Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 339
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 253 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
Ferguson Park in Snohomish, WA. It's just a tiny little 9 hole course at 1492', perfect for beginners and families, but it's well done, great baskets and pads, in a lovely little wooded park, and it's a wonderful little course for chasing ACES. With a lofty rating of 1.80, it's nobody's idea of a destination course and it's just far enough off I-5 that no one' going to make it a casual stop but I could play it everyday. I'm actually too embarrassed to put it in my favorites.
Man, you must love throwing putters. I felt embarrassed that I carried my whole darn bag with me on that course...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2017, 12:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 146
Niced 453 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asromatifoso View Post
Barber Park in Greensboro, NC (rated 2.39, currently only has 13-14 playable holes). So, it has zero amenities; no tee pads, no signage, no bag hangers, no benches, lots of walkers, etc. Some parts don't drain well at all and on wet days you often get a sewage smell permeating parts of the course. However, it's where I learned to play, it has a great mix of long air-it-out type holes and a bunch of tight wooded holes, and is never really crowded (even before the construction took out a few holes) and it's super-convenient to my work so I can get in some practice in the evenings. There are many better courses in the area and I play them but I like Barber a lot, even with it's faults. Hoping that after the construction is done in the park, the city will upgrade it significantly. I've heard that's the plan but who knows?
Yeah Barber is arguably mine too. The ability to air it out really gives you a nice change of pace for this area/state and the wooded holes aren't that bad (although two of the best holes are probably gone forever).

Other than Barber all I've got is the Kraken up near Roxboro. Strange course but fun. The back nine is super short and wooded but has lots of lake carry holes and the front nine is super wide open and long and has that quirky hole where an abandoned tennis court is an island green. I was going to vote for either Campbell U. or Mazarick in FayetteNam but they just squeaked over 2.5.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-20-2017, 01:14 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 37 Times in 13 Posts

Cornwall Park in Bellingham, WA and Tyee Farms on Camano Island, WA. I only recommend Tyee during dry, summer weather; though.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 137
Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1

Amigo park in Cleburne TX. I loved it but most people seem to not lol. Tight and technical with unique greenery. Lots of risk/reward
Old 05-20-2017, 01:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 38.2
Courses Played: 270
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 32 Times in 21 Posts

Von Baer near Logan UT. My discing buddy Chuck had a 4-day workshop there, so I drove over and played all the close courses we could cram into the afternoons and mornings. We played Von Baer the first morning, and then every morning at 7am after that, we liked it so much and it was close. A creek forms a tight gorge with dense cover on the creek, and scattered shrubbery on the 60' bluff that you throw up, down and across. Great cardio before breakfast!

Takena Landing in Albany OR a close 2nd.

Last edited by ohtobediscing; 05-20-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 117
Niced 192 Times in 148 Posts

Easy. Palmetto Bay Village Center south of Miami. I rated it at 3, and it would probably get rated higher nowadays. 21 holes with some beautiful wildlife, good shot/hole variety, and nice baskets. Tees are not great, and navigation isn't easy, but a very nice "raw" course.

I have many that I love playing regularly that are under 2.5, but I think they deserve their rating more than Palmetto Bay.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 37 Times in 13 Posts

There are a few really fun holes at Van Zee, in Port Orchard, WA.