Old 02-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

I can understand the atom bomb stamp. It was sold at regular price, and fair warning was given. Sounds like it was handled well. It seems the disc in question is the VIP disc. You don't get to see those up front, and from the response, it was basically, sorry, nothing we can do about it. The members still paid their $20 for that disc, if they aren't happy, I agree with puckstopper, reach out and make amends. For all I know, Infinite did that, but the response here doesn't reflect it, and leaves a some questions from my side as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 967 Times in 636 Posts

Bomb dtampnor not, I want one of these guys. MST have a few and I may get one.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
I can understand the atom bomb stamp. It was sold at regular price, and fair warning was given. Sounds like it was handled well. It seems the disc in question is the VIP disc. You don't get to see those up front, and from the response, it was basically, sorry, nothing we can do about it. The members still paid their $20 for that disc, if they aren't happy, I agree with puckstopper, reach out and make amends. For all I know, Infinite did that, but the response here doesn't reflect it, and leaves a some questions from my side as well.
Oh, I understand what you're saying. If you've created a special stamp and are charging a premium for it, it shouldn't be f**ked up. What I didn't like to see was someone here lecturing Infinite about their business and customer service. The condescension in that post was way over the top, btw.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-09-2017, 10:19 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
Todd, a few points:
1. It's kind of poor form to tell a disappointed customer that their issue is rare, or that you "didn't have time" to do quality control on the disc you shipped them.

2. It's equally poor form to assume that their issue was small, or dismiss it "a minor dropout in a squiggle"

I teach my employees to "Apologize, Empathize, Offer". Even if the issue isn't your fault, Apologize that the customer's expectations were not met. Show that you understand how let down they were, and offer a solution to make it right.

Your response has made me decide to wait for either of the retailers I usually do business with to restock their selection of Proxys, as opposed to giving Infinite a chance, even though you have a Plasma Proxy and an Atom I like. A response along the lines of "Hey Gdingy, I'm sorry the limited edition disc we sent you didn't meet your expectations. We did not intend to ship out any discs that didn't live up to our high standards, and I'm unhappy we failed you in this regard. Please PM me so I can notate your account and apply a credit of ($5, 10%, free shipping, whatever) to your next purchase." would have been enough to get my to try Infinite. Instead, I'll wait on my local retailer or Community to restock. I'll pay more through either one, but it's worth it for the great customer service I get from them.
This guy understands customer service. My only response from Infinite discs regarding the VIP disc was "yeah there were some stamp issues." Not even an apology or an offer to buy the disc back.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Par Member

Niced 44 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Todd, a few points:
I teach my employees to "Apologize, Empathize, Offer". Even if the issue isn't your fault, Apologize that the customer's expectations were not met. Show that you understand how let down they were, and offer a solution to make it right.
You are correct. I apologize.

As I mentioned, those who contacted me about a drop-out on the Insanity stamp, I tried to keep them happy and sent out the few replacements still left. Since we're talking a very limited, numbered run, there are limitations there.

Since anybody who got one is a member of the VIP Club, they have access to me directly for any concerns or needs, and we try to take care of them, as VIP's deserve.

Concerning misprints-- we sell misprints that are sold to us as misprints. When we pay full price, we do generally expect that the stamps are perfect, and not misprints. So yeah, we're also caught off-guard when this stuff happens. We don't stamp discs here.

I'm only trying to shed some light on the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience, and again, I apologize if I came off as unsympathetic.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:37 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,318 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Instead, I'll wait on my local retailer or Community to restock. I'll pay more through either one, but it's worth it for the great customer service I get from them.
Justin at Community is top notch. I've only had to work with him once over an issue, but I was beyond thrilled with how he handled things. While I don't buy a bunch of new plastic anymore, I always recommend Community to people. He deserves to keep growing.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts

news_170220_sbatom51.jpg

Our favorite mad scientist of skulls is back at it with his coolest MVP stamp ever - the all new Skulboy Proton Atom Limited Edition. This 3-foil masterpiece makes excellent use of the format, pulling off a vivid comic book vibe you just can't get in single-color stamping. The image itself features a large red-eyed skull being orbited by a gnarly set of eyeballs. It's delightful and creepy, just how we like our Skulboy stamps. The Proton Atom has been a smash hit and we're excited to get these out to GYROnauts and Skulboy collectors!

This is a limited run of 1,000 discs stamped. In stores March 3rd.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:19 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 967 Times in 636 Posts

How are the P Atoms flying so far? I really would like one, but curious if they are fling any differently.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:35 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts

Not sure yet here. Just placed the order for 20 LEs yesterday. Ill be really curious to drive these and see how they differ from the proxy. From what ive read/seen they seem pretty similar. Atom maybe not as lazer-ish.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 561 Times in 411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
How are the P Atoms flying so far? I really would like one, but curious if they are fling any differently.
Mine are flying nice and stable. I have 2 174g P Atoms. I pipe it and it just holds straight then has a nice lil fade at the end. I took out the envy because the P Atom is kinda covering it.

I'd rate it 4/4/0/1 We'll have to wait and see if it beats. But the Electron is for sure generating more turn, I am carrying an E-Atom and P-Atom