Old 06-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,011 Times in 1,503 Posts

LOL... just went to DGC. As of this writing, the fifth-best seller is the Renegade.

Somebody likes 'em....
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2019, 04:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 32 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Is there a most OS plastic? I need to buy some of those along with some Evidences.
I'd suggest Soft.

They have less glide. But I've always been quite happy with a 175/6 Lucid.

I carry a Blend because they don't skip as much (at all). So which one I use will depend on what result I'm seeking.

The Lucid will fly farther than the Blend for me.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 658 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
LOL... just went to DGC. As of this writing, the fifth-best seller is the Renegade.

Somebody likes 'em....
A mere blip of a few desperate buyers snapping them all up. The Renegade will be an afterthought in a month.

A good speed 11 driver is a thing of beauty. I bet DD knows they botched the Renegade and are eager to go back to the drawing board to make something much better.

Even if Innova announced they were discontinuing the Groove you'd get those few random nutjobs out there who'd lament the loss of that mold. They'd go buy all the Grooves online retailers have in stock and there would be a short lived Groove craze. I guess my point is, it doesn't matter what mold(s) get cut. There are people somewhere who are crazy about them.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,011 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
A mere blip of a few desperate buyers snapping them all up. The Renegade will be an afterthought in a month.

A good speed 11 driver is a thing of beauty. I bet DD knows they botched the Renegade and are eager to go back to the drawing board to make something much better.

Even if Innova announced they were discontinuing the Groove you'd get those few random nutjobs out there who'd lament the loss of that mold. They'd go buy all the Grooves online retailers have in stock and there would be a short lived Groove craze. I guess my point is, it doesn't matter what mold(s) get cut. There are people somewhere who are crazy about them.
And here I was, thinking that you were buying them all up. Just kidding.

I dunno about the Groove thing (see what I did there?). I'd love to see your thesis tested in reality by Innova taking the Groove OOP with a huge announcement. I don't think there would be that kind of run on the Groove.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 377 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
As for the Suspect, it's not the first DGR/DGCR-hero disc that didn't sell. We are but a small slice of the disc golf World. If we were really indicative of what sold, X Predators would still be a thing and Grooves would be OOP.
If we were indicative of DG'ers as a whole, Wasps/Comets would be the core of almost every bag, and Wasps would be available in every plastic type.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 677 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
If we were indicative of DG'ers as a whole, Wasps/Comets would be the core of almost every bag, and Wasps would be available in every plastic type.
Well maybe not the Soft X used exclusively for putters by Discraft. Wasps should be in almost all plastic types except Soft X as Discraft uses that for putters only and is odd for some discs.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
The brand loyalty thing I used to notice in tournament players, casuals will throw whatever. There is a lot more whatever around anymore, so it makes sense that they would have more non-Innova.

So far as the tournament players, I'm stuck in a niche market. We are a small, isolated town with a new scene and a couple of years ago a guy named Kyle Giovannini was stationed at the nearby military base. Nice guy, good player. He had(has?) a Dynamic sponsorship. He was immediately the Alpha Male when he got here and the 25 or so people involved with our local club en masse converted to Dynamic with a lot of them switching their entire bags to Dynamic Discs. The people I play with most of the time pull Dynamic carts carrying Dynamic backpacks full of Dynamic Discs. If you took my local scene as a snapshot of disc golf, the idea that Dynamic was suffering in any sort of way would be shocking.
I'm in almost the same boat, but different body of water. We had this guy who was huge into Trilogy and threw farther than almost anyone else, so most people switched up a lot of their bags to try to get extra distance. We have a couple of Trilogy only guys, 2 DC only guys (I'm one of them, not bc of Paul, but because of the Wasp/Comet and wanting to see what Paul was throwing [though this was more out of curiosity than out of him switching, as I had thrown Zones and Buzzzes before and had wanted to try an Umdertaker and Force, and it went from there]), 1 Innova only (he throws a couple DM molds and the Mortar as well), and the rest are a mix, but most are either Innova or Trilogy based, with the others mixed in. Further south of us there are a lot of Innova only players, while north of us there are a lot of Trilogy only peeps, west of us is unknown to me, and going east results in a much larger scene which I'm not very familiar with (I will be more so after the Brewster Ridge Open next month).
Old 06-18-2019, 07:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Well maybe not the Soft X used exclusively for putters by Discraft. Wasps should be in almost all plastic types except Soft X as Discraft uses that for putters only and is odd for some discs.
I'd love Soft X Wasps. Honestly would be amazing in the woods, and Soft X holds it's stability for a while, after the break in period, thus a nice US mid could be a thing for those afraid of the Comet's "weird" wing, but that like a bead.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

Well Yes I get that I was one of the Impact people who lamented at the loss of that mold. Discraft had not been running that mold for a long time. Discraft was supposed to take the Stalker off the market last year according to Discraft news but either the Company has not due do the number of people buying a stash of the Z Stalker for a TL/TL 3 flight disc, that or Discraft is still going though the huge inventory of the mold.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I'd love Soft X Wasps. Honestly would be amazing in the woods, and Soft X holds it's stability for a while, after the break in period, thus a nice US mid could be a thing for those afraid of the Comet's "weird" wing, but that like a bead.
X plastic is just fine for a Comet if one does not like the wing. Soft X the Comet as disc would be then an approach/really long putting putter rather then a midrange with the amount of speed one could put on the disc before the Comet has the Soft X plastic would warp in flight. The Wasp in X is a thing of beauty but the Soft X could be just as good for the Wasp even better.

I was just referring to how Discraft is dead set on using Soft X for X in the case of the putters for Discraft. I say why not both for most putters that use Soft X and why not for midrange use the Soft X? Also ESP FLX would be amazing for both disc molds unless the ESP FLX is the true floppy discs from that plastic, some of the ESP FLX was as floppy as a special Steady Ed plastic for his putters like the Gumputt.