#71  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Van1's Avatar
Van1 Van1 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 375
Niced 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
In what way are the profiles different? Can you attach an image comparing the two?

I received a 1.2 Taurus in the mail today, and I am super stoaked. I’ve been a Roc thrower since the beginning, and tried nearly every iteration except ones with a V in the name. For the record, mine has the Taurus symbol penned on the bottom, it has a “normal” KC Roc type dome, and it feels amazing in the hand.
Ill be going out to throw it this afternoon when this skiff of snow melts off.
Is the R in your sig, for Roc? NVM, reread your post and it obviously is. L3= leopard 3? Do you ever not carry a bag playing with only 7 discs. I do...
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Van1; 02-04-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:49 PM
The Albatross's Avatar
The Albatross The Albatross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,326
Niced 245 Times in 129 Posts
Default

I was trying to keep my expectations tempered after the disappointing RocX3 tryout, but this disc kills. It has a very smooth flight, feels like a Roc, and flies like a “RocX” should. There is no jerky transition between initial straight penetration and fade like with the RX3, it just glides and holds its bank the whole way. Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1 View Post
Is the R in your sig, for Roc? NVM, reread your post and it obviously is. L3= leopard 3? Do you ever not carry a bag playing with only 7 discs. I do...
Yeah, I’ll go out with any combination of discs that seem exciting, but my tournament bag has been set for a few years now. Add in a Rhyno and a D3 for bomber flips and that’s my money maker.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Van1's Avatar
Van1 Van1 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 375
Niced 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I was trying to keep my expectations tempered after the disappointing RocX3 tryout, but this disc kills. It has a very smooth flight, feels like a Roc, and flies like a “RocX” should. There is no jerky transition between initial straight penetration and fade like with the RX3, it just glides and holds its bank the whole way. Perfect.



Yeah, I’ll go out with any combination of discs that seem exciting, but my tournament bag has been set for a few years now. Add in a Rhyno and a D3 for bomber flips and that’s my money maker.
I go Pig for putter and Scythe for overstable duties. No Firebird. Turnover stuff, Katana and Sidewinder (roadrunner).
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:29 PM
DesertFox's Avatar
DesertFox DesertFox is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pineywoods Country, TX
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 449
Niced 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
In what way are the profiles different? Can you attach an image comparing the two?

I received a 1.2 Taurus in the mail today, and I am super stoaked. I’ve been a Roc thrower since the beginning, and tried nearly every iteration except ones with a V in the name. For the record, mine has the Taurus symbol penned on the bottom, it has a “normal” KC Roc type dome, and it feels amazing in the hand.
Ill be going out to throw it this afternoon when this skiff of snow melts off.
I also have a Pale Purple 1.2 Q Taurus with a taurus symbol penned underneath with normal roc dome. Got it yesterday at a tournament. Havent thrown it yet, how did it fly for you? Nvm just saw the post where you describe it. I got it because there wasnt much I was liking at the payout bins and had to spend my funny money on something. Hoping it will pair well with my Ghosts
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-02-2019, 06:43 AM
Kodachrome's Avatar
Kodachrome Kodachrome is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South St. Paul, MN
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,611
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts
Default

No Millennium plastic taurus yet?

Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,065
Niced 2,179 Times in 827 Posts
Default

Lol...I got excited today for a second. I bought a few discs of a guy whose gf just had his baby so he needed to turn discs into cash. He's into Millennium and bought a bunch of lots of discs off facebook without really knowing what he was getting, so when I asked if he had any QMS he said he thought he did. When I went to pick the disc up he handed me the QMS; my brain immediately went "This is a Champ Roc SCORE!!!" About a second later I realized it didn't have a USDGC stamp so it had to be a Taurus.

Beefy nose on the sucker, otherwise it's a Roc eh? I threw a friends before, seemed a lot like a Champ Roc. I guess I'll get more throws on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-11-2019, 10:59 AM
jcassidy1990's Avatar
jcassidy1990 jcassidy1990 is offline
Reptilian Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,725
Niced 539 Times in 212 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lol...I got excited today for a second. I bought a few discs of a guy whose gf just had his baby so he needed to turn discs into cash. He's into Millennium and bought a bunch of lots of discs off facebook without really knowing what he was getting, so when I asked if he had any QMS he said he thought he did. When I went to pick the disc up he handed me the QMS; my brain immediately went "This is a Champ Roc SCORE!!!" About a second later I realized it didn't have a USDGC stamp so it had to be a Taurus.

Beefy nose on the sucker, otherwise it's a Roc eh? I threw a friends before, seemed a lot like a Champ Roc. I guess I'll get more throws on this one.


Yeah it seemed to me to have Roc HSS but a heartier LSS. Cool disc for flex lines.

Didn't make the bag but I do dig it.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,253
Niced 659 Times in 305 Posts
Default

Yea the taurus is a nice disc but its not different enough from a rancho champ roc to warrant bagging it. For it being the RocX I expected it to be more overstable and instead its just very similar to a champ rancho

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,065
Niced 2,179 Times in 827 Posts
Default

Mids and putters are a hard deal; there are too many good ones and not enough space in my bag to carry them all.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #80  
Old 05-12-2019, 03:12 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,217
Niced 713 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Mids and putters are a hard deal; there are too many good ones and not enough space in my bag to carry them all.
This is true. Otherwise I would effectively squeeze out the midrange set up I am using for too many other molds that are not as universal in use by using putters and midrange disc that would with my bag set up and have only a specific use. Still would have the Putters I currently use for main putting. The main putters would not change but the rest of midrange and other putter stuff would change.

This is the problem right now the amount of good midrange and putters on the market that and finding a Destroyer one likes or similar flying discs from Innova or another company. Too much of that right now, not enough on control or fairway discs unless you count companies making a between Firebird/Thunderbird disc for the pro sponsored players to use. It is almost like Pro sponsored players even a few Pro female sponsored players are pushing some of those Fairway/Control molds to being obsolete from some companies that are not even looking at sales of how those types of molds are going.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-12-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ghosts, Glow Outlaws, MJ Comet, Taurus, Eagle MD3! Quinum The Marketplace 5 03-31-2018 02:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.