Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 153 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013

Now take it a step further and put Beer in that machine as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 20
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanCR View Post
Its a great ideal until someone shatters one lil piece of glass and takes all your merch. No I don't own a store sorry for trying to support the ones that do. In the economy its good to employ ppl. I doubt these will EVER hit charlotte. If they do they will be remove I assure you .
It seems like you're so set against what is essentially another way to promote the sport, you would mask a threat against it? This machine is actually built, you couldn't find it in your heart to wish some entrepreneurial DG'ers well instead? Each to their own I guess. Also, the 'economy' (of disc golf or anything else) is not suffering because of vending machines. We live in a world of convenience, DG would just suck up more of those spontaneously spent $$, most probably by curious randoms who may then become paying customers later on. Anybody here stop going to the supermarket because you can buy coke in a vending machine at work? Anyone?

For the pro's who like what they like and would be hard pressed to spend in one of these, life would not change, but it would be damn cool to see one of these in my town and yes, I too would buy something just to say I did.

K.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
Many of the courses here are within county parks with buildings and P2P set ups.
Rolling hills,idependence lake, hudson mills, kensington, willow, and stoney creek would be ideal imo.
No doubt. All of the park systems need more funding, a bit of money made in this fashion could go a long way. The parks can't afford to staff/monitor even a modest "pro shop" but installing a couple machines which are filled by an outside vender is almost a no brainer. Put 'em right next to the snack machines.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
It's been mentioned, by both myself and others. And yes, it would need to be a large machine. And it could be something they decide to try in the future. A little easier to launch something with lower overhead, then move into the high end stuff.
Totally agree. I also had no idea martin was involved with this, never would I call him half ass, so sorry for that.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1317
Niced 308 Times in 142 Posts

I'm as skeptical as anyone going into this endeavour, but I've also had over a year to work through the frustrations and see behind the scenes, and to finally see a machine in the ground is such a huge step, and now everything is in fast forward and I've regained confidence in the folks behind this. Believe me, they're not being hasty about any decisions, and you should be hearing much more from this company very soon.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 28
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrothley@msn.com View Post
Big problem - to some scumbags this would be a vending machine worth taking a chance of being cought breaking into (tearing it up). I would think it would need to be kept inside a locked facility after hours, and when not "supervised". Worth it?? I like the progressive idea.
I can see this inside of the pro shop at Blue Ribbon Pines or something that is closely monitored. Public parks? Um no.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 9 Times in 1 Post

If you checkout the FB page, the pic of the one "teeboxx" is inside a building. Perhaps the company IS reccomending they are put indoors or closely monitored spots, where they won't be smashed up.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 64
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would be surprised if the "glass" wasn't something like Lexan which is pretty hard to break. IIRC, that's what they used to surround the Battle Bots arena.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it had its own security camera built in. I can't imagine it would cost prohibitive to add a small fish eye camera and some storage to protect a few thousand dollars of plastic.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 33
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckychucky View Post
If you checkout the FB page, the pic of the one "teeboxx" is inside a building. Perhaps the company IS reccomending they are put indoors or closely monitored spots, where they won't be smashed up.
Doesn't exactly look like the most secure building though...

I think it's a great idea.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forget disc golf vending machines, I want a Mcdonalds vending machine. I trust robots more than the minimum wage bus folk working at mcdonalds who couldn't give 2 ****s about doing a halfway decent job of making your food. I guarantee a mcdonalds vending machine would make a better big mac than any of the scrubs currently making my big macs. And honestly it really wouldn't be that hard to automate a mcdonalds, whoever does it first is going to be a billionaire.