Old 01-28-2019, 02:56 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 677 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill View Post
I try to pick a putter and stick with it...my putter is the least changed out mold in my bag...

consistent "class" discs like firebirds stay in because they are very predictable (for me, YMMV)

I also try to work any disc before getting into a "specialty" class disc...a disc that only gets used for very particular scenarios and otherwise is unused...

many molds can be thrown multiple ways covering multiple slots...

fyi - I am a mold minimalist

I have that with most molds having at least 2 uses except my putting putters 3 in same mold including the separate uphill/downhill putter mold though in a pinch I can use the uphill downhill putter as my approach disc if I really need to if I lost the Star or Pro Shark in my bag, the discs with the most uses in my bag.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2019, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 558 Times in 409 Posts

I'm the same way, I make a switch every round or 2 or 3 --- but its usually just like, 3-5 discs I swap out and that all depends on the weather/conditions/the course.

I would say if you want to avoid this, just put together the best set that you like that you feel comfortable at any course (long or short) and try to stick with that for at least 3-4 rounds. See how it goes. For sure consistency and confidence will improve because of this, BUT a big part of the fun for me is to mix things up. I have been playing long enough where If I make a switch or two its for a similar disc anyway so its not a HUGE difference to me. I just have preferences for Long courses, Short courses, Heavily wooded courses, Windy conditions, Calm conditions, Super Hot, Super Cold.

my core bag of like 15 discs almost always stays the same but yeah like 7 discs could be alternated if I felt like it. And Im OCD and a plastic addict so its a bad combo if I'm going for consistency haha.