Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 281 Times in 176 Posts

Brought the bag out to League at the course the tourney is at this weekend. And!... shot terribly. 67. Iron man +13, though there are 3 or 4 holes that are close to 800’ long, through the woods... so, 4 on those is nice. I took a 5, 7, and 4 on them. Started the round with a big putt (probably circles edge) to save par, and birdie on the following hole. Downhill from there! Putting felt decent though, which I really hope carries over to tomorrow.

So, hope to at least recover my rating.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Eagle Member

Took a few days for the round ratings to get put in...

Didn’t shoot terribly at the tourney. Finished 2nd, shot a 940 and 932 (unofficial). Also dropped 11 points, to 923, with this update. Ouch!!!... hope to get another tourney or two to try and recover that.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Bags been really consistent. I occasionally toy the thought of adding X or Y for ____ reason. But, haven’t actually followed through. I feel comfortable with my game. I can pump a 400’ toss here and there, but stay around that 375’ range most often with the trespass. Good enough!

I *might* give the Raider (in the sub-170s) a whirl. They seem like a Lucid-X Trespass out of the box, maybe a little further.

Settling on the E-Firm envy for putter throwers. Comfy and straight. And not near as OS as the premiums. So:

Trespasses (Lucid-X, Lucid, Fuzion)
Enforcers (Bio)
Undertakers (FRZ, Z, ESP)
Felons (Lucid)
Heats (Z)
Truths (Lucid)
Verdicts (Lucid)
Envies (E-Firm)
Zones (ESP)
Judges (Prime)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Eagle Member

Been giving the Tomb another go in the driver putter slot. Must say, I don’t know why I didn’t give it a solid chance. The C blend has some great HSS, where the S blend has a -1/1 flight. I like premium throwers, so they’ll go in over the E Envies for a while.

Also, the wife has been throwing with me, which is really cool. I got her a Proof and Deputy a while back. Actually witnessing her progression is really fun. She hit her first birdie 2 today. And is getting decent distance with more consistency on her ~7th time out. Anyway, that’s cool.

Smacked chains on hole 2 at UMD today. Didn’t stick. I already have an ace on that one, but still would have been cool.

The bag for today:

C Blend Tomb
Prime Judge

Cheers.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,065 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Been giving the Tomb another go in the driver putter slot. Must say, I don’t know why I didn’t give it a solid chance. The C blend has some great HSS, where the S blend has a -1/1 flight. I like premium throwers, so they’ll go in over the E Envies for a while.

Also, the wife has been throwing with me, which is really cool. I got her a Proof and Deputy a while back. Actually witnessing her progression is really fun. She hit her first birdie 2 today. And is getting decent distance with more consistency on her ~7th time out. Anyway, that’s cool.

Cheers.
Tombs are good discs. Mine are really straight when I throw them hard, and have a solid, reliable fade when I throw with less power. I'd be bagging the Tomb, but the Stud pairs better with the Zone for me.

Congratulations to your wife upon her first birdie. Hopefully lots more to follow.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Brought a simple setup to Carlton (and no bug spray... very dumb).

Judge - Prime, Prime, Lucid
Zone - ESP, ESP
Truth - Lucid, Lucid, Lucid
Undertaker - FRZ, Z, ESP
Felon - Lucid, MF Lucid
Trespass - Lucid-X, Lucid-X, Fuzion, Fuzion, Lucid
Old 07-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Eagle Member

Think a couple things will change. I’m going to put the Tomb in, but likely just the C, as the flight plate of the S is too soft. I will give the defender a go in the OS distance driver; the enforcer isn’t different enough in flight from LX Trespass, and want something a little further.

Trespass - Defender
Undertaker - Felon - Heat
Truth - Verdict
Tomb - Zone
Judge
Old 07-29-2019, 12:43 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:

Midrange
- TRUTH Hands down my favorite mold. Favorites are flat small EMac silhouette (prEMacs with the 5/5/0/2 numbers). Very reliable, comfortable, straight. Perfect for the woods. Can't say enough.
- VERDICT Feels like a Truth, but glides a little less and fades more. Good for headwind mid shots, woods, FHs, power mid shots.

Putt and Approach
- ZONE I can't get rid of it. It is so reliable when you need what it does. From FH upshots, power putter shots off the tee, get-out-of-trouble, headwind putts, it's great to have.
- WARDEN Making the switch from Judges. More comfortable throwing them both fan and power grip, so I'll bag different plastics for putter drives, upshots, and putts. Very neutral and comfortable putter.
I like this bag. I was curious about having both the Zone and Verdict. Do you find they overlap at all? Do you find yourself reaching for one more than the other? I have a Zone, but was wondering if it'd be worth it to invest in a Verdict too. But I also don't get your sort of distance (max at ~ 315), so the spacing between those discs would be even less for me
Old 07-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,065 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
Think a couple things will change. I’m going to put the Tomb in, but likely just the C, as the flight plate of the S is too soft.

Trespass - Defender
Undertaker - Felon - Heat
Truth - Verdict
Tomb - Zone
Judge
As i said in a post above, I was using the S-blend Tomb, but swapped it out for the slightly-less-stable Stud when I added the Harp (and then the Zone) to my bag. While there's plenty of stability difference in the Zone and Tomb, I'm wondering if you find them to pair well, of if you're thinking that something less stable than the Tomb might pair better? Purely curious, I am...

Last edited by SD86; 07-29-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
As i said in a post above, I was using the S-blend Tomb, but swapped it out for the slightly-less-stable Stud when I added the Harp (and then the Zone) to my bag. While there's plenty of stability difference in the Zone and Tomb, I'm wondering if you find them to pair well, of if you're thinking that something less stable than the Tomb might pair better? Purely curious, I am...
Truthfully this is something I self-debate. Was a reason I stopped throwing the Envy (albeit the Envy is one of my favorite discs).

It kind of boils down to this: I like ‘fade’ and little turn; meaning I like to do-the-work. Work angles and let the disc pan/fade. If I can work a tiny flex or hyzer, that’s my preferred choice, and the tomb is good for that. So, although I may try a Pure or something in this spot, I am satisfied for the time being.

I will say I wish DD or Discraft put out a similar mold. For consistencies sake. And don’t say the Luna. Don’t like the flat inner-wing feel. Other putters are too deep, also.