Old 06-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 59
Niced 124 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMeistor View Post
I normally prefer star to champ unless no other choice or the champ version is just better...

I max out fairways at 330' (usually throw a variety of eagles), so what premium plastic/run would go well with a base JLS and a fairly beefy Banshee?
I've always had 2-3 eagles in my tourney bag since I started playing so I'll say 330' is hucking them out there I'd expect another 10% more distance out of the jls. If you like eagles I'll bet you're gonna love the jls. They complement each other filling the stable to understable needs very well with the jls having more fade than say its cousin the leopard.

Normally, I'd recommend getting a new mold in the plastic type you're most comfortable with. Since Innova manufacturers for Millennium, Star is the same as Sirius plastic. However, on most wooded courses around here I'll throw a QJLS on a hyzer flip to straight or turnover line 10x more often than an eagle or my teebird. On an open course, my QJs get fewer shots and limited utility action.

So I guess I'm asking, what types of courses do you like to play. If the sun bakes your brain like it does mine and the woods are more your style, then I'd say get a QJLS. They take longer to break in but if you're in the trees a lesser plastic jls will be your roller in no time and of course, QJs are magical.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 55 Times in 39 Posts

Mostly was asking because I like that base Millennium plastic so much. I have been throwing Polaris off and on a few years but they are starting to get unpredictable when I get a powerful throw on them. I put my Eagles back in the bag because they don't suffer that same problem (at least not with my arm).

Considering a JLS because I like that smaller rim (Polaris is just perfect in my hand), and the base plastic for the understable side of things. My only complaint of the eagles, outside of no production pro, is that the beefy ones are a little too close to my Banshees in stability.

Thanks for the input.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I've got a questions about the sparkle/MF QJ's.

Are any of the runs or colors in the softer MF plastic?

I've got a couple MF teebirds that are nice and semi-gummy but my 1.10 MF QJ is pretty stiff. I'd love to get one in a little softer plastic
Old 11-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,258 Times in 632 Posts

I have two 150-class 1.11s that are both, despite lighter weights being softer, on the firmer side of things. How old's your TeeBird? Guessing it's newer as the older one I have is firmer as well. Probably want to look for a newer run if you want softer, but it might not be sparkle plastic.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Had a CE tourney stamp in the bag for a couple of years now and it's getting US. Surprised me until I thought about just how often I was throwing it. I don't bag US to speak of but I make an exception for this old boy. It will fly straight on a hyzer flip but only at about 2/3 power and on the rare occasion that a fore hand line is to tight or needs to go over something too high to still get distance, out comes the QJ at full power. At about 1 throw per round, it should avoid becoming too flippy for a long time.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:28 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I have two 150-class 1.11s that are both, despite lighter weights being softer, on the firmer side of things. How old's your TeeBird? Guessing it's newer as the older one I have is firmer as well. Probably want to look for a newer run if you want softer, but it might not be sparkle plastic.
Teebird is from 2012. Do they have a new run of QJ's that aren't sparkle?
Old 11-06-2016, 03:44 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 94 Times in 73 Posts

JLS is a fantastic disc, it's too bad they've dropped in popularity. The JLS was the first disc I cracked the 400' barrier on a hyzerflip with a 10mph tailwind. I don't throw them anymore because I can get valkyries/beasts to do the same thing (stable to right), they're more readily available in my area, and cheaper online.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 208 Times in 120 Posts

Put the Q and M JLS back in the bag yesterday for our weekly league and I had some really great shots with them. I forgot how controllable they were with easy distance.