Old 01-16-2019, 05:10 PM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Sample size of two 1.7s, both much less overstable than first runs and 2.1s.

What's the word on the newest run of M Scorps?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2019, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 387 Posts

Well that "Secrets to finding the right Destroyer" video did finally confirm one thing we've suspected for a long time: the Scorpius definitely shares at least some mold parts with the Destroyer. I just checked my Scorpius's and they all have the grind marks from removing the Destroyer patent numbers. Most of my Scorps are FR Sirius and they all have 3 grind marks (so they all appear to have come from a single Destroyer mold). I have a few Scorps from other runs that are a mix of 3 and 4 grind marks though so they've definitely run them out of both Destroyer molds since then. I still don't know if I believe the Scorpius is completely a Destroyer; the Scorpius feels a little deeper in the hand to me. It definitely uses the Destroyer bottom mold piece though.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:52 PM

Niced 29 Times in 11 Posts

I've got a seasoned 1.8 max weight that I have been throwing lately. That and a white 1.9 that is my wind fighter. Destroyers might be getting sold or stored for my kids.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:13 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 201 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Well that "Secrets to finding the right Destroyer" video did finally confirm one thing we've suspected for a long time: the Scorpius definitely shares at least some mold parts with the Destroyer. I just checked my Scorpius's and they all have the grind marks from removing the Destroyer patent numbers. Most of my Scorps are FR Sirius and they all have 3 grind marks (so they all appear to have come from a single Destroyer mold). I have a few Scorps from other runs that are a mix of 3 and 4 grind marks though so they've definitely run them out of both Destroyer molds since then. I still don't know if I believe the Scorpius is completely a Destroyer; the Scorpius feels a little deeper in the hand to me. It definitely uses the Destroyer bottom mold piece though.
I'm not sure it confirms anything. I have Eagles with the same grind marks...
Old 04-23-2019, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
I'm not sure it confirms anything. I have Eagles with the same grind marks...
Right, but the Eagle was released back when they still put patent numbers on molds, and the Scorpius wasn't. The Eagle mold needed the patent numbers removed so they were ground off just like with the Destroyer mold. Also, I'd imagine the grind marks on the Eagle are not identical to the ones on the Destroyer. The grind marks on my Scorps are identical to those on my Destroyers.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:24 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 94 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Right, but the Eagle was released back when they still put patent numbers on molds, and the Scorpius wasn't. The Eagle mold needed the patent numbers removed so they were ground off just like with the Destroyer mold. Also, I'd imagine the grind marks on the Eagle are not identical to the ones on the Destroyer. The grind marks on my Scorps are identical to those on my Destroyers.
They look pretty close to me, only difference is distance from inside of the rim. But that makes sense because one is a 1.7cm rim and the other is 2.2cm rim.