Old 04-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 85 Times in 20 Posts
Default Ozone Andro C

Figured we would start a separate thread for the Andro C because it will be certified as a separate mold from the Andro 1. Discs will be sent to PDGA Monday for approval and production run starts next week.

These fly similar to an Andro1+ with a bit more length and a touch less low speed stability. Testers are saying they fly like mini tee-birds. The plastic is our new Hydro M which feels similar to a slightly broken in Star plastic and really shows great color.

We took them to the course this week for testing and tried to get some footage but it's a little tough to get film in the local wooded courses. We are heading back out tomorrow to try to get some better video but here is the best we've got so far. If you watch closely you will see a solid late fade behind the trees.
https://youtu.be/oHprZj4En74
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1193_1.jpg (84.3 KB, 52 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2016, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.7
Courses Played: 4
Niced 164 Times in 106 Posts

Awesome, we know you had some struggles, glad you stuck with it. Look forward to getting my hands on a C.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Birdie Member

Here is the same video with the shot zoomed in at the end so you can see the flight of the disc better.
https://youtu.be/cAIbFN9vjQM

Niced: (1)
Old 04-23-2016, 10:55 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I like the zoom. Good looking disc.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 128 Times in 66 Posts

It's going to be longer? It's going to start moving out of 'tweener' range then right?

And also less stable? I'm kind of starting to love the 1+. It should be interesting to see what you guys come up with.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
It's going to be longer? It's going to start moving out of 'tweener' range then right?

And also less stable? I'm kind of starting to love the 1+. It should be interesting to see what you guys come up with.
Yeah it's not a huge difference maybe about 20-30ft, but it is longer. Prob leaning on the fairway driver side of "tweener" but it's still not as long as the tyrant or teebird. And the disc is still a stable disc but if you throw full power you will get a slight early turn. It's always followed with a nice S turn and late fade but I do still sometimes prefer the Andro1+ flight for certain shorter shots.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
Awesome, we know you had some struggles, glad you stuck with it. Look forward to getting my hands on a C.
Thanks! Yeah manufacturing discs is not easy. Introducing a new technology into the manufacturing process is even harder which we learned the hard way. But we are going to stick to it. Hopefully the Andro C's find their way into people's bags on the mean time. They really are fantastic utility discs and the new Hydro M plastic is exactly what we wanted.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 297 Times in 173 Posts

I'm quite surprised about how little hype there seem to be with Ozone here on DGCR, while other small brands like Reptilian and Kastaplast are getting a lot of hype. Why is that, DGCR?
Old 04-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
I'm quite surprised about how little hype there seem to be with Ozone here on DGCR, while other small brands like Reptilian and Kastaplast are getting a lot of hype. Why is that, DGCR?
I can't speak for the community but it's probably because we only had our first mold on the market for a few weeks and right when it was gaining traction we had to pull it. We hope with the the Andro C and the RDG designed Tyrant coming out of our manufacturing shop, people will gain confidence we can make high quality discs and the word will spread.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:24 AM
Birdie Member

Default Production Andro C's

Heres a few pics of production discs! Discs will be available soon.