Old 08-17-2020, 01:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 843 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
My wife has already started talking about taking an Alaskan cruise. So my first move? See if there are any courses close to cruise destinations!
Yea, I saw the one close to Juneau, then another one a little further away, so I would love to get one of those. But, with what's going on now, it will probably be a while (on a couple of different fronts) til we will go on that cruise.

But thanks a lot, having ground transportation lined up will make things a LOT easier!!
Late response here, but I'm assuming due to COVID you probably haven't gone on your cruise yet. So hopefully this is still applicable. I went on an Alaskan cruise in 2018 and it was quite possibly my favorite vacation ever.

-Tracy Arm Fjord is the most beautiful place I've ever seen (google it, it's amazing even in stock photos).
-Juneau was a super fun town. Highly recommend taking the gondola up the mountain and hiking your way back down to the cruise ship.
-Skagway was my only disc golf round of the trip. There's an object course available to play that is just a short/cheap bus ride away from the port. Skagway was the most touristy & least authentic of the stops, so I was glad I played DG rather than doing an official excursion.
-the national forest in Ketchikan is beautiful. Awesome, awesome hike. Only thing I'd do differently is to find a way to do it self-paced rather than joining a tour (we did an official excursion with my in-laws for this one, but usually we prefer to avoid the expensive cruiseline excursions).
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-17-2020, 05:10 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 690
Niced 880 Times in 380 Posts

33/50 and 2 provinces so far. Contemplating making the drive to knock one out this week...and there's a posssible Alaska adventure later this year.

Pretty much have every state that I need mapped out in one form or another...except New Mexico (and Hawaii). That's gonna be tough.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-17-2020, 06:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,232 Times in 503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Pretty much have every state that I need mapped out in one form or another...except New Mexico (and Hawaii). That's gonna be tough.
Pffft, New Mexico isn't tough. You just need to get sent there for work!

...Or were you talking about Hawaii?

Old 08-18-2020, 11:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 209
Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
33/50 and 2 provinces so far. Contemplating making the drive to knock one out this week...and there's a posssible Alaska adventure later this year.

I'm working on a plan for a New Mexico weekend trip in November. Fingers crossed!