Old 03-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 248 Times in 162 Posts

Couple weeks ago I lost my go to utility disc (avenger ss) that I had for 4 years, then a week later I get a call about it. They guy left it at the course and I went back and got her back.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2018, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

Easy answer for me. Been seeing this girl for about 2 months now. She had no idea what disc was really. So introduced her to it. Had her watch some of the Memorial with me (girl I was with for 6 years thought it was too boring to watch). This girl thought it was pretty damn cool. So I get to her house last week and shes got the YouTube up on her TV, and asks what the name of the tournament was I wanted to watch, says she wants to watch it with me. So we watched the Nick Hyde event

Nope, thats not the best surprise. She starts asking if these tours ever come around here. So I tell her about the Vibram. Not the MVP damn it, the Vibram. It will always be the Vibram to me lol. But then... then I tell her that the Worlds are going to be in VT this year, up in the Green Mountains. Her response "no way. That would be so awesome to go see, we could make a long weekend out of it, that is if you want to go." YES I WANT TO GO. So after months of asking around to see which of my dg buddies are going and if anyone wants to camp or split a room somewhere, my girl says I should go and take her with me. So after I said YEP!, she said "is this Simon guy going to be there? I want to see how far he throws in person" so I think Im gonna marry this gal

Old 03-27-2018, 02:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 113 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
Easy answer for me. Been seeing this girl for about 2 months now. She had no idea what disc was really. So introduced her to it. Had her watch some of the Memorial with me (girl I was with for 6 years thought it was too boring to watch). This girl thought it was pretty damn cool. So I get to her house last week and shes got the YouTube up on her TV, and asks what the name of the tournament was I wanted to watch, says she wants to watch it with me. So we watched the Nick Hyde event

Nope, thats not the best surprise. She starts asking if these tours ever come around here. So I tell her about the Vibram. Not the MVP damn it, the Vibram. It will always be the Vibram to me lol. But then... then I tell her that the Worlds are going to be in VT this year, up in the Green Mountains. Her response "no way. That would be so awesome to go see, we could make a long weekend out of it, that is if you want to go." YES I WANT TO GO. So after months of asking around to see which of my dg buddies are going and if anyone wants to camp or split a room somewhere, my girl says I should go and take her with me. So after I said YEP!, she said "is this Simon guy going to be there? I want to see how far he throws in person" so I think Im gonna marry this gal
Definitely sounds like a keeper!

Old 03-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Definitely sounds like a keeper!
Im gonna make her a DGCR profile and subtly direct her to this thread so she can see me say: I wouldnt mind coming home to a new practice basket!!

Niced: (1)
Old 03-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

I lost a custom sharpied Wedge in a pond in a city 5 hours away from me. It didn't have my name or number on it. I also lost another disc in the same pond from a Circuit Challenge I did, which did have my number for when I marked it for the challenge. I went into the water for the Wedge, but it was really cold so had to bail. This was just after NYD.

Anyway, get a call about a week later for the Circuit disc. I'm like, hey, thanks for the call, I'm 300 miles away, just keep it, but you didn't happen to fish out a Wedge? No, he says, just this, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Over a Month later, I get a call from the guy. Hey, I found your Wedge. What? Seriously?! Dang bro, that's awesome. I was headed back down there the next month, but my in laws are there and they picked it up for me and gave the guy a nice reward.

Name and number are now on the disc.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1,357 Times in 591 Posts

Quote:

OR she's gonna marry Simon.

JUST KIDDING

You won the lottery dude. Have fun with it!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 91
Niced 980 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Snip
Marry her yesterday!

Seriously though, my wife is into disc golf but not that much, and she's been playing almost as long as me.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 723 Times in 506 Posts

I think it's the dopest all you guys planning with your wives and future wives. My wife and I along with our five year old girl all play together.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 1340
Niced 551 Times in 219 Posts

Right around the beginning of my disc golf career I was busking in New Orleans. I had been there for a while and was about ready for somewhere new, though I wasn't sure where. Then I met a hobo. He was friendly, we hung out for most of an evening, he mentioned wanting a ride to Houston, I was like hmmmm, sounds like a decent destination, let's go. He paid for a tank or two of gas, so it was worth it for me. But he talked my ear off. Nonstop conspiracy theories and general annoyances. Nothing real threatening, but by the time we made it to Houston I was ready to get rid of him. He was suggesting that we stock together for a couple days, I had to come up with an excuse on the spot.

Now I had joined dgcr not long before that, made an introductory post in the water cooler, some dude named midnight biker says "hey, if you're ever in Houston, let me know". So there was my out that I came up with on the spot "actually I'm meeting some friends at a disc golf course, I can drop you off somewhere along the way" he reluctantly gave in, I dropped him off at a McDonald's and headed to The Best rated course in the vicinity, with no real intention of contacting midnight biker until the next day or two.

I play a nice solo round through Jack Brooks' shorter course. And as i approach 18 basket, there's this big bearded biker dude practicing putting on the basket. I play out, we exchange pleasantries, I tell him I live on the road, playing disc golf where I feel like it. He says "hey, there's this great site you might enjoy called disc golf course review"

I say "oh yeah, I just joined the other day" then the rest of the story plays out, we hang out for a few days, play several local courses, play my first tourney ever, I took 4th in rec at a world's biggest event.

Niced: (2)

Old 03-27-2018, 08:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 723 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
Right around the beginning of my disc golf career I was busking in New Orleans. I had been there for a while and was about ready for somewhere new, though I wasn't sure where. Then I met a hobo. He was friendly, we hung out for most of an evening, he mentioned wanting a ride to Houston, I was like hmmmm, sounds like a decent destination, let's go. He paid for a tank or two of gas, so it was worth it for me. But he talked my ear off. Nonstop conspiracy theories and general annoyances. Nothing real threatening, but by the time we made it to Houston I was ready to get rid of him. He was suggesting that we stock together for a couple days, I had to come up with an excuse on the spot.

Now I had joined dgcr not long before that, made an introductory post in the water cooler, some dude named midnight biker says "hey, if you're ever in Houston, let me know". So there was my out that I came up with on the spot "actually I'm meeting some friends at a disc golf course, I can drop you off somewhere along the way" he reluctantly gave in, I dropped him off at a McDonald's and headed to The Best rated course in the vicinity, with no real intention of contacting midnight biker until the next day or two.

I play a nice solo round through Jack Brooks' shorter course. And as i approach 18 basket, there's this big bearded biker dude practicing putting on the basket. I play out, we exchange pleasantries, I tell him I live on the road, playing disc golf where I feel like it. He says "hey, there's this great site you might enjoy called disc golf course review"

I say "oh yeah, I just joined the other day" then the rest of the story plays out, we hang out for a few days, play several local courses, play my first tourney ever, I took 4th in rec at a world's biggest event.
Well, you win man. I'm still stoked about my randomly dropped basket though. I need to find a way to pay it forward. Great story man.