Old 09-11-2018, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 660 Times in 437 Posts

I always figured the best way to build a bag was to throw different discs on different courses. Learn what you can do with discs you have, then find out what's missing. The Teebird or Leopard (may both) belongs in your bag if you throw Innova. If you wanted to start with just one, get a Star or Champion Leopard. If you want more turnover potential, get a DX Leopard. If you want some more beef, move up to a Star Teebird. Without knowing more about your distance or type of throws or type of courses, it's hard to give much more advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs419 View Post
Wanting to try the leopard3 and a tl3 any feed back on those I use to throw an archangel which I liked, also cheetahs and banshees which I didnt care for. I'm pretty sure I have thrown tee birds as well but been to long to remember if I liked them or not.
Consider trying FDs if you liked the glide of the Archangel.

If you weren't a fan of the cheetahs or banshees, considering trying FDs, Leopards, TLs and teebirds, plus the "3" versions. I would consider any of these to be superior to the low-glide, wonky winged, dated speed 6 Innova molds.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:33 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for everyone's 2 cents , much appreciated. One thing that sucks for me is I feel like there are so many other options outside of the innova world but wouldn't know where to begin because I have been throwing innova for so long and I just cant come to terms with buying a disc online because I think the way the disc feels in your hand plays a big role, anyone else feel that way or am I just a weirdo.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,017 Times in 1,507 Posts

You're probably going to find that the Leopard3, TL, FD, and TL3 are so similar that they'd be redundant. My suggestion for someone with your armspeed would be a Teebird.

Try a DX Teebird. If it's what you like fresh out of the box, try a Teebird in premium plastic, such as Star. If it's overstable but seasons into something you like, then try a Star TL3 or Champion TL. Then see about pairing with a Leo3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs419 View Post
Wanting to try the leopard3 and a tl3 any feed back on those I use to throw an archangel which I liked, also cheetahs and banshees which I didnt care for. I'm pretty sure I have thrown tee birds as well but been to long to remember if I liked them or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
In my limited experience with a champ Leo3 and Star TL, there isn’t a whole lot of difference. I don’t throw further than 320 on average though. Leo3 is pretty stable but wiggles a little. Tl pretty straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
TL is pretty amazing, Champ versions are resistant to wind and still fly dead straight. My TL is kicking my leopard3 out of my bag soon, but they do start off with similar flight. for US fairway, grab a DX Teebird or Eagle and throw it for every shot until it turns.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,517 Times in 1,600 Posts

You won't go wrong with a TL or a Discmania FD if you have access to their discs...Innova molds them so they are the same plastics. S = star and C = champ.

Basically the Leo/Leo3 start off more stable than numbers indicate, typically, and will wear in to fly that somewhat understable line. The TL is a bit more firm in flight. Initially those two discs would overlap a lot depending on power and the specific disc, but over a lot of wear the Leos should hold a turn way later and the TL is much more neutral. Although the Leo is "slower" I feel they get basically the same distance as any other speed 7ish fairway that is neutral.

Some premium Teebirds can be pretty overstable, and cost some distance compared to say a TL. The Gstar Teebird is usually a good option if you are worried about one being too overstable, if you like Gstar plastic.

If you're getting close to 400', you likely throw fairways/speed 9's in that 350ish range. Something like a CD2, again if you have access to Discmania, can cover a lot of lines as it has a little turn and a moderate fade.

Niced: (1)