#171  
Old 08-18-2020, 12:41 AM
notapro's Avatar
notapro notapro is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago Burbs
Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 530
Posts: 3,475
Niced 123 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Yeah, for sure... 15-20 minute drive between each one would add up quick.

I wonder what the most efficient bagging day would look like around Chicago... probably the grouping from like Glencoe to Buffalo Grove and up north toward Gurnee. Just don't look at the course ratings!!!

Watts
Fink
Keller
Willow Stream
Twin Creeks
Diamond Lake Slough
Leo Leathers
Fremont School
Central Park
Warren Township
Joy Lutheran
Adler

I wonder what ol' Mashnut would think....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicago Route.jpg (44.5 KB, 71 views)
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 08-18-2020, 01:31 AM
The Valkyrie Kid The Valkyrie Kid is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puyallup, WA
Years Playing: 42.5
Courses Played: 1505
Posts: 655
Niced 332 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Click on most anyone of those Chicago area courses and you’ll most likely find 2-3 within 3 miles. And there’s quite a few Blue courses (less than 9 holes) to mix in. Play 9, drive 5 minutes, play 9, drive 8 minutes, play a 5 hole course, drive 15 minutes and play an 18.

At my age now, i’d be aiming at six a day. 8-9-10 in a day is reasonable for anyone in decent shape as long as you’re willing to play whichever course you come across. Expect a lot of 1.5 and 2.0 courses that can knock off in 20 minutes or less. Just understand you aren’t playing great courses. You’re just racking em up. I have to admit, it got a little old after a week of the same thing.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 08-18-2020, 07:09 AM
pmay5's Avatar
pmay5 pmay5 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Raleigh area
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 205
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 388
Niced 270 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
Click on most anyone of those Chicago area courses and you’ll most likely find 2-3 within 3 miles. And there’s quite a few Blue courses (less than 9 holes) to mix in. Play 9, drive 5 minutes, play 9, drive 8 minutes, play a 5 hole course, drive 15 minutes and play an 18.

At my age now, i’d be aiming at six a day. 8-9-10 in a day is reasonable for anyone in decent shape as long as you’re willing to play whichever course you come across. Expect a lot of 1.5 and 2.0 courses that can knock off in 20 minutes or less. Just understand you aren’t playing great courses. You’re just racking em up. I have to admit, it got a little old after a week of the same thing.
Let's see, that was back during your "Push to 1000" wasn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 08-18-2020, 10:39 AM
Stardoggy's Avatar
Stardoggy Stardoggy is offline
**SuIciDe AnKles**
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Plymouth, WI
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 690
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,362
Niced 880 Times in 380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
You can easily play 6-9 of those Chicago niners a day. I knocked about 50 in 8 eight days.
I've done as many as 11 down there in a day, and I'm guessing I could map out days where I could get more if I tried.

Hell, I got 11 on Sunday in central WI, and that wasn't nearly as concentrated.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 08-18-2020, 10:42 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WI
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,917
Niced 1,653 Times in 788 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
I've done as many as 11 down there in a day, and I'm guessing I could map out days where I could get more if I tried.

Hell, I got 11 on Sunday in central WI, and that wasn't nearly as concentrated.
No new ones I hope 🤬
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 08-18-2020, 11:18 AM
Stardoggy's Avatar
Stardoggy Stardoggy is offline
**SuIciDe AnKles**
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Plymouth, WI
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 690
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,362
Niced 880 Times in 380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
No new ones I hope 🤬
All new ones!!

I have three to add to the site. Apparently the Eau Claire folks don't love to use DGCR, but do love them some uDisc...

Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 08-18-2020, 11:21 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WI
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,917
Niced 1,653 Times in 788 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
All new ones!!

I have three to add to the site. Apparently the Eau Claire folks don't love to use DGCR, but do love them some uDisc...
3 new ones in Eau Claire? Nice, did play Cadott? That was the first one I ever added.

They must've just added that Pinehurst course. Of course too, I was there a month ago.

Last edited by wolfhaley; 08-18-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 08-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Stardoggy's Avatar
Stardoggy Stardoggy is offline
**SuIciDe AnKles**
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Plymouth, WI
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 690
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,362
Niced 880 Times in 380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
3 new ones in Eau Claire? Nice, did play Cadott? That was the first one I ever added.

They must've just added that Pinehurst course. Of course too, I was there a month ago.
Actually, I guess it's only two I need to add. The Pinehurst one, and a school course in Wittenburg near Panic Park.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 08-18-2020, 11:36 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WI
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,917
Niced 1,653 Times in 788 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Actually, I guess it's only two I need to add. The Pinehurst one, and a school course in Wittenburg near Panic Park.
Gotcha, I saw that Wittenberg one on Udisc but haven't played it yet. I played the Pines Sunday and it was actually pretty decent. Highbridge the last 2 days and my hungover, sore self is now off to Sandy Point.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #180  
Old 08-18-2020, 11:56 AM
The Valkyrie Kid The Valkyrie Kid is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puyallup, WA
Years Playing: 42.5
Courses Played: 1505
Posts: 655
Niced 332 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
Let's see, that was back during your "Push to 1000" wasn't it?
Wow, I can’t believe you picked up on that. I had to go back in the archives and figure out that all those Chicago miners were played in June of 2016 and after a cross country road trip in August, I played # 1000 soon after in Cali.

For what it’s worth, i’m heading across the state tomorrow and knocking off about 23-24 courses and then i’ll Be pushing 1500.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most Courses Played Per State? The Valkyrie Kid Disc Golf Courses 313 11-08-2020 12:41 AM
# of courses played in a state Pizza God General Disc Golf Chat 15 07-29-2020 02:41 PM
How many courses have you played that are the highest rated in their state? BigAl724 Disc Golf Courses 63 07-28-2020 03:40 PM
Who has played the most courses in their home state? lion Disc Golf Courses 121 07-24-2020 10:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.