Niced 127 Times in 94 Posts
Default Bardu's Bag 2015

Well its that time of year again.

2014 http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ighlight=bardu
2013 Thread I http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ighlight=bardu
2013 Thread II http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ighlight=bardu
2012 http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ighlight=bardu
2011 http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ighlight=bardu

This will be my fifth season. After seeing so much progress my third year, I didn't play as much last year. Now I am living in a town with only a short pitch n putt. I do have a few disc golf road trips planned for the summer.

This will be my third year throwing Wizard, Buzzz, TeeBird, and Firebird. I am not going to change that formula. They are all workhorse discs capable of a wide variety of shots. I've toyed with the idea of a distance driver the last couple of years, but I am happy with the TeeBird at this point. I did put the Ion back in though. I like it better than the Evo Wizards I tried last year. It was one of my first discs and one of my best. I put alot of time in with it and I probably never should have taken out of the bag in the first place.

Last year, I accumulated a nice stack of backups and then promptly sold them off. But luckily, I held on to all of the discs near and dear to my heart. So the bag is a bit slimmer than the last time I posted. Here it is, in all its glory:

165 Champ Glow Firebird - new, OS utility
167 Champ Firebird - beat
167 Champ TeeBird - beat, main driver

180 Glo Z Buzzz - new
169 Z Buzzz- beat, everything

171 S Ion - beat, drives
165 M Wizard - beat, putting
172 S Wizard - beat
175 Glow Wizard - beat
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

What lines does you beat Champ Teebird fly? Your bag is always one of my faves.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 158

Thanks

Oh just normal boring lines. Hyzers, straight with fade or minimal fade. The one I've got was beat when I got it, and I've used it for a year and a half. Still plenty beefy.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Similar to mine now, only thing I'd add would be a leopard or sidewinder/roadrunner for an understable driver and possibly something like a comet/meteor for an understable mid. You can creat a lot of interesting angles and shape tight lines with the understable discs you just can't do with all the over stable stuff.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Nice to see your progression. I like your simplicity.

Last year I started accumulating Teebirds, never used them in my first few years but am slowly becoming very fond of them. I also just bought my first Firebird last week, I have always avoided it because I just assumed I didn't have the arm for it, but I just had to try one, if nothing else, it might make a good forehand/utility disc for me.

Out of curiousity, why did you switch from Roc's to the Buzzz? I went the opposite way, and why did you drop the PD?
Old 03-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1315 View Post
Similar to mine now, only thing I'd add would be a leopard or sidewinder/roadrunner for an understable driver and possibly something like a comet/meteor for an understable mid. You can creat a lot of interesting angles and shape tight lines with the understable discs you just can't do with all the over stable stuff.
My Buzzz is definitely beat to meteor level, no problem with long right turns with a small fade back or holding it to the ground. I could add something faster, but idk if I have the arm for it.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
Nice to see your progression. I like your simplicity.

Last year I started accumulating Teebirds, never used them in my first few years but am slowly becoming very fond of them. I also just bought my first Firebird last week, I have always avoided it because I just assumed I didn't have the arm for it, but I just had to try one, if nothing else, it might make a good forehand/utility disc for me.

Out of curiousity, why did you switch from Roc's to the Buzzz? I went the opposite way, and why did you drop the PD?
I would have thrown Rocs to the grave, but a friend returned an old Buzzz I'd had and I hit my first ace with it within a week and another within two months later. I have never really looked back. That's the same 169 Z Buzzz still in my bag.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

So a friend returned a TeeBird I worked with last year.

+1 Champ Glow TeeBird

Any thoughts on adding an Eagle to the bag? I have some experience with them. I know there is a lot of overlap with the TeeBird, but it fits my style. Would probably opt for Champion since that is my favorite plastic.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 149
Niced 60 Times in 20 Posts

Personally, I would consider adding a PD to the bag before an Eagle. With as simple a lineup as you're rocking, the speed difference would add more versatility than just the additional lines of the Eagle. You'd have a line shaper for headwinds and something with a bit more distance potential than the Teebird that just opens up some different options.

I recommend this primarily because I rock the Tesla and Crave as my primary drivers, and part of what I love about them is the speed difference: Tesla is PD speed and flies similar lines, and the Crave is a TL/JLS type with lots of HSS but minimal fade. I've fallen in love with this combination of slower straight-but-workable and faster workable overstable.

If you are going to add an Eagle, I'd go Star unless you have a beat in Champion, since a fresh Champ probably overlaps the most with Teebird lines. Once they start to wear and show that prototypical Eagle turn is when you'll get the full benefits of adding them to the lineup.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Bag update Easter 2015:

Champ Glow Firebird- seasoned
Champ Firebird- beat

Champ Glow TeeBird- seasoned
Champ Teebird- beat

Glow Z Buzzz- seasoned
Z Buzzz- beat

Champ Rhino- beat
S Ion- beat

Glow Wizard- beat
M Wizard- beat

We have a new addition to the bag! This disc was my very first putter. It has been gathering dust on a friend's shelf and to be honest I'd forgotten all about it. It is fantastically gummy and nicely worn in.

Thanks for all the advice. I mainly wanted to add the Eagle because I have experience with the mold and could have fun with another driver while staying at fairway speed. I really would prefer champ or champ glow though, despite the overlap. I like how the plastic feels, ages slower, and holds its stability longer. I do have previous experience with the PD, but I am going to stick with fairway speeds.

Last edited by Bardu; 04-05-2015 at 01:41 PM.