Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,970 Times in 2,110 Posts

Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-17-2018, 04:44 PM
Par Member

Niced 43 Times in 32 Posts

My local pias got a batch of space race stamped discs and i picked up a nice bright yellow/green soft particle. Got 9 holes worth of practice with it. Plan was for it to be a short approach disc under 200’ but I ended up parking a pair of 250’ holes I don’t always hit. Pretty impressed so far
Old 05-17-2018, 04:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 561 Times in 411 Posts

I like the particle - my problem - its not different enough from my proton atoms - and I love those atoms - I may not need my particles still was hoping it was more OS. especially more High speed stable.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I like the particle - my problem - its not different enough from my proton atoms - and I love those atoms - I may not need my particles still was hoping it was more OS. especially more High speed stable.
Have you tried a soft neutron? They are a bit more stable like the soft envies
Old 05-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 100 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post

I feel that the PLH is more critical here. There is some variance in those that have been released. The ones that have had the highest PLH have been the Circuit Neutrons that were first released. Even the latest runs can have varying PLH. I think that is why there has been such disparity in the reports of those that say they fly US to those that say they are slightly more OS than an Envy. While I am sure there is some operator error involved, I have both Circuit and stock releases (everything except for the LE Joy stamp) and I have soft that are OS and Neutrons that are OS. I also have various ones that have a bit more HSS and similar LSS as a beat Envy. My most OS has the highest PLH of all I have plus it came with a slight puddle top.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 122
Niced 527 Times in 326 Posts

FWIW I'm currently bagging a soft N production run and a yellow circuit stamped Particle, both fly a bit more OS than my fresh Envys. Just a little more bite to the fade. I plan to order some softs soon if I can't find any locally...if I can I'd like to sift through some and compare PLH's.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

There are so many good putters from mvp/axiom in multiple great feeling plastics it's so hard to settle on just two molds for throwers. If I could pair down my drivers a little maybe I could squeeze 10 putters in my bag. I already bag 5 at a time 2 for putting 3 for throwing. They are space hogs for sure.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
There are so many good putters from mvp/axiom in multiple great feeling plastics it's so hard to settle on just two molds for throwers. If I could pair down my drivers a little maybe I could squeeze 10 putters in my bag. I already bag 5 at a time 2 for putting 3 for throwing. They are space hogs for sure.
Ain't that the truth. I bagged six today. Two Ions for putts, two Proxies and two Particles. Guess I could drop the second Proxy and leave the back-up putter in the car....
Old 05-21-2018, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Used my Particles quite a bit during this round. Had some decent shots on #7 and #12 with em.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 56 Times in 38 Posts

I hit a 200' putt from the teepad today with my N Particle. It was hole 7 at Coldbrook Park in Kzoo. It's a technical and heavily wooded hole that has a constant bend to the right. I threw my Particle like \ more or less and it held pefectly before pulling up and into the chains at the end.

I've been trying to decide between my N Atoms, my soft N Particle, and my N Particle as my main putter driver. At first mt N Particle was in 3rd place. I liked the Atoms because that is my putting mold and they are stable enough to take power and fade reliably. The soft N Particle stuck out because it straight up bombs. I can rip it full power and slightly turned over and get a huge S flight. It can also fly on low line drives. Over time though, even before today's ace, the smooth, predictable, and versatile flights of the N Particle have been winning out. The Particle is very underrated and imo MVP's best all-around driving putter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190701_153027.jpg (141.1 KB, 13 views)