Old 02-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 677 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaine View Post
Honestly i thought this exceeds the hype. I thought it was going to be a boring clothing/apparel collaboration.
I thought it was going to be bigger too like a Sports Manufacture like Nike who they have used for clothing was going to be making the clothes and bags for them as well as own a stake in Discmania. I mean one of the older non Shield Discmania logos looks like the Nike logo and one of DGA's logos so only seems logical that Nike might do this considering that Discmania has two of the top players they sponsor. It was that or Discmania was going to be making its own discs which was the more logical choice.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2019, 06:41 PM

The Active brand logo for Yikun Discs looks like a Cheep brand that makes sports clothes like the Augusta Sportswear logo. The others look like a cool brand that makes discs for people. I bet that Innova players still can only use the Innova Discmania disc. It is nice to see a brand that is not tying down to one company's products and rather using a few of the better brands of disc manufacturers. I hope that if say Yikun Discs fails that Discmania buys out the company disc and molds and makes those molds in house with same name just different Discmania logo. Latiude 64 was a logical choice since they are the biggest manufacter in Europe where discs are made not by a USA based Company.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
Interesting that none of these are max-weight, even the putter or mid-range. But they're not really light-weight either. I guess these are targeted at beginners?
And those who want no higher then 170 grams as above that they find the score going to crap with heavier discs.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhrigDG View Post
Jussi didn’t take into account that Trumps sanctions are gonna make these some expensive discs. 😳
Jussi is in Europe one of the Scandinavian countries so he can have those discs shipped using that address unless Jussi is moving to USA near the Colorado warehouse.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I truly believe the big deal is emerging markets in Europe and China/Asia and having a manufacturer in those regions, rather than a business move to try and make more money off the existing fanbase.

I would think as far as sponsorship goes, SHOULD they so choose, any of the 3 lines would be treated as Discmania is now. But not that it expands into Lat64 or Yikun proper. Even so, I dont think it is automatic that ANY Innova player has DM option in their contract, and also think that currently and going into the future, the contracts would become more restrictive than in the past.
Could explain why Innova has made a putter like the bead less Discmania disc in its lineup and is making a limited production KC Pro Whale as that is close to the other beaded putter Discmania makes. So Discmania players can no longer throw Innova and its other products ?
Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 68
Niced 129 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Jussi is in Europe one of the Scandinavian countries so he can have those discs shipped using that address unless Jussi is moving to USA near the Colorado warehouse.
What???

Old 02-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,013 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Could explain why Innova has made a putter like the bead less Discmania disc in its lineup and is making a limited production KC Pro Whale as that is close to the other beaded putter Discmania makes. So Discmania players can no longer throw Innova and its other products ?
Innova also makes Pro Whales in the form of the Infinite Discs Myth, which has been out for a while now. As to what Discmania players can and can't throw (and what Innova players can and can't throw), that's one of the things we are waiting to see what shakes out.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,013 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
What???
I think he's trying to say that American tariffs on Red China would be non-effective if Red China is shipping the discs to Europe.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 472 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscyBusiness View Post
You don't have to speculate, the answers are already out there:
https://www.discmania.net/pages/evolution

That page shows the new molds planned (INSTINCT, METHOD, LINK, ENIGMA), and also the new plastics (EXO, NEO, LUX).
Jussi thinking outside the teebox. Saw the upcoming 'Originals' releases.

DD3 - this is the CloudBreaker?
FD2 - I thought this was already retooled? If it really does fly 6/4/0/2 I'll check it out.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 68
Niced 129 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I think he's trying to say that American tariffs on Red China would be non-effective if Red China is shipping the discs to Europe.
Ya, I get that. Nonsense

Niced: (1)