Old 09-14-2017, 11:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 83
Niced 319 Times in 216 Posts

Whoa, these things are fast, understsble and looooong. The closest thing I can compare it too is a Destiny in Icon plastic. A speed 13 Mongoose with some fade would also be an apt description. I threw mine a bunch today and had some bombs.

I've never actually thrown a Vulcan but I can see the comparison right off the bat. My blue 169 flies out of the box at 13/5/-3/2.5 The white 175 is more like 13/5/-2/3

I'm really digging them so far but they are waaaay more understsble than I thought they would be. I've never had a Cannon that has any where near this much turn. Not even close. I'm concerned they might actualy be a little too understable once they beat in a little. Who knows? What I do know is that I had some of the gnarliest loooong controlled hyzer flips I've ever thrown in my life today. I'll take it. The power requirement to get these to flip up to flat is considerably less than for any Cannon I've ever thrown. If you can't flip up a Cannon, try an Aftermath. If you can flip up a Cannon, keep doing that. You'll probably overpower the Aftermath.

These will be great for those with less power. I can't see how bigger arms would ever get these to work at all except maybe as a long distsnce roller. But for those of you that like the Destiny or something like a Vulcan and you like Legacy Icon plastic butter, these are worth a go. Maybe when they come out in Pinnacle or Legend, they will be a bit more stable.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by august dupree; 09-14-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 758 Times in 522 Posts

Dammit
Old 09-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 19 Posts

I have a max weight pink Aftermath and it really isn't all that flippy. Its a lot closer to a slightly beat in outlaw in stability, definitely not as flippy as any destiny I've thrown. I can anny flex it pretty hard and it will come out of it.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

With a thin mid line up and no overstable approach disc, why yet another high-speed driver?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscAnarchy View Post
With a thin mid line up and no overstable approach disc, why yet another high-speed driver?
The rumor floating around is pdga may put a hold on approving high speed drivers soon (or something along those lines), so Legacy is trying to get a couple of the drivers they've been working on out. The recon comes out soon which is also a high speed driver. They supposedly do have some more mids in the works that hopefully will come out soon.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg3rnautx View Post
I have a max weight pink Aftermath and it really isn't all that flippy. Its a lot closer to a slightly beat in outlaw in stability, definitely not as flippy as any destiny I've thrown. I can anny flex it pretty hard and it will come out of it.
Same distance as Outlaw?
Old 09-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Same distance as Outlaw?
Pretty similar at this stability, though could easily be described as a slightly longer outlaw. If I had one that's more broken in or more on the flippy side I could get it farther.
My main drivers are first run and second run 167g orange icon outlaws. Usually get them to about 400-420ish. The aftermath I have is pretty comparable to these. Though they're well seasoned so we'll see how this aftermath does as it breaks in.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Fwiw, the blue one I have at 169g has a slight dome. There is no evidence of a Vulcan type top on it. It is the flippy one. The white 175g is flat and it looks kind of like it has a Vulcan top. It is less understable than the blue one but definitely still understsble. Neither of these two discs will tolerate a FH throw without putting a LOT of hyzer on them at release.

I was hoping these would compete for the stable DD Sherrif/Shryke slot in the bag. They do not. I could also compare them to Bolts. In a good way.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Sherrif.
I do this too.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I do this too.
It doesn't help that my phone has both versions now stored as auto-predicted words...

What I was trying to say was....

The Aftermath is no Sheriff. Lol. It's not even a light weight bio Sheriff. The Sheriff is a fairly stable disc. The heavier Lucid Sheriff can hold a flick. I usually carry two Sheriffs. One light Sheriff and one heavy Sheriff. The Sheriff is a staple of my distance driver game. I wish that they would make a fluid Sheriff but it sounds like that's not likely to happen any time soon. It's there a production decodye Sheriff? If they made a prime Sheriff, I don't think I would buy it. The Sheriff flies for me like a longer slightly worn in Trespass.

Better?