#31  
Old 06-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 724 Times in 507 Posts
Default

I've been looking at grip6 simply because some days I like to look sharp on the course and I have some khaki golf shorts and some polos I like to mix up and a grip6 belt seems like a comfortable accessory, I'm not a "belt guy" so that minimalist vibe is cool basically just a cool buckle and whatever color belt.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 PM
@iDiscGolf's Avatar
@iDiscGolf @iDiscGolf is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 3,815
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts
Default

What's different about the belt is the "extra" part of the belt strap that pulls through instead of going on he outside like other belts, this one goes on the inside. But wouldn't that make it feel like it's thicker on one side vs the other? Vs a traditional belt the "extra" goes on the outside, keeping the inside loop the same single layer feel?

I think I'm way over thinking this, I'm not even going to re read what I wrote. I'm bored. In drive through waiting for a Oregon raspberry shake and tillamook burger but it's taking a while..

But, they do say this is the best belt ever made.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,611
Niced 1,185 Times in 530 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubes View Post
Same here but I do own a couple pairs of shorts that snap together at the fly instead of button so I have to undo the belt when I wear those because half the time I've tried to to go the button unsnaps mid stream and my belt is still connected. lol its very annoying when that happens so I just undo the belt now. to be honest I hate wearing a belt and avoid it as much as possible but since Ive been riding again Im getting closer to my old "race" weight and now half my clothes dont fit and Im back to wearing a belt. lol
Throw those shorts away and make your life easier.
Life is short.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,441
Niced 495 Times in 317 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
What's different about the belt is the "extra" part of the belt strap that pulls through instead of going on he outside like other belts, this one goes on the inside. But wouldn't that make it feel like it's thicker on one side vs the other? Vs a traditional belt the "extra" goes on the outside, keeping the inside loop the same single layer feel?

I think I'm way over thinking this, I'm not even going to re read what I wrote. I'm bored. In drive through waiting for a Oregon raspberry shake and tillamook burger but it's taking a while..

But, they do say this is the best belt ever made.
Burgerville?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Nubes's Avatar
Nubes Nubes is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Union,KY
Posts: 204
Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Throw those shorts away and make your life easier.
Life is short.


Ain't that the truth! Im not that old but I turn the big 44 this weekend but feel a little older than that from all my old injuries. I'm hoping by riding again that being fit will go a long way with me getting older and on the golf course. I just cant believe how bad I suck after the break I took from disc golf. I grew up playing this game then take a little 15 year break(may have played 2 times total during that time) Its like starting over but not quite. My distance is gone and I know a lot of that is my age just the fact that my technique and timing seem to be a little different each throw. I know there was a time I've over thrown 400-500 ft baskets. I'm not sure if I've hit 350 since I've been back? I think I'm trying way too hard and need to slow down and be more patient. Youtube didn't exist when I played but I'm trying to really learn and apply proper technique. I'm one of those guys who deep down inside still thinks he can be over a 1000 rated player at my age after. Its really amazing how easy 30-40 foot putts in my basement can be then when it counts on the course. JEEZ!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-27-2018, 08:55 PM
@iDiscGolf's Avatar
@iDiscGolf @iDiscGolf is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 3,815
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Burgerville?
Yep. Better loosen that belt..

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,611
Niced 1,185 Times in 530 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubes View Post
Ain't that the truth! Im not that old but I turn the big 44 this weekend but feel a little older than that from all my old injuries. I'm hoping by riding again that being fit will go a long way with me getting older and on the golf course. I just cant believe how bad I suck after the break I took from disc golf. I grew up playing this game then take a little 15 year break(may have played 2 times total during that time) Its like starting over but not quite. My distance is gone and I know a lot of that is my age just the fact that my technique and timing seem to be a little different each throw. I know there was a time I've over thrown 400-500 ft baskets. I'm not sure if I've hit 350 since I've been back? I think I'm trying way too hard and need to slow down and be more patient. Youtube didn't exist when I played but I'm trying to really learn and apply proper technique. I'm one of those guys who deep down inside still thinks he can be over a 1000 rated player at my age after. Its really amazing how easy 30-40 foot putts in my basement can be then when it counts on the course. JEEZ!
Pretty similar story...played in my teens in the 90s and then didn't play for 13 years. Early 30s when I came back to it so picked back up pretty quickly. Of course then 2 years ago I ruined my shoulder for good, had surgery #2, and now throw exclusively with a little T-rex forehand. Serious adjustment to expectations, but I'm having more fun now.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-27-2018, 10:08 PM
reezyF's Avatar
reezyF reezyF is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 191
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 25
Niced 15 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Random question- is Grip6 related to Grip bags in any way or just a coincidence?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-28-2018, 05:18 AM
damagedLIVER's Avatar
damagedLIVER damagedLIVER is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Courses Played: 33
Posts: 300
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I bought one of these belts at the Beaver State Fling a couple of weeks ago. I'm having trouble getting the belt to lock/stay in place. One side of the belt has a tab and the other does not. The side without a tab will not lay flat when I put it through the belt buckle. This is causing the belt to loosen after minimal activity. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a quick way to "break in" the nylon belt so that it will lay flat?
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 06-28-2018, 02:52 PM
discNDav discNDav is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: near Philadelphia,PA
Years Playing: 33.3
Courses Played: 356
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,120
Niced 99 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagedLIVER View Post
I bought one of these belts at the Beaver State Fling a couple of weeks ago. I'm having trouble getting the belt to lock/stay in place. One side of the belt has a tab and the other does not. The side without a tab will not lay flat when I put it through the belt buckle. This is causing the belt to loosen after minimal activity. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a quick way to "break in" the nylon belt so that it will lay flat?
There is 90 sec video on You Tube showing how to wear it properly. Use Google to find it easily.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power Grip Grip lock issues. BKRanger Technique & Strategy 21 09-09-2014 07:22 PM
Fan grip and putt grip Vonbeezy1 Technique & Strategy 4 01-10-2014 08:42 PM
nate doss grip for A series grip? olemiss5931 The Marketplace 14 11-20-2013 12:18 AM
Grip Eq photo contest - win a grip bag! jenco General Disc Golf Chat 3 07-17-2012 08:36 PM
Nose angle issues in Climo grip vs. power grip dorseymatt Technique & Strategy 9 03-23-2012 08:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.