#1751  
Old 01-26-2022, 01:59 PM
The Shide's Avatar
The Shide The Shide is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 320
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 715
Niced 374 Times in 194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Discraft still has pretty much zero stock themselves and wholesale customers are still on the "you get what we send you" program so I wouldn't look for a huge influx of DGA plastic any time soon. Consolidation of the 2 makes a lot of sense (to me at least).
Which is unusual, to me, considering how many racks of discs I've seen in the background of the C-Dick & Ben Callaway videos of late.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1752  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:12 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 397
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,289
Niced 9,263 Times in 3,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Discraft still has pretty much zero stock themselves and wholesale customers are still on the "you get what we send you" program so I wouldn't look for a huge influx of DGA plastic any time soon. Consolidation of the 2 makes a lot of sense (to me at least).
I suspect this has been answered (probably in detail) in another thread, but...

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

b) Labor? Bodies needed to work machines?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard.
I just don't spend much time shmoozing with Jim Kenner's posse.


Maybe I should.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1753  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:15 PM
Tyler J Tyler J is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 118
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 145
Niced 434 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Chandler Fry has been promoted to Discraft's Elite Team. His tour series disc will be the Surge.

Reply With Quote
  #1754  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:16 PM
The Shide's Avatar
The Shide The Shide is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 320
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 715
Niced 374 Times in 194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I suspect this has been answered (probably in detail) in another thread, but...

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

b) Labor? Bodies needed to work machines?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard.
I just don't spend much time shmoozing with Jim Kenner's posse.


Maybe I should.
Next time we let Bob Julio play through at Kensington, let's ask him.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1755  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:17 PM
The Shide's Avatar
The Shide The Shide is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 320
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 715
Niced 374 Times in 194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler J View Post
Chandler Fry has been promoted to Discraft's Elite Team. His tour series disc will be the Surge.
Now that's a disc we don't hear much of lately.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1756  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:18 PM
flatflip's Avatar
flatflip flatflip is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Tejas
Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 419
Niced 322 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw View Post
To be honest I had no idea who Marwede was until the middle of this last season when he started showing up in coverage.
Just some random dude who keeps showing up at the top of the putting stat charts every year: https://udisclive.com/stats?d=MPO&y=2020

Reply With Quote
  #1757  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:22 PM
BillFleming BillFleming is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,803
Niced 1,292 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I suspect this has been answered (probably in detail) in another thread, but...

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

b) Labor? Bodies needed to work machines?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard.
I just don't spend much time shmoozing with Jim Kenner's posse.


Maybe I should.
My thought is "a". Everyone is having issues with the supply chain and plastics are used for many other things besides discs (unfortunately). I'm guessing the plastic supply is going to larger consumers and higher priority ones (medical, automotive, etc). But that is my conjecture. Heck, if you are really close to to the warehouse/factory...stop by and ask them - they'd probably be glad to talk to you about the process (not being sarcastic...I think they really would discuss it as long as you aren't asking about proprietary info).

Reply With Quote
  #1758  
Old 01-26-2022, 02:46 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,923
Niced 2,356 Times in 1,128 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
Now that's a disc we don't hear much of lately.
something I've wanted to put back in the bag for a while, but I've been hesitant because of the lack of availability in different plastics. Maybe this will resolve that (maybe not overall availability though)

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1759  
Old 01-26-2022, 03:13 PM
seedlings's Avatar
seedlings seedlings is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Northwest Missouri
Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,510
Niced 1,483 Times in 846 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler J View Post
Chandler Fry has been promoted to Discraft's Elite Team. His tour series disc will be the Surge.
Oooh, nice. Surge (and Trespass) booted Wraiths for me. My Surge is flat as a pancake between the shoulders. I hope Chandler runs have some dome. Look forward to watching more buttery turnovers and 150’ throw ins.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #1760  
Old 01-26-2022, 04:02 PM
DeanMoriarty's Avatar
DeanMoriarty DeanMoriarty is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Southern Wisco border
Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 205
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 222
Niced 217 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
My thought is "a". Everyone is having issues with the supply chain and plastics are used for many other things besides discs (unfortunately). I'm guessing the plastic supply is going to larger consumers and higher priority ones (medical, automotive, etc). But that is my conjecture. Heck, if you are really close to to the warehouse/factory...stop by and ask them - they'd probably be glad to talk to you about the process (not being sarcastic...I think they really would discuss it as long as you aren't asking about proprietary info).
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who came across a bunch of plastic materials that uh... fell of a truck.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread F. Howl General Disc Golf Chat 1196 03-06-2022 11:37 AM
The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread GoobyPls General Disc Golf Chat 951 02-26-2021 05:13 PM
The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Bgso General Disc Golf Chat 882 03-25-2018 11:56 PM
The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Aim For The Chains General Disc Golf Chat 1267 07-15-2017 05:23 AM
The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread bhadella General Disc Golf Chat 1046 11-11-2016 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.