#51  
Old 01-26-2022, 01:13 PM
DrBone DrBone is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 52
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Ah interesting - the strap attachment does look very different between the 2 and 2.3. Definitely looks more secure in the newer design. Hope your bag arrives soon and better than ever!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-26-2022, 01:30 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,523
Niced 1,495 Times in 853 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBone View Post
Ah interesting - the strap attachment does look very different between the 2 and 2.3. Definitely looks more secure in the newer design. Hope your bag arrives soon and better than ever!
I already have a return tracking number so repairs were quick.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:30 PM
wolfey's Avatar
wolfey wolfey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 219
Niced 73 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
Update: Fossa received my bag today. They said it should be repaired and shipped back tomorrow. So far I am impressed.
This makes me like my Skinny2 even more. My experience with using it for over a year now has been excellent and knowing how Fossa stands behind their product just adds another layer of confidence.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-28-2022, 11:04 AM
Superbford Superbford is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Courses Played: 10
Posts: 285
Niced 182 Times in 94 Posts
Default

I had an issue with my Skinny 2.0.... the top putter pocket started coming undone.. about an inch of the way down on the right side... it did stop and never moved again. This is the side where I always pick up the strap first. Doing that seemed to put pressure on that one seem where it connected to the front of the bag. I kept using it because it didn't tear more after an inch or inch and a half... and overall didn't hamper how it worked. It doesn't look nice, but not that big a deal.

I did send pictures and they replied, but didn't have a fix or exchange.

I think better stitching in areas one of the updates to the 2.3

They are lacking in storage overall if you are using all of the space at the bottom for discs... but overall it is a very good design and bag...... I had one of the first runs of the Navy bag.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-28-2022, 11:20 AM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,032
Niced 2,035 Times in 1,000 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbford View Post
I had an issue with my Skinny 2.0.... the top putter pocket started coming undone.. about an inch of the way down on the right side... it did stop and never moved again. This is the side where I always pick up the strap first. Doing that seemed to put pressure on that one seem where it connected to the front of the bag. I kept using it because it didn't tear more after an inch or inch and a half... and overall didn't hamper how it worked. It doesn't look nice, but not that big a deal.

I did send pictures and they replied, but didn't have a fix or exchange.

I think better stitching in areas one of the updates to the 2.3

They are lacking in storage overall if you are using all of the space at the bottom for discs... but overall it is a very good design and bag...... I had one of the first runs of the Navy bag.
Shame they didn't offer a fix or reduced price exchange etc.

I believe I have the 2.0 and it hasn't torn anywhere after a good 50+ rounds (I have too many bags, mix it up a lot). The lack of storage is what I love about it - plenty of discs for casual rounds where I'm testing stuff or throwing multiple shots on one hole. Fits a 32oz Nalgene and my phone, keys, and a lacrosse ball for discs stuck in trees (towel too of course). Room for some trail mix or a small snack as well. Easy access and lighter than my other bags. I have a Simian, Spinal Tap, and Tana Pro if I want to carry a ton of gear/beer/extra water/whatever.

I get not everyone has more than one disc golf bag but for the price the Skinny is hard to beat.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-28-2022, 11:31 AM
Superbford Superbford is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Courses Played: 10
Posts: 285
Niced 182 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Shame they didn't offer a fix or reduced price exchange etc.

I believe I have the 2.0 and it hasn't torn anywhere after a good 50+ rounds (I have too many bags, mix it up a lot). The lack of storage is what I love about it - plenty of discs for casual rounds where I'm testing stuff or throwing multiple shots on one hole. Fits a 32oz Nalgene and my phone, keys, and a lacrosse ball for discs stuck in trees (towel too of course). Room for some trail mix or a small snack as well. Easy access and lighter than my other bags. I have a Simian, Spinal Tap, and Tana Pro if I want to carry a ton of gear/beer/extra water/whatever.

I get not everyone has more than one disc golf bag but for the price the Skinny is hard to beat.
I'm still a fan of the bag overall. Mine came in last January... 2021... they had a long wait to get them, supply issues, shipping issues and all that stuff. I think the top disc pockets were one of the changes and that they improved the strength of the stitching there for the 2.3.

It is certainly one of the best and more unique bags out there for the price point.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-28-2022, 11:39 AM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,523
Niced 1,495 Times in 853 Posts
Default

My repaired Fossa Skinny 2 is supposed to be delivered today. I’ll put up pics of the repair. I hope both straps are reinforced, but I’ll take a basic repair. This bag will only see carry use when it can’t ride on a new (to me) DD Zuca.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-28-2022, 07:29 PM
DrBone DrBone is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 52
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default

I hope they repaired both as well. It'd be cool if they spruced up the stitching on those front disc pockets to match the upgrades from 2.3 too but I wouldn't expect it. A full retrofit would be pretty amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-28-2022, 08:12 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,523
Niced 1,495 Times in 853 Posts
Default

Fossa repaired the torn left shoulder strap (right side in picture) by putting existing material deeper inside and re-stitching. They ran some stitching over to the good strap as well. While it doesn’t look impressive, I’m sure it’s more functional than the original.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CB2AD84A-99F0-4176-AD86-CA832F123716.jpg (152.1 KB, 93 views)
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 01-28-2022, 09:00 PM
DrBone DrBone is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 52
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default

huh - interesting. Hopefully it is sturdy for you but I would have liked to see them do something a little more impressive and also reinforce the other strap too. I guess whatever gets the job done though, hope it holds up for you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fossa skinny backpack bag jasonm The Marketplace 1 12-25-2019 09:57 PM
Fossa Skinny Dr.Smooth Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 14 10-13-2017 11:48 AM
Fossa Skinny ZafotheViking Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 3 12-01-2016 01:29 AM
Frolfin myself skinny Bikinimower General Disc Golf Chat 25 06-22-2012 06:18 PM
Why do the little skinny guys throw so dam far?? Link General Disc Golf Chat 71 02-25-2011 06:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.