Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,365 Times in 1,456 Posts

I've been throwing a lot of Mid/putter rounds recently:

Z Wasp
Z Buzzz
SS Wizard x2

It helps my local course only has a few driver shots...but I've been starting to push my mids a little further out than they used to go. Getting back to throwing Wizards like I used to as well.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-21-2019, 05:05 PM

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 14
Niced 28 Times in 14 Posts

I actually parked my Fusion Warden on a 200 footer today, for me that's big news.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Wow, this thread is amazing.. 142 pages and counting.

I'm in. My distance wasn't much to begin with (~330), but it's started to even regress lately to ~300. By eliminating high speed drivers, my hope is to focus more on technique and precision. Also want to commit to more field work. It's not as fun as playing a round, but playing a round is not as fun if you're not as good.

Going forward, my bag:
2 Wizards
2 Rocs
2 Explorers
Old 07-03-2019, 12:04 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
Wow, this thread is amazing.. 142 pages and counting.

I'm in. My distance wasn't much to begin with (~330), but it's started to even regress lately to ~300. By eliminating high speed drivers, my hope is to focus more on technique and precision. Also want to commit to more field work. It's not as fun as playing a round, but playing a round is not as fun if you're not as good.

Going forward, my bag:
2 Wizards
2 Rocs
2 Explorers
That should be a great setup. It might not be as fun initially but trust me, I go many rounds where I will forego flicking drivers or bombing max D drivers so that I can hone my finesse game and once you get that rhythm those flippy mids, drivers, and putters get super fun. It's a different kind of fun but perfectly gapping a wooded fairway with a hyzer flipped Fuse is one of the most satisfying things ever. And you'll save some energy floating stuff down range instead of ripping low-line drives all the time in a work smarter, not harder kind of way.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,430 Times in 665 Posts

One of the local pitch and putts has 9 baskets with 18 tee pads ranging in distance from 150 to 400ft. I love to take 4 different putter molds and just play a round keeping score of each. A few of the guys I know think this sounds boring because they can't rip on discs, but I think it's a blast! I've also learned a lot about what you can really do with putters, and my forehand game has improved dramatically too.

Recently I played a round with a; Nova, DX Aviar P&A, DX Birdie and a Yeti Aviar. I shot a -12 with the Yeti! A couple of years ago I could't have shot that well with my normal bag. The Birdie only got a -4 (lots of low ceiling shots didn't help the Birdie).

There is one slightly down hill 300ft hole that I used to throw a leopard on, I birdied it twice that day with a Yeti and an Aviar P&A!

Anyway, discing down is fun, especially if your in a humdrum same old same old disc golf mind set. Great way to shake things up and make you think differently.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-03-2019, 08:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,365 Times in 1,456 Posts

I've been taking on my local course with mostly a Wizard, Buzzz and Buzzz OS and it's been a fun experience. I really only use drivers on 2-3 holes out there but I've been able to reach one of those holes by pushing the Buzzz further.

I've come to realize I really don't enjoy drivers lol.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,430 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I've been taking on my local course with mostly a Wizard, Buzzz and Buzzz OS and it's been a fun experience. I really only use drivers on 2-3 holes out there but I've been able to reach one of those holes by pushing the Buzzz further.

I've come to realize I really don't enjoy drivers lol.
Yeah, it is pretty fun!

As for drivers; me too!
Down to;
Star Eagle-X
G* Teebird
Thrashed DX Teebird

Besides that and my putters, it's a few Rocs.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 59 Times in 45 Posts

I've had some holes in my schedule this week, and North Shore Channel; our other "Chicago" disc golf course, where wind is the biggest challenge is near my route.
It's 9 holes, but they have been landscaping it some, which will make for some more throwing decisions; and more importantly, shade from the sun in the next few years.
Been taking my Star Gazelle, Champ Super Stingray and Star Aviar3.
Been fun to do with just three, and my more understable discs as mid and fairway.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

I played Sunday doubles round on the weekend.. Took a Comet, Relay and 3 Envy's. Plasma 165, soft E 165 and Neutron 172? Halloween... did a lot of damage with those three, hardly touched the Comet. If it wasn't for putter rounds on my short course with the dog every second night I never would have revisited the soft electron envy. Now it's a driving fiend for a straight 230' tunnel shot.

It's pretty much become routine for me to disc down all winter.. Once the footing is crappy and I'm playing less it helps me stay in the groove better. It's amazing the holes you think are too far to use X disc on and then you rip a Comet at it and park it and think damn I should have figured that out sooner.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:42 AM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 62
Niced 100 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
One of the local pitch and putts has 9 baskets with 18 tee pads ranging in distance from 150 to 400ft. I love to take 4 different putter molds and just play a round keeping score of each. A few of the guys I know think this sounds boring because they can't rip on discs, but I think it's a blast!
Huh? Putter only rounds mean you get to rip it MORE!

Niced: (1)