Old 01-26-2022, 01:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 320
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 374 Times in 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Discraft still has pretty much zero stock themselves and wholesale customers are still on the "you get what we send you" program so I wouldn't look for a huge influx of DGA plastic any time soon. Consolidation of the 2 makes a lot of sense (to me at least).
Which is unusual, to me, considering how many racks of discs I've seen in the background of the C-Dick & Ben Callaway videos of late.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2022, 02:12 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 397
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9,263 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Discraft still has pretty much zero stock themselves and wholesale customers are still on the "you get what we send you" program so I wouldn't look for a huge influx of DGA plastic any time soon. Consolidation of the 2 makes a lot of sense (to me at least).
I suspect this has been answered (probably in detail) in another thread, but...

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

b) Labor? Bodies needed to work machines?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard.
I just don't spend much time shmoozing with Jim Kenner's posse.

Maybe I should.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-26-2022, 02:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 118
Niced 434 Times in 106 Posts

Chandler Fry has been promoted to Discraft's Elite Team. His tour series disc will be the Surge.

Old 01-26-2022, 02:16 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post

If Discraft purchased additional equipment to increase volume, why can't they can't keep up with demand?

a) Can't get enough raw material (supply chain issues like long lead times, limited pellet mfg and high demand from other industries)?

c) They are running at full capacity, but demand for new discs is beyond anyone's wildest dreams?

d) Some other factor?

I feel kinda dumb not knowing the deal, because their factory/whse is basically in my back yard.

Maybe I should.
Next time we let Bob Julio play through at Kensington, let's ask him.

Old 01-26-2022, 02:17 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler J View Post
Chandler Fry has been promoted to Discraft's Elite Team. His tour series disc will be the Surge.
Now that's a disc we don't hear much of lately.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-26-2022, 02:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 322 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw View Post
To be honest I had no idea who Marwede was until the middle of this last season when he started showing up in coverage.
Just some random dude who keeps showing up at the top of the putting stat charts every year: https://udisclive.com/stats?d=MPO&y=2020

Old 01-26-2022, 02:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,292 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post

d) Some other factor?

Maybe I should.
My thought is "a". Everyone is having issues with the supply chain and plastics are used for many other things besides discs (unfortunately). I'm guessing the plastic supply is going to larger consumers and higher priority ones (medical, automotive, etc). But that is my conjecture. Heck, if you are really close to to the warehouse/factory...stop by and ask them - they'd probably be glad to talk to you about the process (not being sarcastic...I think they really would discuss it as long as you aren't asking about proprietary info).

Old 01-26-2022, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,356 Times in 1,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
Now that's a disc we don't hear much of lately.
something I've wanted to put back in the bag for a while, but I've been hesitant because of the lack of availability in different plastics. Maybe this will resolve that (maybe not overall availability though)

Niced: (2)
Old 01-26-2022, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 13
Niced 1,483 Times in 846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler J View Post
Oooh, nice. Surge (and Trespass) booted Wraiths for me. My Surge is flat as a pancake between the shoulders. I hope Chandler runs have some dome. Look forward to watching more buttery turnovers and 150’ throw ins.

Old 01-26-2022, 04:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 205
Niced 217 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
My thought is "a". Everyone is having issues with the supply chain and plastics are used for many other things besides discs (unfortunately). I'm guessing the plastic supply is going to larger consumers and higher priority ones (medical, automotive, etc). But that is my conjecture. Heck, if you are really close to to the warehouse/factory...stop by and ask them - they'd probably be glad to talk to you about the process (not being sarcastic...I think they really would discuss it as long as you aren't asking about proprietary info).
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who came across a bunch of plastic materials that uh... fell of a truck.