Old 06-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts
Default Sirius Scorpius

How many of you throw the Scorpius from Millennium? Currently I bag Destroyer's and a DDX that I really beginning to like, but have recently heard good things about the Scorpius.

How does it fly in the different plastics? How does it compare to a fresh Star Destroyer, and or new G-Star Destroyer?

The couple recent Paul McBeth stamped Destroyer's I've gotten are VERY overstable. Luckily I have a couple worn-in AJ's that fly very nice. I also really like the G-Star's flight right out of the box.

I've added the DDX into the mix because I've recently found a place for it in my bag. It's high speed turn is similar to my beat-in Star and fresh G-Star Destroyer's, but it has a much stronger fade than both. So I use it for max distance shots that I need to make sure come back from it's high speed turn.

BTW, I can get my DDX and beat-in Destroyer's out to 400' consistently, and can get them closer to 450' when I do everything right. Wondering how the Scorpius would fly for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2016, 09:02 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I currently bag four of them! They brought my search for a good "destroyer" to an end. They remind me of medium stable Destroyers and beat in nicely. First Runs (1.1) are typically less stable than the current runs (2.1). It took my 167 First Runs a few months of regular throwing to develop turn.

In short they're a consistently molded destroyer that are similar to older runs of Destroyer in stability. Great glide.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 387 Posts

I bag a fr Sirius and I have a collection of them as well as an assortment of quantum and zero G Scorpiuses. To me, the Scorpius flies the destroyer's flight numbers right out of the box. If you've got over about 380 feet of power you're going to see just a little turn and a healthy fade. I find that I generally get just a bit less skip out of a Scorpius compared to a destroyer too.

Most of the same rules apply to Scorpiuses as Destroyers. The pop tops and the bottom stamps are a bit more OS. One difference is that the Q's seem slightly less stable than the Siriuses, mainly I think because they are flatter. For the ZGs, the flat ones are pretty understable (my roller discs are both these) but the pop tops can actually be pretty stable. I've got a 160 pop top ZG that's about as stable as my Siriuses.

Anyway, the Scorpius is a great mold to explore, especially right now when a lot of the destroyers being run are on the uber OS side.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 229
Niced 25 Times in 14 Posts

This thread may interest you:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=67853

I have thrown a few Sirius Scorpiuses before. The ones I liked best were a run of slightly domey white Scorpiuses. They resist turn well (but will beat in nicely) and have a healthy forward fade. They remind me of nice Destroyers. I also owned some flat, stiff factory seconds, but they were freakishly overstable. I'm not sure what was wrong with those. As long as you get one with some dome, you should be happy. The thread above has more detail regarding dome/color and how it relates to stability.

In my opinion, people that throw Destroyers should look into the Scorpius. To me, it's just an easier way to get a good Destroyer.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Having a hard time finding a retailer with a large stock of Scorpius's. I'd like to pick myself up some to try, but because I'm ocd I specifically need pink or red ones.

I'd like to pick up a pair of pink ones in Sirius plastic, and preferably not max weight. I'll have to keep searching.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 30 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
Having a hard time finding a retailer with a large stock of Scorpius's. I'd like to pick myself up some to try, but because I'm ocd I specifically need pink or red ones.

I'd like to pick up a pair of pink ones in Sirius plastic, and preferably not max weight. I'll have to keep searching.
There are no pink 1.1s, and I don't think I've actually ever seen any pink Sirius Scorpius. There are red 1.1s for sure (I have a couple). A number of the retailers online still have a number of them. One of the best things about the Scorpius is that not many people throw it so the "good ones" are still easy to come by at stock prices.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

I have a pink bottom stamp from the 2.1 gen and a couple red 1.1's (max weight). I think the red 1.1s have the nicest pop top dome of the 1.1s I have. I bag one of them. Man, every time I go on DGC and notice that they still have 1.1s in stock, I want to buy them up. I have to remind myself that I already have a stack of them at home.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Any one know anything about runs and stamps? Just got a couple bottom stamped pink ones with a much sexier stamp than stock. Says 1.7, is this automatically an older run than my blue 2.1? The 2.1 still has that awful stock stamp. Just might be a difference between stock and bottom stamp I guess. How do your bottom stamps look?

Last edited by myllys; 08-04-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
Any one know anything about runs and stamps? Just got a couple bottom stamped pink ones with a much sexier stamp than stock. Says 1.7, is this automatically an older run than my blue 2.1? The 2.1 still has that awful stock stamp. Just might be a difference between stock and bottom stamp I guess. How do your bottom stamps look?
Post a pic, I'm curious about the stamp. 2.1 was supposed to be 1.2 and just got messed up so the next run probably ought to be either 1.3 or 2.2 (unless there are several runs I'm unaware of which is possible). If it's a CFR disc, then the 1.7 might just be part of the custom stamp, not actually a run indicator. Does anyone know if there have been any runs after 2.1? The only store in town that stocks Millennium is 45 minutes away from me, so I don't get over there too often to look at them.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Pic attached. Don't know why but something tells me this is a newer run. Just restocked at a finnish online vendor. Slighty lower PLH than my white first runs and 2.1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20624248_10156424832400130_473127460_n.jpg (21.5 KB, 92 views)

Niced: (1)