Old 12-12-2018, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 134 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
How do the vulture and tsunami compare? What are their roles for you?
I have a Tsunami as my Utility/Headwind/Spike disc, and a Vulture as my straight to nice fade driver.

Order of stability in my experience:
Predator
Tsunami
Vulture
Pipeline
Undertow

Never cared for the Undertakers rim, so I can't judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I am also wondering what Vultures you have that are more OS. Every vulture I have thrown (mostly esp with a couple Z) have a little bit of hss whereas I have a couple undertakers I can rip into and not worry about them flipping at all. I want the vulture to be more os and then I could easily see both in my bag, but maybe I am just throwing the wrong ones.
I think where everyone is getting confused is by the comparison to Discraft saying it is a beat in Predator. It is not in my opinion unless it's the ESP Predator you have been using for 5+ years. For me, it's -1HSS/2 to 2.5LSS. As long as you are not wishing it was something else, it performs really well for what it does. If you are searching for that slightly beat in Predator, you will need to keep looking.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 174 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
How do the vulture and tsunami compare? What are their roles for you?
SP Tsunami is my most overstable BH control driver. Can confidently rip it into a headwind. I occasionally have a PL as an additional for windy days. (Less OS, but perfect for a straight shot into a headwind, holds over nicely, where SP would still fade.) Almost never throw the Tsunami FH.

The Vultures are less OS than either of those. Gentle flexes, or straight blasts. I love them for FH shots, and can force them over for really long sweeping anhyzers. I am currently throwing my original Big Z at max weight, and a 169 Z for calm day straight shots out to 400'. I can throw the Undertaker out to 380', but the lighter Vulture doesn't require such a wrench.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 174 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
I am also wondering what Vultures you have that are more OS. Every vulture I have thrown (mostly esp with a couple Z) have a little bit of hss whereas I have a couple undertakers I can rip into and not worry about them flipping at all. I want the vulture to be more os and then I could easily see both in my bag, but maybe I am just throwing the wrong ones.
Not trying to be critical, but this sounds backwards to me. I am throwing my original Big Z Vulture in my most OS Vulture slot. I have an AT ESP Vulture that is more OS than the big Z. My Z Vulture @ 169 is more OS than all but a couple of Undertakers I have thrown, being the Ledgestone Glos and Cryztal Sparkles. In fairness, I have thrown way more Undertakers than Vultures, but my samples indicate the opposite of yours. Maybe I got flukes?

Old 12-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 90
Niced 100 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyboots View Post
Not trying to be critical, but this sounds backwards to me. I am throwing my original Big Z Vulture in my most OS Vulture slot. I have an AT ESP Vulture that is more OS than the big Z. My Z Vulture @ 169 is more OS than all but a couple of Undertakers I have thrown, being the Ledgestone Glos and Cryztal Sparkles. In fairness, I have thrown way more Undertakers than Vultures, but my samples indicate the opposite of yours. Maybe I got flukes?
My results have been simliar. The Vulture is definitely more OS than most Undertakers. I have a couple of Big Z Vultures that I generally throw and they are still very OS. I can rip into them with no signs of flipping. Conventional Discraft plastic stability seem to be completely wrong when it comes to the Vultures. I saved a post on a Discraft Facebook group on Vultures. The con on most to least stable in Vultures is: Big Z, ESP, ESP Swirl GLO, Sparkle Z, Ti, Z, and Full Foil.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 67
Niced 193 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyboots View Post
The majority of takers are less stable for sure, but there are some out there that are beefy. I haven't found those beefy vultures yet. Sorry, I should have wrote that better. I just ordered a big z so hopefully that will be the vulture I am looking for.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 561 Times in 411 Posts

Quote:
The majority of takers are less stable for sure, but there are some out there that are beefy. I haven't found those beefy vultures yet. Sorry, I should have wrote that better. I just ordered a big z so hopefully that will be the vulture I am looking for.
I've only used a Big Z and Ti and the Big Z was definitely (significantly) more OS --- like 10/5/0/2.25
Old 12-14-2018, 03:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,085 Times in 636 Posts

I Think the Ti and Big Z combo is perfect for both Vulture and Undertaker. . .But the Ti will be the more OS Undertaker and the more US Vulture
Old 12-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 90
Niced 100 Times in 52 Posts

I had a day off and some better Michigan weather so I played a round on Thursday. Because of the recent discussion I grabbed a Ti Vulture from my stash and put it into the bag before the round. I didn't even put my name or pdga number on it. I threw it forehand on the first tee for a just outside of circle 1 putt (putt for 2 spit out). At hole 2's teepad I grabbed my sharpie and put my PDGA number on it because it is staying in the bag for sure.

I threw it a few more times sidearm with great results. My forehand is a work in progress by the way, but the Vulture was making it look decent. I even parked a hole for deuce with it forehand.

I threw it backhand on one hole that is just under 300 ft with a slight elevation change uphill at the end. I threw it on a similar hyzer line the same way I would my Ti undertaker. It flew nice and straight with a predictable hyzer fade at the end. But, apparently it is longer than I would have thought because I went 60 ft long of the pin.

I think I found my replacement for my seasoned purple Z Avengers.

Niced: (2)

Old 12-27-2018, 03:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 561 Times in 411 Posts

When s the VULTURE released? And what plastic (all options) does it come in? I saw a Glow Z Vulture and not sure how rare that is