Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 522 Times in 323 Posts

I got a few throws in with a heavy neutron Vertex. Can't speak with too much authority yet because the course was iced over.

From what I could tell, lots of glide and lots of turn. I felt like it showed some pretty serious hang time if I didn't crank it over. Turns over with less effort than the Theory. Fun playing around with different hyzer angles to delay the flip.

I'll have to spend more time with it to decide if I want to bag it. I'm running with a beat Axis for my flippy mid and this is noticeably more understable, so it wouldn't overlap.

I'll post a video this weekend that shows it in flight on a couple short, snowy holes, along with some more Particle throws.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-05-2018, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts

When I got mine in, I was a bit disappointed after comparing it to my Theory. Looked to be just MVP's version. I now have three rounds with it and used in in place of my most US Theory. I now think it's sufficiently different to take my Theory's place. Seems a little faster with a touch more glide. Anyone done a direct comparison on the depth of the two? I keep meaning to do that.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I got a few throws in with a heavy neutron Vertex. Can't speak with too much authority yet because the course was iced over.

I'll post a video this weekend that shows it in flight on a couple short, snowy holes, along with some more Particle throws.
Did the course melt this weekend? I'm kind of waiting to see a Vertex vid from you.. If I trip over one I'm buying it but until then I'm living vicariously through others.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Hmmm not much action here haha... it's not a breakaway hit..

I played a one disc round with 179 N Vertex and a 179 plasma Axis... one disc, side by each anyways. Just wanted to toss the Vertex a little love held some great lines lots of exciting ace runs.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:13 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 51 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hmmm not much action here haha... it's not a breakaway hit..

I played a one disc round with 179 N Vertex and a 179 plasma Axis... one disc, side by each anyways. Just wanted to toss the Vertex a little love held some great lines lots of exciting ace runs.
I actually almost took mine out for a round today. I hit my only eagle on a par 4 with the Vertex on a standstill BH hyzer flip that wove through some trees and into the chains. I find for low power shots it's really workable and maybe its my elevation but not crazy US if you release it cleanly.

I'd also love to see a mike c vid on the vertex

Niced: (1)
Old 06-16-2019, 02:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 122
Niced 522 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
I actually almost took mine out for a round today. I hit my only eagle on a par 4 with the Vertex on a standstill BH hyzer flip that wove through some trees and into the chains. I find for low power shots it's really workable and maybe its my elevation but not crazy US if you release it cleanly.

I'd also love to see a mike c vid on the vertex
I had one at one point but lost it on the 3rd or 4th hole of a test video and never saw it again
Old 06-16-2019, 11:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 54 Times in 37 Posts

I just picked one up and it's been fun so far. This is one of the more out there molds that I've seen from MVP and the flight is unique. I need to throw it some more to have useful commentary, but my home courses are full of holes that should be applicable.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I just picked one up and it's been fun so far. This is one of the more out there molds that I've seen from MVP and the flight is unique. I need to throw it some more to have useful commentary, but my home courses are full of holes that should be applicable.
How heavy is yours? Good to see ya, can't wait to hear back.

I have a theory about the ideal weight being 176-177g on them. Really digging my 179, my 174 Skulboy is kinda flippy but holds an anny well.. I got a 176 Skulboy that I really want to throw.. Since it likely won't become a collectors item odds are good, but I want to see how far this 179 breaks in. Its a very mellow flyer thrown flat and straight, gets a little bit of turn, little fade. Kind of reminds me of my champion Coyote when I'd throw it right on the flat. Or the Tursas with a lower power requirement.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 75 Times in 48 Posts

I have bagged one 177 or so skulboy vertex for a while, and I see it's value in low powered straight shots but haven't really gotten a feel for good turnovers yet. Tends to turn too much often, but it is likely just me. I don't throw lot's of mids so it always feel bit akward to get the power and grip etc correct. But Vertex inspired me to by new Tangent after five year break, so let's see when I compare them.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:31 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 134
Niced 2,074 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Geez, who is this guy?

Are you throwing anything that isn't MVP at this point?