#81  
Old 01-21-2022, 02:10 PM
bnrstnkr bnrstnkr is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 66
Niced 38 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Check the register - the best putter is a KC Aviar.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-21-2022, 02:54 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,710
Niced 508 Times in 362 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
If I had a time machine I'd just go back to 1999 and buy 20 9X KC Pro Aviars. Then I could just ignore all threads about putters and throw 9X KC Pro Aviars until I died.
Buy 40 then sell the others for a couple grand. Is a NOS 9X worth about 100? I have no idea.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-21-2022, 03:41 PM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 27.4
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,184
Niced 6,437 Times in 2,137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Buy 40 then sell the others for a couple grand. Is a NOS 9X worth about 100? I have no idea.
The last one I bagged peeled the bead right where my finger sits on the rim. It still flew fine and all I had to do was adjust my grip up or down from that spot ever so slightly but I. Just. Couldn't. Do. It. OCD much? So I went to the stash; I had two left. One has a scuff at about 2:00 on the flight plate, the other is damn near mint. So I pulled out the scuffed one and shot a picture to a guy I know who buys a lot of big bead Aviars asking him if the scuff brought the value down enough that I should just throw it and he went "I'll give you $120 for that right now."

Short story long, when I want to throw a 9X I gotta adjust my grip to avoid that peeled bead because those other two went back in the stash. $120 is a lot 'o moolah to throw at trees.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-21-2022, 04:49 PM
oldmandiscer oldmandiscer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,710
Niced 508 Times in 362 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
The last one I bagged peeled the bead right where my finger sits on the rim. It still flew fine and all I had to do was adjust my grip up or down from that spot ever so slightly but I. Just. Couldn't. Do. It. OCD much? So I went to the stash; I had two left. One has a scuff at about 2:00 on the flight plate, the other is damn near mint. So I pulled out the scuffed one and shot a picture to a guy I know who buys a lot of big bead Aviars asking him if the scuff brought the value down enough that I should just throw it and he went "I'll give you $120 for that right now."

Short story long, when I want to throw a 9X I gotta adjust my grip to avoid that peeled bead because those other two went back in the stash. $120 is a lot 'o moolah to throw at trees.
Yeah I wouldn't throw it. I know guys who would though. One disc golfing bud took out a NOS PFN Star Destroyer, looked brand spanking new. I told him I would give him 60 for it, knowing I could sell it for probably 120+ I thought. It might even be worth 150-200, IDK. Anyways he throws it and enjoys it.

I throw lots of X-outs and stock stuff mostly (some tour series but not much), I'm certainly not throwing a 150 dollar disc around.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-21-2022, 05:10 PM
TiltedFlipCurves TiltedFlipCurves is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: The Triad
Courses Played: 31
Posts: 136
Niced 66 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Might be the Rubber Blend Challenger if that's what the guy with the best putting stats throws.

Or he's just that good, idk.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:19 AM
zendragon's Avatar
zendragon zendragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,082
Niced 334 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Waaayyy before Frank Delicious, Dave McCormack was telling me I had too many discs in my bag. I had a "driving putter" and a "putting putter"; he laughed at me and said "all putters do the same thing when you are putting. Pick out the putter you like off the tee and putt with it."

People let putting get in their head. The reason that discs like the KC Pro Aviar and Wizard have been the gold standard for putters for decades is because they are great driving putters. Once you drive the thing into C1 off the tee, you might as well pick it up and put it in the basket.
This is 100% why I putt with an Envy. It's the greatest driving putter of all time, and still putts like everything else. I do like the thinner profile over something chunkier for putting too, just for hand feel, but honestly that's secondary to having the most versatile and greatest driving putter ever created.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-28-2022, 09:36 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,284
Niced 2,399 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default

Well from a FB poll, it's currently 34 votes for envy as the greatest driving putter of all time. Next is a 6 for some piece of crap I wasn't familiar enough with to remember it's name.

So if everything is the same in C1.. Case closed! The Envy.

FB even said so
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-28-2022, 09:46 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,003
Niced 1,822 Times in 924 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well from a FB poll, it's currently 34 votes for envy as the greatest driving putter of all time. Next is a 6 for some piece of crap I wasn't familiar enough with to remember it's name.

So if everything is the same in C1.. Case closed! The Envy.

FB even said so

Well, that’s not fair if 32 of those votes were from you.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-06-2022, 06:46 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,284
Niced 2,399 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default



It stands for unity.. The Envy, broadly embraced by the masses and is a symbol of acceptance.

Just try and crap on my rainbow.. I dare you

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 03-06-2022, 06:53 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,859
Niced 1,270 Times in 646 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post


It stands for unity.. The Envy, broadly embraced by the masses and is a symbol of acceptance.

Just try and crap on my rainbow.. I dare you
Just got this... nope... not the best putter of all time...

Still the Wizard!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220306_152914.jpg (94.2 KB, 146 views)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Putter time deadbody The Marketplace 18 08-31-2012 09:42 AM
Throw a putter to help your distance driving - worst advice of all time Stud Muffin Technique & Strategy 113 04-12-2012 12:43 AM
How much time do you give a putter? jtreadwell Discs 72 03-03-2012 11:22 AM
25 Disc DX Mystery Lot! End Time: 2/5 Sunday 7:45PM Central Time 94LTICam DGCR Auctions 33 02-05-2012 09:27 PM
Mystery box - End Date/Time: 1/11/12 @ 9:59:59 PM Central standard time sammoeller DGCR Auctions 29 01-11-2012 11:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.