Old 12-29-2018, 07:14 PM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

My origio burst is already flippy off the tee after 4 rounds. Westside if u are reading that VIP would be nice
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 47 Posts

So... I got to try the Maiden for the first time today. I love low profile faster putters for approach shots and this fits the bill perfectly. My current "go to" upshot disc is the proxy as it can be thrown flat and dead straight with no fade or hold hyzers or annys - a truly neutral disc that holds any line (yeah overused term but true in this case). When I need a touch of fade I throw throw the Envy. I find that the Maiden has a very similar feel (rim depth), distance, and glide to the Proxy and Envy but splits the difference in stability. Out of these similar discs I'd say Proxy is 3,4,0,0 the Maiden is 3,4,0,1 and Envy is 3,4,0,2. I'm still trying to figure out if it will make the bag but it's gonna be hard to beat out the Proxy. I'm looking forward to the BT Soft version which may win out for "hit and stick" upshots. So many good discs so little bag space - we shall see...

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,999 Times in 1,496 Posts

Question for those familiar with both: how much is the Maiden like the Marshal in the rim and grip?
Old 02-03-2019, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,228 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Question for those familiar with both: how much is the Maiden like the Marshal in the rim and grip?
They're not much alike at all in those respects. The Maiden is shallower and the rim is thinner. the Marshal nose is broader and more rounded and feels more substantial.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 93 Times in 67 Posts

The Maiden is one of the most shallow putters I've used. J used the Wedge but that's trash.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:00 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 672 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
The Maiden is one of the most shallow putters I've used. J used the Wedge but that's trash.
Yeah I have yet to see a player use a Wedge even the Star model as a putter or a forehand approach disc. The only way the Wedge could be used is as a forehand approach disc or a forehand driving disc as the Wedge is so US that it can't be used as a regular putting putter unless they are a more severe hyzer putter. Also does not help that the disc is only in DX and Star, two plastics that the DX is not that durable so disc gets super flippy quick and the Star is not that great for putting due to the elasticity bounce and thus limits the disc to being only a forehand approach and driving putter.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 PM

Niced 19 Times in 10 Posts

So I bought a couple moonshine BT hard maidens from Infinite last Christmas. I didn't end up liking the putting grip (too shallow) or putting flight (too understable) except for outside the circle jump putts. I also didn't love the backhand grip so I didn't really toss them around much. Anyway, on a whim I picked them up today while throwing with my five-year old son and tossed them sidearm. I love the grip and flight forehand! Really neutral without putting much power into it. Slight hyzer and they turn all the way to the ground with great glide. Lots of hyzer without much power and the flight is really straight with a glidey finish.

So my question is this: does anyone know how the stock origio and BT runs compare to the BT moonshine? If I can find a stock run of these I might add it to the bag for touch sidearms.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 26
Niced 665 Times in 320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
So I bought a couple moonshine BT hard maidens from Infinite last Christmas. I didn't end up liking the putting grip (too shallow) or putting flight (too understable) except for outside the circle jump putts. I also didn't love the backhand grip so I didn't really toss them around much. Anyway, on a whim I picked them up today while throwing with my five-year old son and tossed them sidearm. I love the grip and flight forehand! Really neutral without putting much power into it. Slight hyzer and they turn all the way to the ground with great glide. Lots of hyzer without much power and the flight is really straight with a glidey finish.

So my question is this: does anyone know how the stock origio and BT runs compare to the BT moonshine? If I can find a stock run of these I might add it to the bag for touch sidearms.
I have several winter putting league eclipse maidens if you’re looking.