Old 08-04-2017, 02:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
Pic attached. Don't know why but something tells me this is a newer run. Just restocked at a finnish online vendor. Slighty lower PLH than my white first runs and 2.1.
Wow, yeah that doesn't look like any CFR stamp I've seen, so I'm guessing new run! Interesting that they went with 1.7 as a run number, which implies there might be several runs where they didn't up the run number? Maybe someone else on here knows where 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 went though. Or maybe Scorpiuses with those numbers are out there and I just haven't seen them.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2017, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Oh and what's the feel like on the 1.7? Softer Star like some of the 2.1 or firmer? I would assume not as firm as the first runs.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Btw, KWS has a couple of Scorpiuses with this new stamp for sale on eBay (as well as bottom stamped Quasars with the same stamp and 1.4 instead of 1.7). I asked them about it, and they said they weren't positive but think it's probably a new run. They said that it's not a custom stamp, and they were surprised to get some of these in their last order.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-04-2017, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,126 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
There are no pink 1.1s, and I don't think I've actually ever seen any pink Sirius Scorpius. There are red 1.1s for sure (I have a couple). A number of the retailers online still have a number of them. One of the best things about the Scorpius is that not many people throw it so the "good ones" are still easy to come by at stock prices.
The bubblegum pink 2.1s are hugely sought after among Millennium throwers, as true meathook Destroyers. They're the S/DS of Scorps. Wish I had kept mine so I wouldn't have to track down fancy old destroyers.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

There new ones feel like newer star, as a pink shryke or a pink destroyer feels. Threw one of em into some gravel and they chipped like new harder star rims. It still has the same form although a bit less domey than first run or 2.1.

Compared to my pretty fresh white first run, these seemed less overstable. That's compelling to me as the first runs I have are plenty OS for me, and I have a stack. These should get to the flip and ride phase much quicker.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
The bubblegum pink 2.1s are hugely sought after among Millennium throwers, as true meathook Destroyers. They're the S/DS of Scorps. Wish I had kept mine so I wouldn't have to track down fancy old destroyers.
Funny, I had a bubblegum pink bottom stamp 2.1. It was definitely from the era of softer star plastic and quite flexible. It was a transition color too; there were some green streaks in it, very pretty. I didn't really like how soft it was so I sold it for about what I paid for it, stock price. Guess I should have kept it, but at least someone else is now enjoying it.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Par Member

When is the Gregg Barsby tour series coming out?

Old 03-04-2018, 01:32 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 129 Times in 71 Posts

Anybody try the 1.8 runs of bottom stamp Scorpius's? I want to pick a couple up, but I want to make sure they're not super gummy Sirius plastic like the ones Ive gotten before

Also, thread resurrection for a great mold!

Niced: (2)

Last edited by DrBaartman; 03-04-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:04 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 630 Times in 542 Posts

Want a good Destoyer, find the low dome Champion ones like I use. The Big dome Champion Destroyers fly less consistent. The lower dome are more consistent in the plastic molding but do not get beyond 171 grams or so, the disc is too beefy, needing to be able to strong arm to throw the disc and is a glide less turd from what I have seen online. I use around 167 grams and about 170 grams for the Destroyer.

Yes the higher up in weight with the Champion the more beefy a Destroyer will get and will not have the ability to do what some players can do, that flex line like Paul can with his beat in Pro Destroyer, you will have to beat in the Destoyer. If you get too heavy a disc beyond 171 grams and definitely 173 grams and up the Champion Destroyer is often too beefy and a player will have to spend time breaking in a plastic type (often by going nearer to a basket and driving into the Cage to beak in the disc) that does not break in all that fast. Just be aware that you need to drop disc weight of your max driver disc weight by 3 grams with the Champion Destroyer to have a disc that flies the way you want the Destoyer to fly.

Less people uses the Destroyer in Champion or any max distance disc, speed 12 or higher from Innova in Champion seems they like Star and that makes it easier to find a good version of your disc. Also Star tends to be less constant from Innova then other plastics except maybe R-Pro.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:58 AM
Par Member

This is not a destroyer thread, it’s a destroyer-copy thread.