Old 06-03-2019, 12:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,617 Times in 717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Thanks Biscoe!

Looking at upcoming tournaments, any thoughts on that NG tournament thing @ Lake Marshall? I can't tell how legit the whole NG thing is at all. I would sign up for the Lair Championship but I'm busy that weekend.
While I strongly disagree with giving away cars to "amateurs" the Virginia NG stuff is being run by Ed Merry who is a good dude.

Bring your partner to the Doubles on the Lake on the 25th of this month.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 246 Times in 163 Posts

New to the bag, I'm not sure when I'm gonna throw it, but the Factory store champion circle stamp Gazelles are money. Perfect amount of stability, sneaky long.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 40 Times in 25 Posts

I love the new sig

Niced: (1)
Old 06-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Eagle Member

Threw Franklin mixed layout Friday, Turkey Hill mixed layout today. Shot low 60's both times. Today was a low key trash fire round held together with some shockingly solid putting. I think I've finally found a putting stroke I like and feel confident with.
Things I've been throwing
D1 - Been throwing these for the majority of my backhand distance shots. Got a proto D1 and a beat in 400 workhorse, little bit of turn, solid fade and very trustworthy even in wind. Got a flat early 400 which is mondo overstable, don't throw this much. Then I got a 400G, newer run big D1 stamp. It's interesting because the top wing on all my 400s is kind of concave, but the newer 400G is straight/convex. It's got quite a bit of turn but goes crazy far

Wraith - still love flippy star wraiths for turnovers and sidearms. Got my old metal flake one back from Franklin and it's a great headwind driver that just glides.

Starfire - I keep trying thunderbirds and keep coming back to the starfire well. Great speed 10 straight to fade driver

Firebird - got a sick new 2019 sexybird in the bag. It's overstable

Trident - For flicks, more workable than the firebird

F1 - 1 750 OS f1.

3x F2 one straight, one with a lil wiggle one hyzerflip. I took the uberflippy one out and actually missed it on a hole today. It's hilarious what you can do with dumb level flippy discs.

Gazelle - for shorter flicks or backhand shots a bit longer than a mid

M2 - go to straight to fade mid

Comet - beeg beeg turnovers and shanks into trees

breaker - OS putter things

2x PA4 - fresh 400 and beat 300 - almost all upshots and straight putter shots

Stego - forehand rollers that go the wrong way and dumb things.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 186 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Blockhouse will tear anyone apart who is having a slightly off day. When I played it the week before I didn't play 3 from the long, still got I think a 5 from the shorter pad. 2 from the long I feel is just as tough. Watching lead card mpo shred both holes was unreal.
It was amusing to see P McB pull a triple bogey 6 on Hole 8 on the darkside. Not a rough hole but man the rough is rough on any hole.

I agree that 5 on sunny is harder than 3. But then 5 long is a lefty hole.

Congrats on the MDX win.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
It was amusing to see P McB pull a triple bogey 6 on Hole 8 on the darkside. Not a rough hole but man the rough is rough on any hole.

I agree that 5 on sunny is harder than 3. But then 5 long is a lefty hole.

Congrats on the MDX win.
That was just as mind boggling to see. Especially because if you watched Jomez coverage of masters cup, which was the weekend before, he took a triple 6 on a hole there and it was his 7th triple in his last 2500 udisc holes or something insane, and then he goes and takes another one at blockhouse the next weekend.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 AM
Eagle Member

Ratings bumped me up +6 to 927. The adjustment on my 3rd round at MDX pushed it to a 990 rated round which is the best round I've ever thrown by 19 points.

Disc related -
The gazelle is probably gonna stay in my bag but I'm unsure to capacity for it. I was hoping it would take over M1 shots but it wont. Probably will take out one of the F1s or F2s

750 PA4 does have just that little bit of stability. I've got a feeling this new one is gonna be absolutely money.

The new Seppo PA1s look amazing, but I'm not sure they'll replace breakers for me. My friend has some of the sky god P2s and we always joke that every single throw he does with them is bad, and we're usually right. I find the PA1 feel similar in the hand, which is to say I like neither the P2 nor PA1 as they feel too deep.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:02 PM
Eagle Member

27 at Seneca from the whites - 96. Pretty good round, I forgot that the white tees were the long tees for most holes. It's a hard course and I had a couple blow up holes but I always enjoy playing it. Mosquitoes were HORRIBLE in the woods.
18 at Rockland from shorts - 67 Awful Awful round. Only redeeming things were that I got my old favorite * wraith from the pond on 18 and I 2'd hole 13, which is the only must get that I indeed got. They also mowed the majority of fairways finally, the rough is brutal though. Lost a Trident somewhere on the right on hole 9.

Things I've changed up in the bag recently. Out went the blue/green 400g PA4, in goes the new 750 PA4, it's just a little bit more HSS and the plastic is great.
Tinkering with the Seppo PA1 over the breakers. It's definitely just as stable, however I doubt this is a permanent switch. I like the bead on the Breaker more for flicks and I enjoy the shallowness of the Breaker.
My friend has an old 400G F7 that's been passed around our friend group for years, but only thrown like 4 times. So I swapped out my flippiest F2 for it. It's still not quite flippy enough for easy rollers though.
Been rocking a 4 wraith set up since I got my MF wraith back. 1 MF, 1 Glow, and 2 flippier * wraiths. It's a nice balanced driver set up. Doesn't go quite as long as some of the D1's sheerly from the wider rim of the D1.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 65
Niced 571 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
27 at Seneca from the whites - 96. Pretty good round, I forgot that the white tees were the long tees for most holes. It's a hard course and I had a couple blow up holes but I always enjoy playing it. Mosquitoes were HORRIBLE in the woods.
18 at Rockland from shorts - 67 Awful Awful round. Only redeeming things were that I got my old favorite * wraith from the pond on 18 and I 2'd hole 13, which is the only must get that I indeed got. They also mowed the majority of fairways finally, the rough is brutal though. Lost a Trident somewhere on the right on hole 9.

Things I've changed up in the bag recently. Out went the blue/green 400g PA4, in goes the new 750 PA4, it's just a little bit more HSS and the plastic is great.
Tinkering with the Seppo PA1 over the breakers. It's definitely just as stable, however I doubt this is a permanent switch. I like the bead on the Breaker more for flicks and I enjoy the shallowness of the Breaker.
My friend has an old 400G F7 that's been passed around our friend group for years, but only thrown like 4 times. So I swapped out my flippiest F2 for it. It's still not quite flippy enough for easy rollers though.
Been rocking a 4 wraith set up since I got my MF wraith back. 1 MF, 1 Glow, and 2 flippier * wraiths. It's a nice balanced driver set up. Doesn't go quite as long as some of the D1's sheerly from the wider rim of the D1.
I’ll keep an eye out for the trident. There’s not much left on the right side of 9 these days. I’ll hopefully be getting 18 in tomorrow.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,617 Times in 717 Posts

You boys need to bring your best pal to the Doubles on the Lake on Sunday.