Old 10-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Can smaller retailers not currently stocking Salient products contact them regarding wholesale too?
Yes we actually have two different options for wholesale ordering:

Please go to the wholesale menu on the website...there you will find the option of ordering directly online with live inventory and weights via Disc golf wholesale. Just set up an account and go.

The other option is download the excel order form and email your order to us..we only require a 15 disc minimum across all our discs total so you can mix and match. We also have some of the best margins on discs and bags on the market.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2014, 03:29 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,096 Times in 737 Posts

Is this disc PDGA approved?
Old 10-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Is this disc PDGA approved?
They are all approved under there original names. We are in the process of changing the names which doesn't require a reapproval, just a fee for each disc.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
First Salient release I've been interested in. I'd like to try this puppy out.
Agreed. I'm definitely interested in testing one of these. Hoping to maybe get one in a trade or borrow one somehow... Hint hint.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

John E is using it today for his short up shots and jump puts. He's pulled it out a hand full of times so far in the live coverage.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salient-ScottP View Post
It is not a fluke as all the lock jaws I have heard about and the one I throw are both stable and can put up a fight in the wind but do a great job of of flying nice and straight when thrown with power.
The fluke I was referring to was the post where he said his was flipper than a Polecat.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Additionally, I agree plastic blends make a bit of difference...but only a bit. The disc will still fly generally as intended.

I trust tbirds assessment on plastic blends making a bigger different in lids, however. It's part of the reason (along with the added weight) that people used to crave Ed's Midnight Flyers waaaay back in the day.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:56 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,096 Times in 737 Posts

Got a chance to throw this today in some 30 MPH winds at a 12 hole course just using it and the newly released vaccine. The lock jaw is not understable, at all. Holds up to a lot of power surprisingly and will even fade out very late in the flight. It has some decent glide too which I found increased a little as the disc seasoned up as did its wanting to start to turn a little. Its much more stable than a birdie or sonic and reminds me of the champion polecat I have a video posted of but more glide. Very fun disc to throw with it holding up to the winds way better than I ever expected. It has a little more traditional putter flight than your typical lids in that sense but the feel of one obviously. I would even rate it a little faster than those lids as its diameter and downward sloping rim seem to me to give it a little more speed compared to a polecat.

The plastic seems to be the same as the flat line which is not durable enough really but also said to be corrected in the future runs. Its a very soft waxy baseline that damages hitting anything and as a putter the baskets did a little work to it in the first round. Would love to try one of these in a premium plastic.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 978 Times in 641 Posts

Liquid Lockjaw could be sweet. I can't wait for liquid Touches.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had a Tiger Line Talon I've been trying out for awhile and I think its the best of my lids (polecat, birdie, rattler.) I can release it sloppy and it isn't going to go straight to the ground. Has greal float for a heavier lid and just kind of has a sit down flat fade. Durability is meh. Gets beat up. Haven't tried any Salient discs but I could see this in better plastic being straight gangster.