Old 08-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieWraithVaughan View Post
You could always ask your store to order you whatever disc in a specific weight, even the 7-11's near me will order specific discs for you. I'm sure the straight up disc store will.
I sort of agree with this sentiment.

However, if you ask you shop to order you a specific weight and color, why not just marketplace or online shop it?

What you should ask your local shop to do, then, is to pick up an order of that brand of discs.

Westside Warship is all a part of the Latitude 64/Westside/Dynamic Discs family. So if your retailer carries any Latitude 64, you can tell them to just get some Warships with the next shipment.

If they don't, you should advise your retailer to pick some up. I fear that any retailer in this day and age who isn't carrying any Lat/WS/DD and the shop isn't LOCATED DIRECTLY on a course (i.e. pro shop) will be in a lot of trouble. To be competitive and be a good business, you have to cater to all of your customers, not just some. If your retailer has no Lat 64/WS/DD , tell them to place their first order, and get in contact with the dudes at Lat 64 about it, they might send YOU some free stuff with your local shop's order. Have them get safe bet discs first if they're wary ; Rivers, Saints, Pures, XXXs, Tridents, Sinuses, Bolts, Giants, Warships, Swans, Underworlds, Swords, Judges, Escapes, Suspects, etc. All those discs WILL SELL. and don't forget I think Legacy sent some stuff along for me for free when I got them to carry some Legacy stuff near me, so get ahold of the company who makes the discs too.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

No one has mentioned this disc but I'm sure they are harder to find but the Pinnacle Ghost by Legacy quickly knocked out my Roc3 out of my bag. The first run of that disc is so flat that I'm thinking of going to the local shop and buying a whole lot more. I believe on their future Pinnacle runs they will try to correct the flat top and make it a little more domey. I can flip the crap out this disc brand new and it travels for ages on a straight line. My go to disc most of the time now.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieWraithVaughan View Post
You could always ask your store to order you whatever disc in a specific weight, even the 7-11's near me will order specific discs for you. I'm sure the straight up disc store will.
My local shop is run out of a shipping store. Gets his inventory from a guys garage. I can order from the Innova factory seconds store, and I have in the past with good results. I'm just a big fan of putting my hands on stuff and getting to feel it in your hands. I will take a little road trip to a more focused shop with a larger section and a course nearby soon. Or hopefully come up on the mobile retailer that roams WA.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post
I sort of agree with this sentiment.

However, if you ask you shop to order you a specific weight and color, why not just marketplace or online shop it?

What you should ask your local shop to do, then, is to pick up an order of that brand of discs.

Westside Warship is all a part of the Latitude 64/Westside/Dynamic Discs family. So if your retailer carries any Latitude 64, you can tell them to just get some Warships with the next shipment.

If they don't, you should advise your retailer to pick some up. I fear that any retailer in this day and age who isn't carrying any Lat/WS/DD and the shop isn't LOCATED DIRECTLY on a course (i.e. pro shop) will be in a lot of trouble. To be competitive and be a good business, you have to cater to all of your customers, not just some. If your retailer has no Lat 64/WS/DD , tell them to place their first order, and get in contact with the dudes at Lat 64 about it, they might send YOU some free stuff with your local shop's order. Have them get safe bet discs first if they're wary ; Rivers, Saints, Pures, XXXs, Tridents, Sinuses, Bolts, Giants, Warships, Swans, Underworlds, Swords, Judges, Escapes, Suspects, etc. All those discs WILL SELL. and don't forget I think Legacy sent some stuff along for me for free when I got them to carry some Legacy stuff near me, so get ahold of the company who makes the discs too.
They have some west side/latitude, but don't appear to be updating stock on that. Brought in legacy recently, but that's about it, think he brought in a couple vibram and sold almost all those, but isn't restocking. He says he will order stuff, but doesn't seem super stoked to do it and I understand why. Easy enough to order from factory , but I like holding stuff, especially this early in the learning process when I am so unfamiliar with discs.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post
Try the marketplace on here, the trident is not close to the Warship.

Source; 2warships1trident
Didn't say it was. One of his subsequent posts was asking for a long midrange he could throw in the wind. A Trident would fit that better than a Warship. Warships are great, but if he's wanting something that he can depend on in a headwind, and has a very limited and specific role (apparently), then I think he'd be better off with a Trident. (Source: 3 Warships, 2 Tridents, lol)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2