Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2015, 12:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 42
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post
Yes. I only mention it because old Herb made an impression. Could've talked to him for hours if I had the time. And he was quite proud of his son's accomplishments.
No dice on him being the dad, although Fat Dragon did go to college in Arkansas, so pretty close there. He'll be getting in some Disc Golf at least stateside in a month or two which will be nice.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

^^ always good to come back home. I enjoyed my brief time in Arkansas. Fayetteville was popping on the early Saturday morning I was there.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:45 AM

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster View Post
Welcome to the site. While driving through Russell County Arkansas last month I stopped for the night at a Best Western. While eating breakfast the next morning, an older gentleman commented on my Disc golf shirt. He said he had a son in China that loves to play disc golf an trying to bring DG to China. I realize the chances are slim, but are you from Arkansas and is your Pops a graduate of Arkansas Tech college. I ask because the old man "Herb" was such a cool old man who knew the history of the area and regaled me with stories about the outlaws that roamed the area a century and a half ago.
Nope, but I'd love to get in contact with Herb's son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exgametrader View Post
Maybe contact yikun ? Might be able to sell you inexpensive basket or direct you to a "local" course?

http://www.yikunsports.com/en/
I've chatted with their reps on Taobao, not sure who in the company was on the other line, but they gave the kind of cautiously-supportive answer I get from a lot of people here: not offering to help or giving advice, but "good luck and keep us updated if anything happens" - the nice way of interpreting that is that they're supportive but can't help. Unfortunately, the more realistic way of interpreting it here in China is that they hope I do something so that they can then make some money off of my effort.

Anyway, they said there's a guy on a college campus in Yichang - about 5 hours west of me - who's talking with his school's administrators about putting in a course on campus, and a group of foreigners in Shenzhen who get together for some disc golf sometimes, though they didn't say whether those guys use temporary baskets or something less official, like the jersey on a carabiner that my buddies and I run out and hang on trees for a target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
No dice on him being the dad, although Fat Dragon did go to college in Arkansas, so pretty close there. He'll be getting in some Disc Golf at least stateside in a month or two which will be nice.
Crap. It seems I've got a stalker. I knew I should have used a better VPN.

Speaking of Yikun - anybody got good advice on their discs? I made the mistake of buying a couple factory seconds from them thinking they would be misstamped but fly fine. The stamps are fine, so I don't really know if they're flying right. The Jun flies like a Wraith or a Stalker, but a bit more stable than either of those (my experience is really limited, so I could be giving really wacky comparisons here), while the Da'E is uselessly overstable.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 42
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dragon View Post

Crap. It seems I've got a stalker. I knew I should have used a better VPN.
I only have 3000+ posts here. I've been here quite a while. Just waiting.