they resemble wizArds.
This is good information! I have a couple from TDs player's packs, and these are even less reliable than birdie bash discs. Having said that, I also have a couple of early run discs, and these are my go-to discs. I'll use the player's pack discs when I don't like the conditions, e.g. rainy, wet, or muddy.

My favorite putter is an early run VP, which feels like a baby's bottom in the hand. My friend says that it looks like a grapefruit, but it's a very unique solid-color. Solid-colors tend to be the earlier runs.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 13
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post
Yeah, I've got a no numbers firm VP that is three years old. The top is now concave, it's got some nicks and chips, but it is still as beefy as the day I got it.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 72
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The early runs are the best feeling rubber and they are so durable. You can just feel they are more substantial(for lack of better term). I have several VPs and Summits in the early runs. I wish they still made them in this blend.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
Yeah, I've got a no numbers firm VP that is three years old. The top is now concave, it's got some nicks and chips, but it is still as beefy as the day I got it.
I saw one today that was for sale. Didn't buy it though. Oh well, the top was very, very concave, and it was all-black. I told him it was a first-run and that it would probably be worth $50 in new condition...

Old 06-09-2015, 09:45 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

VP is the over stable putter from Vibram. Really depending on what type of Aviar it is I would say a bit more overstable than the Aviar.