Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 40 Times in 23 Posts

From Facebook. I believe this is from Booter

So i guess y'all wanna know about the bobcat right? I took plenty of pics but if yall want to see something specifically,lmk. Ive had it 2? Weeks or so and have thrown 5 rounds with it along with several practice sessions. I am recovering from some tennis elbow so a lot of my shots were not 100%

When Team MINT received this small sample, we were given a choice of apex or eternal and I gravitated towards the apex since it felt better in my hand. The latest apex blend is amazingly tacky and pliable but not overly gummy so it is currently my favorite atm. It also was flatter than the eternal bobcats I felt and tested and i prefer that in my miss.

The apex's are a tick more high speed stable than the eternal bobcat, they're a little more resistent to turn but not so overstable that it isnt workable. It really can be a versatile midrange and will become even more workable once it breaks in. It truly is an alpha midrange if that gives you any inclination to what we are testing.i feel it can be used by any arm speed, be it backhand or forehand.

Mids i had at my disposal and compared the flight next to were the RDG Gila(think San Marino Q Sentinel), verdict, roc3, wasp and the gator. I felt the flight was closest to a Gila/Sentinel and verdict but not as OS as a gator. So, between a roc and gator if you will.

It loves to be thrown with power , a POWER midrange would be a good way to label it. Though,if you throw it softly or on shorter shots,it is still very easy to range and shape lines with. People are going to be able to carve lines with this bad boy,so trust it and it'll do the work for you.

Like the alpha, i feel like this disc can be sneaky long in the right hands. Ive had shots that seemed short and went further than i thought. 325 and in is about what ive been using it for. Ive had slower armed players throw this disc on flex shots and it went longer than they normally throw a mid.

Power hyzer, chip shots, fh cut rollers, fh shots, flat shots, flex shots...id say that classifies it as versatile. I dont have a great fh but it feels so comfortable in the hand being that its beadless, it comes out so clean on a frozen rope. People will be able to toss this with some power behind their fh and be able to trust it.

For reference, my bobcat is 175g, max weight will be at 177.6g according to pdga measurements. I honestly see this being a mid that can break in and fill other spots just like the alpha. Imagine carrying multiple bobcats and multiple alphas for several spots and only 2 molds! Familiarity and mold minimalism just makes executing shots so much easier.

So,if you finished reading that novel i just typed,thank you for your time,i really enjoy this mid. I put together a vid today of some shots to give you guys a glimpse of how it flies,sorry if you can't see the full flight,I was on a time crunch on my lunch break and only had 1 bobcat

Any questions,pic requests or whatever, don't hesitate to ask. #MINTtoBE #TeamMINT

https://youtu.be/xZqJZw3NqIw (throws with the bobcat)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Old 02-03-2019, 03:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 950 Times in 545 Posts

Light blue disc into a grey sky. Bad color choice for video work.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,111 Times in 565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
It's one of those things that you don't think about until it's pointed out. Plus he may not have had the option for another disc color.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,210 Times in 1,037 Posts

Sounds similar to the Runway.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 113
Niced 40 Times in 23 Posts

I'll be in his neck of the woods on the 16th. Hopefully I can test it out

Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 216 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
i realized that after i posted the video. fwiw, i only had a choice in in either a blue eternal bobcat or a blue apex bobcat,not to mention it was my first time taking video just to post for the fans. next time i will be more conscious of that sort of thing.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Sounds similar to the Runway.
i have yet to throw a runway but i was considering it the week before i was told the team got some bobcat testers. a buddy has a runway so i will be trying to compare the 2 when i get the chance to see him. the runway sounds more buzzz os where as the bobcat is akin to a san marino q sentinel/verdict/ gila/ emac truth etc.

plainly put, it was what i wanted the buzzz os to be before the buzzz os came out. now that i think about it, it might be closest to a nebula, more hss in the flat apex i have though. the eternal might be closest to the neb as they were a little straighter than the apex bobcat.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-14-2019, 08:35 AM
* Ace Member *

if any of you are on fb, i posted pics of the runway next to the bobcat for comparisons. specs are pretty close but the runway has a uniquely shaped wing.ive not had the chance to throw a runway though,i only had access to a new one last night.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:53 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,210 Times in 1,037 Posts

Here are two of his pics for the Book of Faces averse:

Runway on top

Bobcat on left

-----------------------------------------------

A more workable Runway would be a really good mid, I'm definitely interested. Those two Bobcats' rim profiles look really different to me. Are they molded up that different in the two plastics or is just the lighting playing tricks on me?