Old 12-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 129 Times in 53 Posts
Default Does anyone even bother sending feedback on reviews?

I feel like if I give someone a "not helpful" or if I think that their review is super good, I owe them a PM about said review.

But anymore, I just get ****ty replies about how I should "mind my own business" if the review was bad and I try to tell them why I said it wasn't helpful. I don't know if it's worth getting cursed at in a PM.

Anyone have any good experiences after sending a PM that they wouldn't mind sharing?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 198
Niced 14 Times in 8 Posts

I don't bother. Usually a review will get a thumbs down if it seems like they put no effort into it and if its well written it will get a thumbs up. There usually isn't any need for input unless asked for it, but that isn't really possible.

Sometimes I wish I could ask people why they thumb down my reviews, but it's just something you live with.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 103
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have also tried to send feedback and got the typical 'well, your reviews are long and boring and mine are meant to be short and I could give a **** about thumbs.'

Seriously...who posts reviews and then doesn't care about feedback? Isn't that the whole point of this internet thing?

I personally welcome all feedback, and have received some. Feedback has been for simple typos or small mix-ups in my review. All of it has resulted in slight revisions to my review for the better. My goal is simply to provide good and accurate information, and feedback helps me achieve that.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,155 Times in 1,420 Posts

I've no interest in reviewing reviews. They are that person's opinion.

But I've PM'd reviewers to clarify things in their review, or pass along info that may be of interest to them. For example, if a reviewer of Earlewood Park points out that one hole flies right over the amphitheatre and would be unplayable when the amphitheatre is in use (a definite con), I might tell them that it's only been used twice in the last 4 years.

Owning a private course in a remote location, I sometimes PM reviewers just to thank them for their review.

At the other end, my somewhat negative review of a new course resulted in the inexperienced designer PM'ing me. We had cordial discussions and he clarified some issues, with prospects for course improvements in the future.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I've no interest in reviewing reviews. They are that person's opinion.

But I've PM'd reviewers to clarify things in their review, or pass along info that may be of interest to them. For example, if a reviewer of Earlewood Park points out that one hole flies right over the amphitheatre and would be unplayable when the amphitheatre is in use (a definite con), I might tell them that it's only been used twice in the last 4 years.

Owning a private course in a remote location, I sometimes PM reviewers just to thank them for their review.

At the other end, my somewhat negative review of a new course resulted in the inexperienced designer PM'ing me. We had cordial discussions and he clarified some issues, with prospects for course improvements in the future.
Not to hijack but I just checked out your private course. I must say that it looks amazing!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 76
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Numbernine, I like your reviews. So as they say on the web, let the haters hate.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 31
Niced 338 Times in 126 Posts

I've written to clear up some misconceptions. There is a parking fee to get into the recreational area where our course is. IIRC somebody put in their review something along the lines of "for $10 a round there should be a lot more, blah blah blah." It's $10 a car for the day not a round. You can park outside of the lake and pack everybody in one vehicle like a clown car. We also don't see one penny from the parking fee. All the course improvements are out of our pockets.

I don't think the guy ever wrote back.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 46.2
Courses Played: 8
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts

Only once. And that was because I played the course on the same day as a review that was pretty wacked out.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

homerism gets you thumbs down, usually

Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

i'd like to think a lot of the reviews i write shouldn't have any thumbs down, but some people are really picky. i write my reviews without using the any capitalization, so i guess some people find that irritating or whatever

and here's another thing: how can a review be not helpful if it's the only review of the course? are you saying it was less helpful than no review at all?

Last edited by medicinalfunk; 12-13-2011 at 08:56 AM.