Old 12-21-2017, 04:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,185 Times in 530 Posts

If it works, or you like it, roll with it.
If it doesn't work, or you see no advantage, kick sand at elmexdela.

We're talking a pretty small number of strokes per round with this scenario.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,072 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I stole the idea from you. I really hope the Star Mystere comes into being, as well as a champ version.
Not my original idea, but feel free to steal and use it. The more, the merrier, as that'll make it so all the faster...

Either the S-CD3 or production Star Mystere is going to be the last piece of my core bag's "puzzle". Whichever works best....
Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,072 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
If the putter is no good for you at 35', for God's sake why are you using it at 15'? You could throw a shoe from 15'.
I mentioned 35 ft. as my own range where I start changing from my splush stroke to a stronger spin putt and then into a throw at longer distances. And that's a general guess, a thousand pardons if I actually am at 40-45 ft. before doing that. Everyone else's distances may vary, of course.

As to which putter at which distance, that's a personal and individual thing. All in all, whatever works...
Old 12-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 462 Times in 280 Posts

If I am approaching a short shot and intending for it to go in, I’m using the same disc every time. I feel like it takes away a choice and keeps me focused on that shot, whether it’s a 10’ putt, a 35’ anny putt around a tree, or a 50’ soon putt through a tunnel. That’s just what I prefer though, but I used to switch around and use “putter x” for this and “putter y” for that, but I score better with just the one mold.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 495 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
...For example, do you feel like you can spin putt either under branches or from 70'+ but your Daggers are either uncomfortable or drop from the air too soon...
Oh now this makes sense. I am starting to think that Ricky's choice of a specific putter for spin putts might have less to do with effective range and more to do with alternate putting stroke. Normally he tosses those Daggers pretty high up there, maybe it's easier to sneak a Judge under some branches or around an obstacle with a spin stroke.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,563 Times in 1,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Oh now this makes sense. I am starting to think that Ricky's choice of a specific putter for spin putts might have less to do with effective range and more to do with alternate putting stroke. Normally he tosses those Daggers pretty high up there, maybe it's easier to sneak a Judge under some branches or around an obstacle with a spin stroke.
Yeah they are faster/shallower from what I remember Daggers feeling like. Makes sense they work better for a snappy putt vs. his normal putting stroke. A spin putt and a normal "spush" type putt have 100% different form, I can't spin putt worth crap so I get how different they are, and how the same person may even prefer different molds for them. I'm at the point where I'm so bad at spin putts it doesn't matter what you'd put in my hand, so I don't need another mold for it.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,485 Times in 684 Posts

I have a love/hate relationship with guys who carry lots of different putter molds.
I have never seen one that putts well, =extra stroke here and there for me!
When they miss, they can never seem to shut up about how they picked the wrong putter
Old 12-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 679 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
You could throw a shoe from 15'.
This is such a good point, and one that is too often overlooked (IMO).

I admit, however, that sometimes I prefer to throw a boot rather than a shoe. They have better grip in wet weather conditions, plus the extra weight can help if it's windy.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 980 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Exactly. I pop putt Envys and Atoms but spin putt the VooDoo and Roach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with guys who carry lots of different putter molds.
I have never seen one that putts well, =extra stroke here and there for me!
When they miss, they can never seem to shut up about how they picked the wrong putter
I am the most consistent putter in the group I play with, but I use different putters based on what type of shot I am doing, not on range.....I get my butt kicked on my lacking in my midrange/approach game.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, I come back to this over and over in different scenarios but my bottom line is you have to execute a shot. Anything that makes you sit there thinking about which disc you should use instead of executing the shot is not good IMO. If the putter is no good for you at 35', for God's sake why are you using it at 15'? You could throw a shoe from 15'.
This just in , the gateway SHOE! It has a long pointed edge, grip on the bottom is rugged and it has laces! To snag the chains!!!