Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 35
Niced 168 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Pair them with a Classic Truth. Oh yeah.
R.I.P. Classic Truth.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
R.I.P. Classic Truth.
What do you mean? Did you lose one?

If it's an RIP in reference to a rumor that who knows why or how got started they are not doing away with the classic truth. There will be more released.

Apparently not the case with the classic fugitive though. Guess my first runs just went up in value but I don't care I wanted more for throwing. I'm going to try to remember to keep asking for all mids in classic and hopefully even some drivers. I'd really like some escapes in classic base plastic.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Par Member

Niced 12 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
What do you mean? Did you lose one?

If it's an RIP in reference to a rumor that who knows why or how got started they are not doing away with the classic truth. There will be more released.

Apparently not the case with the classic fugitive though. Guess my first runs just went up in value but I don't care I wanted more for throwing. I'm going to try to remember to keep asking for all mids in classic and hopefully even some drivers. I'd really like some escapes in classic base plastic.
Steeze, have you heard any rumblings about classic verdicts? I swear I've seen some but can't find any info.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 55 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia gorge View Post
Steeze, have you heard any rumblings about classic verdicts? I swear I've seen some but can't find any info.
Someone was saying something along the lines of them making them soon but not sure how reliable that info was. I like Classic Truths but think I would like Verdicts better in Classic.

And if they really cancel Fugitives in classic they should just scrap them altogether, they are garbage except in classic.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia gorge View Post
To my knowledge none have ever been ran. I'm not sure if they will be either but it wouldn't be until 2015 if they were. I know that DD had to decide what they wanted to be ran as far as production and plastics for the upcoming year and a lot of people wanted classic verdicts so I would say it's very possible you see them sometime in 2015. I'm not sure though I'll ask around. The truth though I never heard from anyone that I knew would know that they were going out of production.

I think that got started by some over zealous resellers when they were out of stock from ordering for a long time they just assumed they were out of production and started selling what they had left as "OOP classic truth" then prices went up and people started spreading that rumor. I believe just last weekend Emac told some people they were on the next container because the rumor was getting more wide spread. From what I could tell they sold well and no reason not to run more. They also lose easily for me. I've lost more classic truths than any other disc in the last year.

The fugitive is great in the classic. It's the only one I like but I know plenty of people like it in fuzion and lucid too so I don't want the mold to go away but I'd really like to see more ran in the classic. The problem is I don't think they sold quick enough to justify that. I know the first run stamped ones sit around on the shelf dwindling slowly and are just now catching on with players. It make a perfect seasoned kc pro roc for me. Very similar in shape and flight just dead straight with little fade but you can shape all kinds of lines with it. I hope they do more but if not I've got my stock built up.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,039 Times in 498 Posts

I believe some Euro guy on here started the Classic Truth going OOP rumor.

Then some other guy was selling some in the MP as OOP.